ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS document upload query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR(M): Change of address whilst waiting for decision

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:58 pm

Background: Fiancee arrived in the UK end of 2019, married in January 2020 and submitted application for FLR(M) in April. UKVCAS centres were shut but identified for biometric re-use, currently deciding whether to wait for the app or opt out and get an appointment later this month.

We are hoping to end the rental agreement on our flat immediately (problems with landlord and neighbours) and move in with my parents for a short while. I saw online you can update the address whilst waiting for a decision via this link, you just need one piece of evidence (e.g. new utility bill or bank statement):

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk

If I were to update the address on our joint bank account to my parent's address, we'd have a new statement issued in 1 week with the new address, so that's fine. If the decision is going to be 8 weeks minimum away, we don't want to stay in this flat for any longer than necessary.

My question is: My parent's house doesn't have a property inspection report, and it's going to be a nightmare to get their mortgage statements, title deeds etc. On the paperwork prepared for the application in May, our rented flat had everything: inspection report, tenancy agreement, landlord consent letter, joint utility bills etc.

Will UKVI consider the application based on the documents for the OLD address, which was correct at the time of application, or would they demand updated documents for the new address?

I'm hoping they just use the new address to send the BRP to, and don't need any extra documents.

Thanks for any advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M): Change of address whilst waiting for decision

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:02 pm

Your supporting documents are relevant only at the date of application online. There is no requirement to upload documents dated AFTER your online submission date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:09 pm

Thanks. I had conflicting advice from 2 different solicitors, one said the documents only need to be relevant to the date you apply online (even if it was months ago and circumstances changed), and another said it's best to update them to be relevant for your appointment date.

The documents I've actually submitted (via the "send to UKVI" button on UKVCAS) were actually relevant to July, 2 months after application, but hopefully this won't be a problem as it's still 6 months worth of bank statements (February-July)

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:02 pm
Your supporting documents are relevant only at the date of application online. There is no requirement to upload documents dated AFTER your online submission date.
Btw, is this written anywhere in any manuals/guidance/appendices? Just so I can go back and correct the solicitor who advised wrongly.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:23 pm

It is clearly stated in the ukvi guidance etc that the date if application is the date you submit and pay online and not your biomteric appointment with a third party agent company.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:23 pm
It is clearly stated in the ukvi guidance etc that the date if application is the date you submit and pay online and not your biomteric appointment with a third party agent company.
Thank you. So we should be good to update the address and get the BRP sent to parents house :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:39 pm

rarbg wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:09 pm
and another said it's best to update them to be relevant for your appointment date.
Second solicitor is also mildly correct because since the inception of biometrics reuse practice, UKVI may asks the supporting documents even until today which despite being paradoxical still happening. Therefore, the supporting documents must ideally be kept up to date.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:44 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:39 pm
rarbg wrote:
and another said it's best to update them to be relevant for your appointment date.
Second solicitor is also mildly correct because since the inception of biometrics reuse practice, UKVI may asks the supporting documents even until today which despite being paradoxical still happening. Therefore, the supporting documents must ideally be kept up to date.

Hmm, this worries me a bit. The documents for the current flat rental have no expiry date (inspection report, tenancy agreement, landlord consent), but if they asked for evidence for the new address, we'd be unable to provide them easily.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:49 pm

rarbg wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:44 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:39 pm
rarbg wrote:

Hmm, this worries me a bit. The documents for the current flat rental have no expiry date (inspection report, tenancy agreement, landlord consent), but if they asked for evidence for the new address, we'd be unable to provide them easily.
In that case redirect the caseworker to their own guidance that your documents till the date of application should be considered which you have already supplied them.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:01 pm

Can you expand on the "since inception of biometrics reuse practice"?

As far as I know, there was always a grace period, so after submitting the application online, you had 90 (?) days to submit your biometrics at an appointment.

With Covid-19 it's a bit longer, up to 4 to 5 months for some people, but why any different just because of biometric reuse? Why are case workers asking for most recent supporting documents?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:17 pm

rarbg wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:01 pm
Can you expand on the "since inception of biometrics reuse practice"?
https://www.gov.uk/ukvcas#:~:text=If%20 ... nformation.
rarbg wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:01 pm
Why are case workers asking for most recent supporting documents?
That has been known from member's experience about which you can search by yourself. See an illustration here:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... 35-20.html

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:03 pm

Thanks. I'll try to gather documents relating to my parents' property, but hopefully they won't be asked for. We'll argue that all documentation was valid as per the time of submission.

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UKVCAS document upload query

Post by rarbg » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:30 am

This new option was available on the UKVCAS website last month - "submit documents to UKVI" - which can only be done once. There was no announcement or guidance as to what it does, but most people assumed it will allow UKVI to start case working the application before the biometrics are submitted.

I've now realised that one extra document needs to be added - the website will allow me to upload more documents, but can't submit as I already submitted last month.

Will any new uploads be submitted to UKVI after the biometric appointment, or is it best to get it scanned at the centre to ensure it's passed on?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UKVCAS document upload query

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:18 pm

rarbg wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:30 am

Will any new uploads be submitted to UKVI after the biometric appointment, or is it best to get it scanned at the centre to ensure it's passed on?
That now might only be possible at centre or if the caseworker sends you the email asking that.