ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding CSWP and Promotions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

truevelvet
Newly Registered
Argentina

Regarding CSWP and Promotions

Post by truevelvet » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:05 pm

Hi folks

I was wondering if receiving a promotion at work (and subsequently a title change in seniorship) could affect my application to renew a CSWP Stamp 1 and/or further down the road. I was originally hired as a "Senior Software Engineer" and have since then been promoted to "Software Engineering Team Lead" which is basically the same role with a bit more of team responsibilities and a small raise.

Could this cause issues when trying to move towards a Stamp 4 after 2 years?

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Re: Regarding CSWP and Promotions

Post by barter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:28 pm

No , there is no impact and it's a common scenario , issue is if there is change in responsibility or title change from engineer to consultant that time they may question.

If you want to be on safe side, you can write an email or letter informing the department about this change with letter from HR explaining this.

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Re: Regarding CSWP and Promotions

Post by barter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:49 pm

In addition , its better to inform the department about this change as far as I remembered permit states - if there is any change in details mentioned in permit changes inform them and 'Title is mentioned on permit'. There should not be implications if it's promotion with no change in original responsibility and only new responsibilities added.