ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of employer on Work permit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahimjohar
Newly Registered

Change of employer on Work permit

Post by rahimjohar » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:15 pm

Hi guys, any one on Worpermit has changed his/her employer recentley.
I am on workpermit but want to change my employer, can any one help?
Do I need to go through the new point base system? what documents do I need?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:45 pm

Unless you have a potential employer ready to sponsor a workpermit for you, the only option you have is to change to Tier 1 (General) if you want the freedom to work for any employer in UK.

See UKBA website for information regarding Tier 1 (General). Read the guidance notes a couple of times and *carefully*.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rahimjohar
Newly Registered

Post by rahimjohar » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:21 pm

If I found a job and the employer wants to employ me, do I still need to go through the point system? coz I am unable to score 75 points?

Is there any other way to skip the point system?

Cheers.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:02 pm

rahimjohar wrote:If I found a job and the employer wants to employ me, do I still need to go through the point system? coz I am unable to score 75 points?
Guess I did not make it simple enough first time.

If you find a job and the employer wants to employ you, then one of the following must be fulfilled:
a) Intersted employer sponsors a new WP for you and once it is approved, you apply for leave to remain, OR
b) you make an in-country application to switch to Tier 1 (General) immigration category, or
c) you have a spouse who is in UK in his/her own right and you can become his/her dependent (dependent application will have to be made from home country).

Options b) and c) offer the freedom to not be restricted to working for a particular employer.

Apart from these options I don't think there is any other immigration category that you could use to work full-time in UK - unless you have some other "special" ties with UK (e.g.- ancestory).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!