ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship- form query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deshu
Newly Registered

British Citizenship- passport query

Post by deshu » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:34 pm

Dear all,

I have a query regarding my application for naturalization. I am an Indian national and I first came to UK as a student in 2004 and was issued with another student visa in 2007. I then moved to Italy in 2009 where I renewed my passport.
I moved back to UK in 2012 as a family member of EEA citizen and have my BRP issued in 2017.
My question -
1.When applying for British citizenship, for my date of arrival shall I mention 2004 or 2012? There was a period of 3 years when I was not in UK between 2009-2012 but I now have been living in UK for the last 7 years and have all P60/P45 and other relevant documents.
2. My new passport issued in 2009 in italy has the visas issued to me as part of the EEA application. Do I have to submit the old passport which has the student visas?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British Citizenship- passport query

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:00 pm

No, only passport(s) covering the qualifying period i.e. 5 years under 6(1) or 3 years under 6(2).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

deshu
Newly Registered

British Citizenship- form query

Post by deshu » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi all,
I am filling in the online application. There is a section- Previous application details. My questions are as follows-
1. I have permanent residence through EEA route. Shall I include the application for the permanent residence?
2. I've 1st arrived in UK in 2004 on a student visa. Would i include all my previous visa applications?
3. I don't remember the exact dates of applications but know the months. Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship- form query

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Topics merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British Citizenship- form query

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:44 pm

1) Yes
2) ALL
3) Estimates would do. Its an “if known” question.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.