ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application - Non-Registered Post

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hortu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship Application - Non-Registered Post

Post by hortu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:12 am

Hey guys,

I sent my application the 1st of July, unfortunately I made the mistake of doing it via normal post (not registered), and without a return address.

Has anybody sent theirs also via normal post in the past? Have they processed it anyway?

I can't find anything in the irishimmigration.ie or the Form 8 that asks for registered post, but I've read some mixed answers in this forum so I wanted to see if I should start acting on this right now. Given the delay they have nowadays, I wouldn't want to realize that I've been waiting in vain and my package with passports is lost in the middle.

Thanks a lot.

sugeie
Ghana

Re: Citizenship Application - Non-Registered Post

Post by sugeie » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:02 pm

i actually made the same mistake but with a stamp 4 renewal application. i wrote to immigration asking if they rejected applications sent in using normal post and they this was their response. This might also be their stance on citizenship applications

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.
We will process the application . We advise that applications be sent by
registered post so they can be traced.

Kind Regards,

Visa Customer Services
INIS Dublin

hortu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hortu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:10 pm

Hey sugeie,

Thanks so much for the reply, this gives me some hope.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if the 'Visa' department applies the same policy as the 'Citizenship' one. If anybody has a similar experience or knowledge about Citizenship Applications, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:04 pm

hortu wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:10 pm
Hey sugeie,

Thanks so much for the reply, this gives me some hope.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if the 'Visa' department applies the same policy as the 'Citizenship' one. If anybody has a similar experience or knowledge about Citizenship Applications, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks!
I've sent additional proofs to them via normal post (after I sent them an electronic copy by email).
They later confirmed they have received both the electronic and the hard copy.

I can't say for the same for important documents such as passports, but I don't see there's any point for them to return the application on this basis. Using registered mails only gives you the benefit of being able to track the package. Nothing more. (And in fact I have at least half a dozen registered posts getting lost this year alone...)

hortu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hortu » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:45 am

Thanks a lot littlerr! That's a good reference too.

Not sure if the fact that the original application has passports makes it different with regards to registered vs standard post.

Anybody sent the original application with StandardPost and got it processed?

Patchwork
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Patchwork » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:48 am

It will be fine - registered post is for your additional confidence, not for theirs.