ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching jobs whilist waiting for decision for flrm

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Switching jobs whilist waiting for decision for flrm

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:44 pm

hi guys,

I need some guidance .

I applied for my wifes spouse visa (switch from tier 4 to flrm) in early April 2020.

Due to covid-19 the application has been delayed . Yesterday we got email stating that we can use the IDV app in next few weeks.

I have recieved a job offer (well above the threshold required), which I would like to accept. However , this morning I wondered that can this pottentially affect my wifes visa application?

What are guidelines for the sponsore switching roles whilist waiting for decision , do they only consider the sponsors employment at the time of application or at the time of decision?

Really confused, what to do. Please can someone help?

Regards
Sadiq

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Switching jobs whilist waiting for decision for flrm

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:17 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:44 pm
hi guys,

I need some guidance .

I applied for my wifes spouse visa (switch from tier 4 to flrm) in early April 2020.

Due to covid-19 the application has been delayed . Yesterday we got email stating that we can use the IDV app in next few weeks.

I have recieved a job offer (well above the threshold required), which I would like to accept. However , this morning I wondered that can this pottentially affect my wifes visa application?

What are guidelines for the sponsore switching roles whilist waiting for decision , do they only consider the sponsors employment at the time of application or at the time of decision?

Really confused, what to do. Please can someone help?

Regards
Sadiq
As per guideline the documents/circumstances till the date of application matters but still the person is expected to be with same employer at least until the time when UKVI liaise with his/her present employer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:41 am

thanks seagul, just trying to interpret the meaning of "expected" , does this mean I cant switch employers no matter how long ukvi take to make a decision?

I do have a 2 months notice period so even if I take the new job i will still have to serve the 2 months notice.

Does anyone know if I do switch jobs, how to notify UKVI. And what will happen to my wifes application?

Finally Anyone on this group been in a similar situation?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:48 am

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:41 am
thanks seagul, just trying to interpret the meaning of "expected" , does this mean I cant switch employers no matter how long ukvi take to make a decision?

I do have a 2 months notice period so even if I take the new job i will still have to serve the 2 months notice.

Does anyone know if I do switch jobs, how to notify UKVI. And what will happen to my wifes application?

Finally Anyone on this group been in a similar situation?
It is always recommended to stay in employment until the decison has been made because i have come across certain situation where ECO rang employer and found out sponsor have left the job, the application was refused on this basis although i consider these to be very harsh on the applicants whlst this is the case, some people have also left their employment and got approved, it may be due to caseworker not carrying out any employment checks.

Another thing, Once application have been submitted, it is very difficult to get in touch with the decison making centre and the helpline are not useful in terms of escalating change of employment to the ECO and submitting further evidence will be accepted on the discretion of the caseworker.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:25 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:41 am
There is no other way to contact them unlike in past where additional information can be sent by post. If the new job is palpably more lucrative then instead leaving the old job just take unpaid leave from them and join the new job (if that possible).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:52 pm

Thanks TODMATT and Seagul, A quick update on the matter.

I called in UKVI, and to my surprise the agent who answered the call was very helpful. I explained my entire case to her and my situation.

She confirmed over the phone that switching jobs is 'OK' and will not affect the visa application. I asked her to double check which she did.

I also then spoke to a solicitor and he confirmed the same stating that as long as I am switching jobs from one employer to another and the new job is not a "Contract based" it is OK and has no impact on the application. As I only need to prove my Job "at the time of application".

Therefore, I have decided to take on the new role, I will update all of you about what happens in the future.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:59 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:52 pm

I called in UKVI, and to my surprise the agent who answered the call was very helpful. I explained my entire case to her and my situation.

She confirmed over the phone that switching jobs is 'OK' and will not affect the visa application. I asked her to double check which she did.
Give them a call tommorrow, you will hear an entirely different reply because they are security receptionist with no immigration knowledge.
sadiqkhans1 wrote:
I also then spoke to a solicitor and he confirmed the same stating that as long as I am switching jobs from one employer to another and the new job is not a "Contract based" it is OK and has no impact on the application.
True but only if UKVI doesn't call the employer which happens most often.
sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Therefore, I have decided to take on the new role, I will update all of you about what happens in the future.
Keep us updated. Good luck