ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When should I submit the application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Re: When should I submit the application?

Post by wegetthejobdone » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:47 pm

dogcat wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:42 pm
'Third country' means non EU citizen.
Probably being dumb here, but how can you apply via the EU Settlement scheme if you’re not a EU citizen? Is this something different from applying after having been granted Settled Status?

dogcat
United Kingdom

Post by dogcat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:58 pm

wegetthejobdone wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:47 pm
dogcat wrote:
Probably being dumb here, but how can you apply via the EU Settlement scheme if you’re not a EU citizen? Is this something different from applying after having been granted Settled Status?
You can a apply as a spouse etc of EU citizen even if you are form non EU i.e 'third ' country.

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:00 pm

dogcat wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:58 pm
wegetthejobdone wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:47 pm
dogcat wrote:
You can a apply as a spouse etc of EU citizen even if you are form non EU i.e 'third ' country.
Gotcha, thank you. I’ll go ahead and upload on the UKVCAS website then!

expat2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Supporting documentation for naturalisation with Settled Status

Post by expat2019 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:16 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:10 pm
Not aware of that advice - as company directors mainly don't get paid through PAYE (P60), which ensures automatic NI contributions, it would be your self-assessment returns or company accounts whichever you submit to HMRC.
I also was company director during my qualifying period. I was contracting for a third-party company and invoiced it on a monthly basis. Then I paid myself a salary that was close
to Primary Threshold which means I didn't pay NIC or if I paid it was very small. The rest of the money was withdrawn in dividends which NIC is not payable on.

After some time I quit contracting and started working on a startup. It lasted for 1 year and 9 months. I kept paying out a minimal salary but stopped withdrawing dividends. I lived off the money I'd saved on my personal account.

I'd never had CSI during my qualifying period.

Could it be an issue for HO that I neither had CSI nor paid enough NIC to cover my healthcare?

During my startup period my only official income was the minimal salary. Does it still make me self-employed (or working) in the light of BC application?

Apart from P60s is there anything else I need to attach to the application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:16 am

expat2019 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:16 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:10 pm
Not aware of that advice - as company directors mainly don't get paid through PAYE (P60), which ensures automatic NI contributions, it would be your self-assessment returns or company accounts whichever you submit to HMRC.
I also was company director during my qualifying period. I was contracting for a third-party company and invoiced it on a monthly basis. Then I paid myself a salary that was close
to Primary Threshold which means I didn't pay NIC or if I paid it was very small. The rest of the money was withdrawn in dividends which NIC is not payable on.

After some time I quit contracting and started working on a startup. It lasted for 1 year and 9 months. I kept paying out a minimal salary but stopped withdrawing dividends. I lived off the money I'd saved on my personal account.

Could it be an issue for HO that I neither had CSI nor paid enough NIC to cover my healthcare?

During my startup period my only official income was the minimal salary. Does it still make me self-employed (or working) in the light of BC application?

You should continue in your own topic please. This is not a general discussion topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:11 am

expat2019 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:16 pm
[ ... ]

UKVI may or may not ask you about CSI, and documents supporting it. Clearly you didn't have it and need to explain in that case. We haven't seen any cases yet where applications were impacted due to CSI. NIC contributions don't count towards CSI and as such are not an issue as long as you paid what you were obliged to pay. Same with earnings levels - employment as such is not a pre-requisite. Include the P60s you have which are proof of your residency. Any periods not covered by P60s can be supported by Council Tax bills or other oficial letters/documents (HMRC, DWP, Pensions, etc).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:41 pm

In the case of a EU citizen like me who doesn't have any stamps to prove first and subsequent entries to the UK, should I still upload all pages of my passport?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:53 pm

wegetthejobdone wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:41 pm
In the case of a EU citizen like me who doesn't have any stamps to prove first and subsequent entries to the UK, should I still upload all pages of my passport?
The biometrics and any other data pages should be sufficient.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.