ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fanta
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by fanta » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:33 pm
Members what are your thoughts about opting in VS opting out??
I am more inclined towards optioning out. At least I will have a specific date I know my biometric will be enrolled if I book an appointment. I am tired of this waiting game.

We still have till 7 Aug to decide. I have sent an enquiry to UKVCAS indicating that priority for me is to enrol the biometrics as early as possible rather than the comfort of not having to attend the appointment. Since we have no date when the app will be ready, we are in no position to know what will be faster but they surely will have a rough idea of the app launch date.

It seems such a waste of time that we have been kept waiting when the system wasn't even ready and then we again have to wait another 10 days to opt-out.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 pm

The email says: If you opt out, you will be sent an invitation 10th Aug onwards.... whats the guarantee when this email invitation will come soon after 10th? Maybe another phased opening......... and maybe IDV app comes even quicker than that? Confusion!!

Maybe some kind of update will clarify in the next few days, hopefully before 7th so one can make an informed decision!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

fanta
United Kingdom

Post by fanta » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 pm
The email says: If you opt out, you will be sent an invitation 10th Aug onwards.... whats the guarantee when this email invitation will come soon after 10th? Maybe another phased opening......... and maybe IDV app comes even quicker than that? Confusion!!

Maybe some kind of update will clarify in the next few days, hopefully before 7th so one can make an informed decision!
It may be a gamble worth taking for me if we don't hear anything by the 7th. My application date is 2nd April. I was just going to get invited to book an appointment when they stopped inviting applicants who were eligible. When they say they will start sending out invitations ON 10th, even if they do so in phases, I hope I will be one of the initial applicants to receive it since they are currently inviting people who applied in June.

Confidence
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Confidence » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:26 pm

Hi guys
I find it difficult to believe my decision without facial image. I have printed out my pdf decision email and asked 5 people to double check with me. I have also checked with the application ref number and the email came from Nationaility decision caseworker.

Today I received email from Ukvcas about rolling in the app for facial image.

Since monday I have been looking out for whoever has positive decision with biometric reuse and no facial image.

I'm still puzzled and this got me thinking 🤔

On my decision letter it was stated due to covid-19 they will not send out invitation for ceremony. So, I emailed Nationality support team today and update them that my city council are doing visual ceremonies from next week if they can send out my invitation letter and certificate to council. Hopefully I will get a positive reply b4 next week runs out.

Good luck to everyone waiting and I will keep you posted with anything. Safe!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:29 pm

Confidence wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:26 pm
Hi guys
I find it difficult to believe my decision without facial image. I have printed out my pdf decision email and asked 5 people to double check with me. I have also checked with the application ref number and the email came from Nationaility decision caseworker.

Since monday I have been looking out for whoever has positive decision with biometric reuse and no facial image.

On my decision letter it was stated due to covid-19 they will not send out invitation for ceremony. So, I emailed Nationality support team today and update them that my city council are doing visual ceremonies from next week if they can send out my invitation letter and certificate to council. Hopefully I will get a positive reply b4 next week runs out.

I believe this has something to do with EU settlement route maybe. However, you are the ONLY one who reported this, still need more people to share such good news to figure out what really is happening.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:57 pm

I genuinely hope this is not the app they are talking about.
Note the date for contract is meant to start.
Hoping they already have an app and this is for the new, NEW app for 2022 :D

Link for Home Office procurement pipeline is below.

C16942
New IDV Delivery Partner
Future ID Verification Service Integrator.
DDaT
01/03/2022
£30,000,000
Not known
ICT>ICT Services>ICT Services
Immigration

https://assets.publishing.service.gov. ... sv/preview

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:54 am

hello,
Hope you al are well. i got this email for id app today at 12pm. And i wont opt out and will go with the flow. i think opting out will be another wait for an appointment etc. so i think we should avail this opportunity. good luck alll.

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:51 am

This new option that has been given to applicants regarding OPT OUT or waiting for the new IDV app to roll out has put everyone in a dilemma, because nobody knows which option would ensure faster processing. If we opt out, the biometrics appointment can only be made by invitation, which means waiting until your invitation arrives and then looking for free booking slots.

Earlier a Q&A posted by someone from their solicitor said that the app would be ready by mid August. The UKVI email also says that the app will be rolled out in phases starting August. So maybe not everyone waiting will be invited to use the app at the same time.

The decision to opt out or stay put is like that of whether to change lanes in a traffic queue. You see the other lane moving faster but if you change to that lane, all of a sudden ut comes to a halt and the lane you left starts moving faster.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:28 pm

“ The elderly could be asked to shield again and London could be put back into lockdown amid growing concern of a second wave, according to reports in the The Sunday Times and The Sunday Telegraph“

Seems like, lockdown measures could be imposed again (hope not) but in the current scenario, I would think NOT to risk for opting out and then caught up in lockdown again, rather stay put with IDV app which can be used from home.

Lcastle
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Lcastle » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:20 pm

Martinha84 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:36 pm
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help.

I uploaded all my documents to UKVCAS by Wednesday this week and on Thursday, yesterday, I had my biometrics appointment. I went back into UKVCAS once I got back from my appointment and there is no option for me to submit my documents, I can see them all uploaded but no way to submit. Is this how it usually is? Does the submit button just suddenly appear a few days after your appointment has taken place or am I missing something?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I have emailed UKVCAS but thought I’d post here in case someone else had experienced the same thing.

Thank you so much!
Can I ask, when did you put your application in? Thanks :)

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Confidence wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:26 pm
Hi guys

Just wondering if you can share some dates :
- When did you submit application
- When did you upload your documents and click “submit”
- When did you receive approval by mail

This is great news and hope we can get our approval too very soon !

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Just as an interesting side-note. I applied 23rd June, my solicitor just received a call from the Home Office asking about their postal address (my solicitor moved and the Home Office mentioned that they were just checking whether the new address on the application was correct). Not sure whether this means they are now reviewing the application or what...

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:29 pm

Just an update, below is what I have received from nationality team. I was chosen for biometric re use so not sure why they are saying they are waiting for my biometric.

Dear Xyz

Your application for Nationality is currently being considered and we are awaiting your Biometric information.

Yours sincerely

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:30 pm

londonent wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:26 pm
Just as an interesting side-note. I applied 23rd June, my solicitor just received a call from the Home Office asking about their postal address (my solicitor moved and the Home Office mentioned that they were just checking whether the new address on the application was correct). Not sure whether this means they are now reviewing the application or what...
Possibly yes. Hope so we can have more members who share that they are approved without the facial image. Keep us posted. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:31 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:29 pm
Just an update, below is what I have received from nationality team. I was chosen for biometric re use so not sure why they are saying they are waiting for my biometric.

Dear Xyz

Your application for Nationality is currently being considered and we are awaiting your Biometric information.

Yours sincerely
I think they mean is: facial image to be submitted via IDV app??

Good to see at least the processing is going at pace!

EvanEdinger
Newly Registered

Post by EvanEdinger » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:42 pm

Choudhryalim wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:25 pm
Hello everyone
I hope that you all are having a good weekend.
I just received an e mail update from UKVCAS regarding the new IDV app.
They gave me an option to opt out by 7 august, and if I did opt out, they will send me an e mail on or after 10 August with instructions on how to book an appointment.
I applied for naturalisation on 16 June 2020 and my e mail starts with M
I pray to God that All of us receive good news soon.
Ameen
I applied on June 16th, 2020 as well! And my email starts with an n. Got the email round the same time as you.
Really praying this all goes smoothly.

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi all,

I understand that my query might be too easy to ask. Any guess whether IDV app can be downloaded out of UK or should be downloaded and used in UK only. Thanks.

Uma

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:03 pm

Guys, further update, again applied 23 June 2020, submitted documents online on the 3rd of July: received request for additional information from the Home Office (no surprise there since hubby has the number of absences exceeding 450 days) today, just now actually, requesting further proof that husband was in country. The gentleman was very kind and I asked him whether they were reviewing the application, to which he replied that yes, he is now doing the review

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:10 pm

londonent wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:03 pm
Guys, further update, again applied 23 June 2020, submitted documents online on the 3rd of July: received request for additional information from the Home Office (no surprise there since hubby has the number of absences exceeding 450 days) today, just now actually, requesting further proof that husband was in country. The gentleman was very kind and I asked him whether they were reviewing the application, to which he replied that yes, he is now doing the review
Called you or your solicitor?
Whose the application for? Yourself or your husband?

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Called solicitor, applied myself, plus minor child, plus husband. As on the online application where all go together.

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:15 pm

I should just mention that I just happened to be close to my solicitor at the time, so was able to speak to the person too. Very nice gentleman it seemed

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:29 pm

londonent wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:15 pm
I should just mention that I just happened to be close to my solicitor at the time, so was able to speak to the person too. Very nice gentleman it seemed
Thanks.. lets hope for the best. Keep us posted thanks

Leandros
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Leandros » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:59 pm

An update for everyone who are waiting for the biometric appointment route.
Today I received my approval - timeline as follow:

29/06/2020 - Made the payment for naturalization as an EU national.
30/06/2020 - Received acknowledgement.
20/07/2020 - Received non-usable biometric and asked to book appointment to take biometric.
27/07/2020 - Biometric taken.
31/07/2020 - Received email from HO for further information at 2:08PM after 4 days.
31/07/2020 - Submitted further information request at 22:25PM.
03/08/2020 - Received approval at 8:17AM.

Just as some members said after giving the biometric at the UKVAS they responded within a week.

Good luck everyone.

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:00 pm

Leandros wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:59 pm

20/07/2020 - Received non-usable biometric and asked to book appointment to take biometric.
31/07/2020 - Received email from HO for further information at 2:08PM after 4 days.

Just as some members said after giving the biometric at the UKVAS they responded within a week.

Good luck everyone.
Congrats,

I think I am going to opt out of this app facial thing and go for biometrics,

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Leandros wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:59 pm

Good luck everyone.
Congrats ! Just wondering how much did you pay for biometric appointment ?