ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

K1 Visa - Biography as part of submission?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Eternal_Howl
Newly Registered

K1 Visa - Biography as part of submission?

Post by Eternal_Howl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:41 am

Hi there,

My fiance is about to file for the K-1 visa for me (I'm the foreigner). Anyway, does anyone know of any specific format or anything in particular that needs to be included in the bio that accompanies the K-1 visa application? We are going through a lawyer but as I'm here and he's there and men can sometimes be hopeless at asking the right questions I thought I should ask.

Obviously, names, dates of meeting, how we met, how we feel about each other is important, but is there any tips or pertinent info that should also be included that doesn't cover the obvious? (We have photos etc, it's the biography or background info -coverletter or BOOK as in our case, that I'm talking about.)

We met on the Net end of 2006, and we've been waiting a while before we looked at filing as obviously there needs to be an established relationship present. Hell, we would have married last year (3 months after we first met on line and when we first met in person) had we thought things would go our way!

Cheers.

darko

Post by darko » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:24 pm

Pictures would be good. From my personal experience though: I brought pictures of me and wife from wedding and many other social gatherings... Didn't have to use them. In fact, we haven't been asked a single question that was related to marriage :O

I heard they could grill you if they get suspicious though