ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain (Spousal Visa)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Indefinite Leave to Remain spouse visa

Post by kimuk » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:59 pm

Hello CR001, it seems to be very kind and knowledgeable of you to go through all of those questions above.

Im currently on Further leave to remain 2.5 year spouse visa, which is about to expire 13th Aug 2020 this year.
I came to the country on student visa back in Jul 2018 and got my 1st further leave to remain 2.5 year spouse visa on 13th Apr 2015.

Would it be ok for me to apply for my ILR visa anytime from now until before the 13th Aug this year?

Also which form should I use as I was accidentally on the wrong form the 1st time and it caused me so much troubles before so I got quite nervous. I would be grateful if you can kindly help me with the link of the form to start.

What exactly are the requirements for ILR spouse visa category?

Im looking forward to hearing from you and the others soon.
Thanks & regards
Kim

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:05 pm

Please don't tag your questions onto other members topics. It is unfair and creates confusion.
Im currently on Further leave to remain 2.5 year spouse visa, which is about to expire 13th Aug 2020 this year.
What date was your first spouse visa granted if you applied within the UK?
I came to the country on student visa back in Jul 2018 and got my 1st further leave to remain 2.5 year spouse visa on 13th Apr 2015.
Are you sure about your date you came in a student visa?
Would it be ok for me to apply for my ILR visa anytime from now until before the 13th Aug this year?
You can apply for ilr if you meet the requirements no sooner than within 28 days before reaching 60 months residence in a spouse visa.
Also which form should I use as I was accidentally on the wrong form the 1st time and it caused me so much troubles before so I got quite nervous. I would be grateful if you can kindly help me with the link of the form to start.
Set M
What exactly are the requirements for ILR spouse visa category?
Financial, English, proof of subsisting relationship which is evidence for the last two years in both your and your spouse's name, LIUK test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Indefinite Leave to Remain (Spousal Visa)

Post by kimuk » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Hello everyone,
Im looking for help for my ILR visa application.
I came to the UK on student visa in July 2018. I was granted the 1st 2.5 year further leave to remain spouse visa in Apr 2015. My current 2nd 2.5 year spouse visa will go expired in 13rd Aug 2020 this year. So im planning to apply for ILR on a 5 year route.

1/ Just wondering can I apply anytime from now until before 13/8 this year?
2/ Which form should I use as I was accidentally on the wrong form in previous visa application so just want to make sure this time. Is there any links that you can help me to start with?
3/ What are the exact requirements for this ILR spouse visa on 5 year route?

Im looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks & regards,
Kim

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain (Spousal Visa)

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:41 pm

Topics merged. Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics!!!

Your questions were already answered when you posted on TWO days ago!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by kimuk » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:14 pm

Thanks for the respond and sorry for all the confusion.
I came to the UK on student visa in July 2018.
My 1st further leave to remain 2.5 year spouse visa was issued on 13/5/2015 and valid until 13/10/2017.
My 2nd 2.5 year was issued on 12/02/2018 and will expire on 13/08/2020.

1/ Can I apply for my ILR visa on 5 year route anytime from now until before the 13/08/2020?
2/ Also the requirements you mentioned earlier, the proof of subsisting relationship which is evidence for the last two years in both my and my spouse's name, would it be ok to have separate name on the bills as we don't have anything that show our joint name on the bills (e.g gas bill on my name, council tax on his name...)
3/ Financial requirements, is it mandatory to submit 2 year pay slips of me and my husband? Do I need 2 year P60 also?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Kim

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:23 pm

kimuk wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:14 pm
Thanks for the respond and sorry for all the confusion.
I came to the UK on student visa in July 2018.
My 1st further leave to remain 2.5 year spouse visa was issued on 13/5/2015 and valid until 13/10/2017.
My 2nd 2.5 year was issued on 12/02/2018 and will expire on 13/08/2020.

1/ Can I apply for my ILR visa on 5 year route anytime from now until before the 13/08/2020?
2/ Also the requirements you mentioned earlier, the proof of subsisting relationship which is evidence for the last two years in both my and my spouse's name, would it be ok to have separate name on the bills as we don't have anything that show our joint name on the bills (e.g gas bill on my name, council tax on his name...)
3/ Financial requirements, is it mandatory to submit 2 year pay slips of me and my husband? Do I need 2 year P60 also?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Kim
1. Yes
2. Yes in that case 6 cohabitation evidences should be in individual names from at least 3 sources.
3. P60s aren't needed but can utilize as cohabitation evidence.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:25 pm

1. Yes, you could have applied in mid April already.

2. Yes, fine to submit documents in individual names.

3. No. You only need 6 months evidence but it really depends on how you are meeting the financial requiremen ts and how long either of you have been employed with your current employer. P60s are NOT required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by kimuk » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:33 pm

Thanks for clarifying all. I was too confused with the date to start my application as some people say has to be no sooner than 28 days before the 60 months (which exactly is 13/5/2020 from the date my 1st 2.5 year visa was issued, means I am so behind), some say as long as before 13/8/2020 which my current visa expires.

Thanks again for all your help. I will be starting filling in the form and preparing all required docs. In the meantime, if im stuck somewhere, I will ask again here and please kindly help me out.

Thanks a lot once again.
kim

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by kimuk » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:40 pm

HI CR001, how silly me, I should have applied a few months ago, wish I knew this website earlier.
But anyway, I will start doing now.
I ;ve been employing with this new job within the last 2 years and my husband started the self-employing about 1 year ago.
So I just need 6 month payslips of mine and my husband's?
Thanks again for your help and Seagul's help.
kim

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:25 pm

What is your annual salary?

When did you start this job exactly?

For self employed, there is a lot of documents required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by kimuk » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:28 pm

I started the current job around June 2018.
My wages situation is not really straight forward.
I used to work part-time but within the last 6 months since Dec 2019 last year, I started working full time and I have since earned gross income over 20k to meet the threshold £18.600k. Before Dec 2019, my rotas was not fixed so every month I earned differently and I doubt whether I earned over that threshold for the year of 2018 & 2019 if I need to submit 2 year payslips.
My husband started self employing since 1-2 years ago so just wondering whether I still his financial proof.

In this case, please advise what I should do to be on the safe side and avoid the troubles may occur.

Thanks & regards,
Kim

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:07 am

kimuk wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:28 pm
since Dec 2019 last year, I started working full time and I have since earned gross income over 20k to meet the threshold £18.600k.
Just use your income alone and its associated supporting documents for a simplified case.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 pm

if the op has come to the UK in July 2018 on *student visa*, does it not reset the clock?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:38 pm

n8net wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 pm
if the op has come to the UK in July 2018 on *student visa*, does it not reset the clock?
It is clearly a typo as the first spouse visa was granted in April 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:50 pm

ah ok, op typed it twice in two posts..hence asked

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by kimuk » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:14 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:07 am
kimuk wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:28 pm
since Dec 2019 last year, I started working full time and I have since earned gross income over 20k to meet the threshold £18.600k.
Just use your income alone and its associated supporting documents for a simplified case.
Really appreciate your advice, Seagul.
I thought everything has to be within 2 years period, thats why I want to check with you.
In this case, regarding to financial requirements, I just use my payslips & bank statements alone from Dec 2019 till now and don't include my husband's.
Thanks again for all your help.

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by kimuk » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:38 pm
n8net wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 pm
It is clearly a typo as the first spouse visa was granted in April 2015.
Oops, sorry for that typo. I came to the uk on student visa in 2008.
Thanks for all your helpful advice.
kim

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by kimuk » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Hello everyone,
Sorry for troubling again.
I am in the middle of completing the application form Set M for ILR under 5 year route.
There are few questions that I am quite confused and not sure how to provide the best possibly answers so please help me out.

1/ Were you originally granted leave on the basics of an application made before 9/7/2012 as a partner on the family route?
Should I say No as my 1st spouse visa was granted in 2015 ?

2/ Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary? ( my partner settles in the UK not having a British passport yet).
I said No and they ask explain why not

3/ Are you part of any social groups or do you have any other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
I said No and again being asked to explain why not

4/ Regarding to the proof of knowledge of English language, I chose a degree taught in the Uk. However, I was then asked: did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an ILR application made on or after 28/10/2013. I have no clue of what these special requirements are but should I say yes.

Really appreciate for any responds and help soon to complete the form.
Thanks & regards
Kim

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:37 pm

1. Correct, the answer is no.

2. It isn't a trick question. There is no right or wrong answer. Simply answer based in your circumstances.

3. Do you not have any family or friends in your home country?? This is what the question is about.

4. The question is an error. Simply say no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by kimuk » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Thanks for your prompt respond CR001 !
Regarding to the question 3, they have already asked me earlier if I have any family and friends in VN, which I said yes and provided them with all details about my parent and a close friend in VN.
Then they ask me that question whether im joining any social/ cultural groups in VN, you think its better if I say no to make things more simple?
many thanks
kim

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by kimuk » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Hello everyone,
Sorry for all the troubles. I have a question while filling in the application form that need your advice please.

I was asked whether I have spent time outside the UK for more than 2 weeks, which I have lately come back home twice a year ( 3 weeks 3 days in 2018, 1 month in Jan/Feb 2019 then again 3 weeks 2 days in June/july 2019 and 3 weeks 3 days in Jan/ feb 2020 this year). As Im not sure if any restricted time to spend outside the UK so just wondering whether my time out will cause any probs. Also the reason for those periods, I just said family visit to see my parent, would it be okay like this?
Many thanks for all your help
Kim

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:27 pm

You simply need to list the absence.

There is NO absence limit for spouse visa holders.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by kimuk » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:56 pm

Really appreciate your help and patience, CR001.
Thanks & regards
Kim

kimuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by kimuk » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:06 pm

Hello everyone,
Please I need your advice.
My current second 2.5 year visa under category of a spouse of a person who settled in the UK with 5 year route will expire later this month 13/08/2020. I have just submitted the online application for ILR and made a payment online today 4/8/2020.

Then it redirected me to Sopra website for booking biometric appointment and uploading supporting documents. However, there is no current availability for appointment until end of Sep and appointments in Oct have not been released yet I believe.
Just want to get assured that I am applying for the ILR within the time frame allowed and they will count the day I submitted the application online and the payment went through successfully not the day of my biometric appointment or the day i've done uploading all documents right?

Thanks a lot for all your help.
Thanks & regards
Kim

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:25 pm

kimuk wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:06 pm
Hello everyone,
Please I need your advice.
My current second 2.5 year visa under category of a spouse of a person who settled in the UK with 5 year route will expire later this month 13/08/2020. I have just submitted the online application for ILR and made a payment online today 4/8/2020.

Then it redirected me to Sopra website for booking biometric appointment and uploading supporting documents. However, there is no current availability for appointment until end of Sep and appointments in Oct have not been released yet I believe.
Just want to get assured that I am applying for the ILR within the time frame allowed and they will count the day I submitted the application online and the payment went through successfully not the day of my biometric appointment or the day i've done uploading all documents right?

Thanks a lot for all your help.
Thanks & regards
Kim
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the biometric appointment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)