ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash income employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gilo
Hong Kong

Spouse visa cash saving Category D confusion

Post by Gilo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:11 am

Hi everybody

I am a bit unsure about the cat D. It said the cash saving can be hold by the applicant, the partner, or jointly. Does "JOINTLY" mean that those cash saving needs to be in the joint account or can be added up together from both of our individual bank accounts?

Say I have USD 50000 and GBP 10000, and my husband has GBP20000, those cash saving are held under our individual bank account but not in our joint account, do all those money from us can be combined? thank you.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Spouse visa cash saving Category D confusion

Post by Korekt » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:00 am

Gilo wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:11 am
Does "JOINTLY" mean that those cash saving needs to be in the joint account
This is likely what is being referred to.
do all those money from us can be combined? thank you.
Yes.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:37 pm

Thank you for the reply. Can anybody share their experience? It’s just saving from each of us are at different countries, we can’t put them in a joint account. The guideline doesn’t say Clearly that whether our saving can be combined or not..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:19 pm

Gilo wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:37 pm
Thank you for the reply. Can anybody share their experience? It’s just saving from each of us are at different countries, we can’t put them in a joint account. The guideline doesn’t say Clearly that whether our saving can be combined or not..
Guideline is very unambiguously confirming it:
7.4. Cash savings – further guidance
7.4.1. Savings must be held in cash in a personal bank/savings account in the name of the
applicant, their partner
or the couple jointly.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Thank you for the reply. So I decided to rely on my own saving. That leads to another question that I don’t understand if there are experts can help:

A: I need to meet GBP 62500 cash saving. I have GBP30000 in saving account for more than 6 months. Also, I have GBP 33000worth of stocks shares in my investment account, I have owned those shares for more than 6 months. If I apply spouse visa next month, can I sell all those shares from the market and then combine with my rest of the cash saving of GBP 30000?

B: The market price of the shares 6 months before application was GBP40000, it is now GBP 33000, which market value do they take into consideration?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I’m very confused with lots of words and my brain can’t work well.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:34 pm

You need to refer to the page 46 of the official guidance to learn it in full insightfully.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... xLurhR6nv1
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:15 pm

• the requirements of Appendix FM-SE in respect of the cash savings held at the date of application are met, except that the period of 6 months prior to the date of application in paragraph 11(a) will be reduced by the amount of that period in which the relevant funds were held in the form of investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds
the value of the investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds at or before the beginning of that 6-month period was at least equivalent to the amount of the cash savings relied upon in the application
Sorry I just don’t get it.. what does it mean by was at least equivalent to the amount of cash savings relied upon in the application

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:21 pm

Gilo wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:15 pm
• the requirements of Appendix FM-SE in respect of the cash savings held at the date of application are met, except that the period of 6 months prior to the date of application in paragraph 11(a) will be reduced by the amount of that period in which the relevant funds were held in the form of investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds
the value of the investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds at or before the beginning of that 6-month period was at least equivalent to the amount of the cash savings relied upon in the application
Sorry I just don’t get it.. what does it mean by was at least equivalent to the amount of cash savings relied upon in the application
whilst not fully sure due to the same being insufficiently explained in the official guideline, I think the lowest value during the last 6 months might be considered likewise happens in case of cash savings. But in either scenarios £33000 or £40000 when these will be combined with cash savings of £30000 then will satisfy the requirement.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:15 pm

Thank you so much :)

Gilo
Hong Kong

Typo in FM1.7 Appendix guideline?

Post by Gilo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:01 pm

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
• the person's employment and gross annual salary
• the length of their employment
• the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied
upon in the application
• the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)
• Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips
at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the
name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly
where the person is either a director or employee (or both) of a limited
company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies House
Hi guys, I was reading through FM1.7 Financial requirement page 33 for Category A. It states that is what they require for letter from employer. I just found this weird... is there anything to do with Employment letter who works in a limited company? Or is it just a typo ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Typo in FM1.7 Appendix guideline?

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:45 am

Gilo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:01 pm

company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies House

Hi guys, I was reading through FM1.7 Financial requirement page 33 for Category A. It states that is what they require for letter from employer. I just found this weird... is there anything to do with Employment letter who works in a limited company? Or is it just a typo ?
Although that has been mentioned in the guidance but never seen to have been realistically be enforced where if someone is working for an employer who is not his family member. In that case the UKVI should be carrying out their own exploration.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:46 pm

Gilo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:01 pm
A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
upon in the application
I do not see anything wrong with the paragraph because it relates to someone who falls under paragraph 9A of Appendix FM-SE and if you don't fall into that category then you can apply as normal even if you are director or employee of a limited company.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:36 pm

I didn't make myself clear. What i found is that in FM1.7 session Category A:
upon in the application
• where the person is either a director or employee (or both) of a limited
This point is under the information given by employer in his employment letter.

While in FM-SE specified evidence:
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(d) Where the person is a director of a limited company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not of a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies House.
This is a seperate requirement from the employment letter. That's why i was confused...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Gilo wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:36 pm
I didn't make myself clear. What i found is that in FM1.7 session Category A:
upon in the application
• where the person is either a director or employee (or both) of a limited
This point is under the information given by employer in his employment letter.

While in FM-SE specified evidence:
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(d) Where the person is a director of a limited company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not of a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies House.
This is a seperate requirement from the employment letter. That's why i was confused...
Well to keep it intelligible if you are working for a none-family member employer then you will only need employer letter and ukvi will perform their own checks if they need any (same as said earlier).

Gilo
Hong Kong

UKVCAS registration

Post by Gilo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi guys, my solicitor submitted my application on behalf of me and she registered on UKVCAS as well (with her email address). However, she will be leaving her company to a new one two weeks later and we agreed to each other that I will book appointment and do the uploads by myself as this would be the easiest way not to cause any miscommunication during handover to her colleagues. So my UKVI application account is under her email address, and she put my email address as applicant's contact email in the application form. When she paid my fee on UKVI, she registered on UKVCAS with her email address. As i have access to application form and checklist, i can click ''book appointment" at the end of the submission, so i clicked that and receive an email asking me to register as well... Would it cause duplicate account on UKVCAS when I do the uploads as the account was under the email of my solicitor. I just dont know how it works.... or it doesn't matter as individual applicant will be asked for the UAN anyway? if anybody has any experience, please let me know. Thank you.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Oh I See! So no new requirements have been added for Category A. Thank You Seagul!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:59 pm

Gilo wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:55 pm
Oh I See! So no new requirements have been added for Category A. Thank You Seagul!
No other than there are few hodgepodge in online application forms which can be clarified through a covering letter.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Cash income employment

Post by Gilo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:52 am

The gross amount of any cash income may be counted towards the financial requirement, where the correct tax has been paid on that income and where all the relevant evidential requirements in Appendix FM-SE are met.
Hi guys if you can help

We are applying under SET M Category A. My husband Has fixed monthly salary with payslip issued each month but the pay is by cash payment from boss. So we put the correct net amount shown on payslips into the bank. We did the same at the entry clearance five years ago and it was fine.
My concern is that since he has changed his company this year, and the tax deduction on payslips varies each month (he is still on fixed monthly salary) and we have calculated there will be tax owed to HMRC for £1.20 for year end April 2020. He checked his personal tax account on HMRC and it shows his tax is being calculated. Letter will be sent by post to tell you if you paid too much or too little tax. And how is he supposed to know if he has paid the correct tax in May, June and July this year?

This situation just worries me because the HO will treat it as cash income and look at the tax has been paid CORRECTLY? It worries because the tax deduction at entry clearance application was correct but this time is not. He always gets letter in August each year saying that tax has been overpaid / underpaid....

Anybody has this experience to share?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cash income employment

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:06 am

Topics merged. Please keep all questions on the same application in one topic.

Are you using cash savings or income to meet the financial requirement??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:15 am

Sorry I think I have clicked new post but I don’t know why it shows under my previous post.

I’m going to use category A now as the shares won’t work.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:44 am

Sorry I think I have clicked new post but I don’t know why it shows under my previous post.
I have merged your topics. Please read the forum rule on multiple topics!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... t5722.html
Cash paid income can be used provided the whole cash payment is deposit and matches the payslips.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:44 am

Cash paid income can be used provided the whole cash payment is deposit and matches the payslips.
Sorry. I have read the rules I did click new post. But I don’t know why it has shown under my previous post. Maybe I should go back to the home page and create the post. But anyway. Thanks for the advice.

So the tax potentially underpaid to HMRC won’t be an issue? There is no way we can check how much he owes as the HMRC personal tax account said that they will post letter to inform us... I’m worried the HO won’t count the cash paid salary as an income as the guideline said “when the correct tax has been paid “

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:44 am

Sorry. I have read the rules I did click new post. But I don’t know why it has shown under my previous post. Maybe I should go back to the home page and create the post. But anyway. Thanks for the advice.
I have merged your two topics into ONE!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:28 pm

If you have merged the post does it mean that I can carry on this topic or I need to create another post? Sorry I’m very confused... and can somebody let me know that should I be concerned about the tax underpaid issue.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 pm

You carry on in this topic please, ie. all questions in ONE topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)