ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI unexpected refund

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mumtaz1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UKVI unexpected refund

Post by Mumtaz1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:26 pm

Hi All

I applied for my husbands settlement visa and submitted biometrics March 9th. We applied in Lahore using the priority service. Covid19 ofcourse resulted in delays and I called the visa office July 3rd for an update and they informed me the visa was on hold and escalated the case. I called again July 24th and they informed me the application had been concluded. We haven't heard anything since but instead received a refund of £540 into my account today. The reference is for UKVI and not IHS. This makes me think it is a fees refund for the priority service. I didnt request a refund and have contacted them again but they couldn't tell me what the refund was for but said it's likely a fees refund. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar refund and what it meant for them.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UKVI unexpected refund

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 pm

Mumtaz1 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:26 pm
Hi All

I applied for my husbands settlement visa and submitted biometrics March 9th. We applied in Lahore using the priority service. Covid19 ofcourse resulted in delays and I called the visa office July 3rd for an update and they informed me the visa was on hold and escalated the case. I called again July 24th and they informed me the application had been concluded. We haven't heard anything since but instead received a refund of £540 into my account today. The reference is for UKVI and not IHS. This makes me think it is a fees refund for the priority service. I didnt request a refund and have contacted them again but they couldn't tell me what the refund was for but said it's likely a fees refund. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar refund and what it meant for them.
Since you said and it is not up to the amount for IHS, then maybe it is not. Depending on the exchange rate the £540 you mentioned is closer to the cost of priority application which is £573 on the HO fee schedule. Like in time past, it will only be proper that it is refunded noting the long delays occasioned by the pandemic.

Mumtaz1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mumtaz1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:26 pm

Thanks for your reply AmazonianX.

I am hoping that is case however i have heard many times how reluctant the HO is to give refunds so to receive one without asking has made me feel very unsure. It could be that my MP has asked on my behalf as he also contacted the HO early July. I will email and check with him.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 pm

Mumtaz1 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:26 pm
i have heard many times how reluctant the HO is to give refunds so to receive one without asking has made me feel very unsure.
Automatic refunds where the caseworker couldn't make the decision within the stipulated timeframe gets offered so often even without any reminder.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mumtaz1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mumtaz1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:07 pm

Thanks seagul!

Mumtaz1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mumtaz1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:52 am

Just an update for anyone who has had a similar experience we have had my husbands passport returned today and alhamdulillah his visa has been granted!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:06 pm

Mumtaz1 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:52 am
Just an update for anyone who has had a similar experience we have had my husbands passport returned today and alhamdulillah his visa has been granted!
Congratulations Mumtaz....and the unexpected refund had no negative impact on your application.