ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by klownking » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:19 pm

Hi Guys, I have just applied 5 minutes ago Tier 2 to ILR Set (O). I have no idea what the hell is going to happen but will keep you posting. I will upload my consent form tomorrow.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:20 pm

It would be nice to see the trend of how many people have opted out.. For some reason, i always felt that whenever there are queues
like at the airport for check in or immigration and there are multiple ones to choose from i often end up being in the slowest one :) Don't know how many people felt the same.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:24 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:10 pm
Guys, I'm a july applicant and I am selected for biometric reuse - I got informed just now that I can opt out and book an appt next week like everyone else.
What is the opt out date deadline?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:27 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:24 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Guys, I'm a july applicant and I am selected for biometric reuse - I got informed just now that I can opt out and book an appt next week like everyone else.
It says to opt out before 5pm on 10th of Aug. For anyone wondering, yes I have opted out. I will pay whatever fleecing amount to book an appt for next week or the week after. Also there will be new service points opening next week and the week after so I'm fairly confident

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:29 pm

I don't know what opt out means but if you referring to the biometrics date deadline then it was sometime in October I was rushing to UKVCAS appointment even though I knew I won't be able to book an appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:29 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:27 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
AnILRApplicant wrote:
It says to opt out before 5pm on 10th of Aug.
For up to June applicants in reuse pool deadline is Friday, 7th Aug.

Its confirmed now, July applicants have been sent emails now even without an official update by UKVCAS. A member also posted in BC biometrics group to receive a reuse email and he applied in July also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:29 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:27 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
AnILRApplicant wrote:
It says to opt out before 5pm on 10th of Aug.
For June deadline is Friday, 7th Aug.

Its confirmed now, July applicants have been sent emails now even without an official update by UKVCAS. A member also posted in BC biometrics group to receive a reuse email and he applied in July also.
Dude, after reading this thread I will not go for reuse option because it seems like it is not worth it. I will book an appointment whatever it takes. If we can pay £2408 for the ILR fees then we shouldn't mind paying another £100 or so to make the process a bit faster.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:48 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:09 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:35 pm
@ajitu92

Yes there is no certainty when the IDV app will be rolled out. But, I believe, the processing of the application AFTER the biometrics is sent (via UKVCAS appointment OR IDV app) will result in the same pace decisions. Obviously there is no evidence for now unless the IDV app is rolled out, but I do not see any reason why UKVI will do faster processing for those whose biometrics came via UKVCAS VS IDV app.
I agree. The only sticking point would be how many opt out of re-use vs stay on for the biometric reuse. My guess would be if they have indeed processed applications in the background and made interim decisions for ALL applications - what you say will stand true. If they have only processed and made interim decisions on applications that are not eligible for biometric re-use, we may see longer lead times on decisions than what we are currently seeing after biometric appointments are submitted.

On the IDV app, I don't see why it is taking them so long apart from intentionally delaying to clear backlogs and earn some extra monies through people who will opt out. That, and maybe the approval process on the Apple & Google side of things. The reason I say this, is that the Home Office have been using this technology for over a year now, to verify facial images as well as biometrics (BRP/passport NFC scanning) and supporting documentation for processing the EU Settlement Scheme applications (for which essentially Settled Status = ILR). And I have also seen and heard results and decisions for those applications being made fairly quickly as well (approx 3 weeks). So they have the technology and the know-how, so it's not a built from scratch system called "IDV app" at all in my opinion. It will end up being a somewhat re-labelled version of the existing app, which doesn't take as long as they are taking.
From the perspective of making money it doesn't make sense for them to close down opting out option after 7.08. I bet they will add it again next week.

Vallex
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Vallex » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:53 pm

Got the IDV app email today as well - applied 3rd July from Tier 4 to Tier 2.

I decide to not opt-out because my lawyer applied from my employer's behalf and I don't think they are authorized to take paid appointments.

They said that the next free appointments available are from next month, but if more people choose to opt out then this probably will no longer be the case.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:53 pm

klownking wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:19 pm
Hi Guys, I have just applied 5 minutes ago Tier 2 to ILR Set (O). I have no idea what the hell is going to happen but will keep you posting. I will upload my consent form tomorrow.
I think you will soon get an invite for biometrics appointment. If you see the Time Line thread you will know, Tier 2 applicants are the ones who are getting faster results. If UKVI don’t find anything complicated in the application, they send biometrics appointment invitation straight away. All the best.

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:58 pm

one thing i try to understand in timeline thread is set o wit dependents not faster like single main application-not sure how far my analysis is accurate?
Many Thanks .

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:02 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:58 pm
one thing i try to understand in timeline thread is set o wit dependents not faster like single main application-not sure how far my analysis is accurate?
not accurate at all.
I am individual and set o. June

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:04 pm

Iam mentioning decision after BIO , When do u give biometric?or reuse- category?
Many Thanks .

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:05 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:04 pm
Iam mentioning decision after BIO , When do u give biometric?or reuse- category?
My mistake.
I’m reuse

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:53 pm
klownking wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:19 pm
I think you will soon get an invite for biometrics appointment. If you see the Time Line thread you will know, Tier 2 applicants are the ones who are getting faster results. If UKVI don’t find anything complicated in the application, they send biometrics appointment invitation straight away. All the best.
I hope so dude. I will update all of you soon.

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:20 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Hi, When in July did you apply? and when did you get selected for biometric reuse? Thanks

JULY APPLICANT
Newly Registered
India

Post by JULY APPLICANT » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:27 pm

Hello All,
I've been following this forum for the past couple of months. I applied on July 2nd and today I received the biometric reuse email.
:roll:

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:30 pm

BloodofGod123 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:20 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Hi, When in July did you apply? and when did you get selected for biometric reuse? Thanks
2nd of July. I didnt get an original reuse selection email. Just this one

katyana
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katyana » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:45 pm

Still no email from UKVCAS re biometric reuse or appointment, applied 10th Jul ILR SET(O).
Could I ask - has anyone who got an email from Jul applicants NOT uploaded & submitted documents on UKVCAS yet? Just trying to see if this makes any difference.

kkkkc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kkkkc » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:55 pm

katyana wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:45 pm
Still no email from UKVCAS re biometric reuse or appointment, applied 10th Jul ILR SET(O).
Could I ask - has anyone who got an email from Jul applicants NOT uploaded & submitted documents on UKVCAS yet? Just trying to see if this makes any difference.
I applied on the 23rd and haven't submitted docs on UKVCAS. I received the reuse email about 1h ago. I feel like all July applicants should receive the reuse email by tomorrow, if they can't see any available appointments.

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:08 pm

I applied set (o) from tier 2 on July 27th and I got the biometric reuse email 20 minutes ago, with the opt out deadline by the 10th. I had my biometrics taken last year so did expect it but it still sucks :( I think I will opt out.

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:13 pm

whdkfk wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:08 pm
I applied set (o) from tier 2 on July 27th and I got the biometric reuse email 20 minutes ago, with the opt out deadline by the 10th. I had my biometrics taken last year so did expect it but it still sucks :( I think I will opt out.
Did you receive the email from caseworker to send the docs, yet?

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:16 pm

hi, i applied for ilr set (m) on the 5th of July but i have not received any email from ukvcas.

javy0071
Pakistan

Post by javy0071 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:17 pm

Just received an email of biometric re-use.

Do we have evidence that opting out will be quicker? I was thinking to use the new service as do not want to cause delays by opting out and changing the process.

I applied for ILR Set O - PBS dependant on 27th July.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:18 pm

Fivem wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:16 pm
hi, i applied for ilr set (m) on the 5th of July but i have not received any email from ukvcas.
Emails come in a span of 2-3 days. You shall receive soon.