ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre settled status - Relationship with EU citizen ending in divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

colonel_sanders
Newly Registered

Pre settled status - Relationship with EU citizen ending in divorce

Post by colonel_sanders » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 pm

Hello,

Thank you in advance for your help.

My partner is an EU citizen exercising her treaty rights in the UK and was granted pre-settled status in 2019.

I am New Zealand citizen & UK resident and was granted pre-settled status with a biometric residence card. We have been married and living in the UK for just over 4 years.

Unfortunately our relationship has dissolved and my partner would like to divorce. My partner will move away from the UK. I understand I must notify the Home Office of the divorce once it is finalised. What are my options to be able retain my residency in the UK?

Thanks,
C_S

Kmoney1
United Kingdom

Re: Pre settled status - Relationship with EU citizen ending in divorce

Post by Kmoney1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:04 am

Yes you can continue living in uk based on your right with 3years of marriage eligibility and 1year of stayed in uk.

colonel_sanders
Newly Registered

Re: Pre settled status - Relationship with EU citizen ending in divorce

Post by colonel_sanders » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:17 am

Thanks for the information Kmoney1.

Do you know where I can find more information about these rights and marriage eligibility?