ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10y Partner route - Financial requirement. Redundancy

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vaidy
Newly Registered
India

10y Partner route - Financial requirement. Redundancy

Post by vaidy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:43 am

Hello

I am currently on a 10y Partner route. More history here. My current visa expires in December and I had planned to apply for an extension towards the end of November. I do not work and we were planning on using my husbands income and 6-months payslips.

However, my husband has learned that they are going to be making his division redundant in November. He will get paid until end of November. We do not have sufficient savings (£16k + £18.6k) in the bank for 6 months.

What are my options here? I will have 6 months payslips and potentially a letter from the employer, but I am not sure if I can use it.

Or should I switch to a 5-year partner route now? I have 2.5 years left to complete under the 10y route.

Thank you all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10y Partner route - Financial requirement. Redundancy

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:54 am

FLR(FP) 10 year partner route does NOT have a financial requirement.

If you choose to switch to FLR(M) 5 year route, you must meet the financial requirement at the time of application and it must be ongoing employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:58 am

vaidy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:43 am

Or should I switch to a 5-year partner route now? I have 2.5 years left to complete under the 10y route.

Thank you all.
Better to renew under 10 years of route because changing to FLRM will reset your ILR clock which still won't deprive you of from ILR under 10 years of long residence route. Preferably don't supply payslips or any financial documentation so that they might not issue you FLRM in haste/error.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vaidy
Newly Registered
India

Post by vaidy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:07 pm

Thank you Seagul and CR001.

I filled in the online appplication form (as a mock exercise) and the finance section shows

Code: Select all

You must be able to show that the financial requirement for this route is met.
Your annual financial requirement is :
£ 18,600.00

Will you be able to prove that the financial requirement is met? (Required)
I can select "No" and it does let me proceed and asks a bunch of questions around income, house ownership, maintenance, etc.

However, I'm wondering why it says "I must be able to show financial requirement for this route is met" :?