ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my WP become invalid if i switch to Tier 1?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T1enigma
Newly Registered

Will my WP become invalid if i switch to Tier 1?

Post by T1enigma » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:36 am

If i switch my visa status from WP to Tier 1,
a)will my existing WP become invalid?
b)will my wife's dependant visa (on WP) become invalid?

gallic1010
Newly Registered

Post by gallic1010 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:37 pm

yes

pjk
Newly Registered

Re: Will my WP become invalid if i switch to Tier 1?

Post by pjk » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:28 pm

T1enigma wrote:If i switch my visa status from WP to Tier 1,
a)will my existing WP become invalid?
b)will my wife's dependant visa (on WP) become invalid?

Yourself and your wife will become Tier1 (Tier1 Dependant) visa holders once approved and this will supersede your existing WP. I have rexcently got mine transfered from WP. Any questions, please ask...

cooldude143

Post by cooldude143 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi
I am planning to switch from WP to Tier-1.My WP sponsored my an indian company and now i am in deputation.
I would like to switch to Tier-1 without informaing to them and also planning to continue in the same company till i get other employment.
Can you please advice will my WP employer will know if i switch to Tier-1

Cheers

cooldude143

Post by cooldude143 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Guys, anyone who switched from WP to Tier-1 pls comment

mlk007
Newly Registered

Travel back to UK

Post by mlk007 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:23 am

I am in the UK on WP and I have another 4.5 years on it. But I want to apply for Tier-1. My family who have valid dependent visa for another 4.5 years is back in India while I am applying for my Tier-1. I understand that my WP visa will get canceled if they approve my Tier-1 application.

Since I am not sending my dependents passport along with my Tier-1 application, will that get canceled. Can they travel back to the UK on the old visa before I apply for a new one here?

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:31 am

Your company will not know the switch unless

1. Verification happens with your company during Tier-1 by HO (its optional)
2. You have sent your passport or its copy after getting Tier-1 Visa

If your WP is getting over then your company might have the list of people who need extension and request you to do so. Then you might need to be ready with your answer else according to them your are a illegal worker and they need to answer HO. I would say option is to tell them you have Tier-1 when they ask.

If you have less time for WP extension then search for a job straighaway so that you have option to switch if your existing company ask you to go back immediately.

Also on other question, any spouse and children to get Tier-1 dependent should have applied Tier-1 dependant application forms but one thing I am not sure is what happens if Main aplicant got the Tier-1 visa and spouce and kid have not applied for Tier-1 dependant visa and their passport still shows dependant WP visa.

cooldude143 wrote:Hi
I am planning to switch from WP to Tier-1.My WP sponsored my an indian company and now i am in deputation.
I would like to switch to Tier-1 without informaing to them and also planning to continue in the same company till i get other employment.
Can you please advice will my WP employer will know if i switch to Tier-1

Cheers

cooldude143

Post by cooldude143 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:04 pm

Thambi thanks for your clarification..I have my HSMP letter with me, will your answer change now?

Thanks

psinuk
Newly Registered

HSMP tier 1

Post by psinuk » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:01 am

Hello,
My situation is somewhat similar.
Currently i am on WP in UK which is a deputation from an indian company.My client has decided to send me back.
I am planning to apply for Tier 1 as i want to continue in UK.I have written an aggrement of not changing the visa status or quit while in uk to my indian company.
1>Will my company in india know if i apply for Tier 1.
2>I need to show the payslips of UK salary i took. How should i get it attested from my indian company?
Please help me
thanks
psinuk

cooldude143

Post by cooldude143 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi psinuk
Even i am not sure whether the employer will come to know about the visa.But as far as I know, the company will not know unless and until the BO checked with the company during verification.
Regarding payslips, its you need to negotiate with HR to get it done.

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:35 pm

Congrats but why should my answer change. In 2-3 weeks you will know if your employer is taking any steps, if you are in a key role then they will want to retain you but you need to plan for future if you need to stay in UK hence start searching for a job, if you get a good one then jump till then stay where you are. In the worst case if you have to go back you will get atleast 2-4 weeks time to leave, use it effectively.

Regarding signed agreement, pls check/consult with a solicitor, if the agreement is valid. Hope you have copy of agreement. Sometimes this kind of agreements are not valid as its your right to get HSMP/Tier-1. If agreement states you have to go back to India then go back to India & resign, you can always do it right.
cooldude143 wrote:Thambi thanks for your clarification..I have my HSMP letter with me, will your answer change now?

Thanks

cooldude143

Post by cooldude143 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:28 am

Thambi,
Thanks for the helpful details.