ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Coco321
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Coco321 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:19 pm

Ptnbbr wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:12 pm
Coco321 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:19 am
Funny to see people who applied in July asking when they will be able to book appointment when people who applied end of march still stuck and left behind!!
yep, waiting from the beginning of Apr...

May I ask if you are in the re-use group and if you decided to wait or opt-out? I believe appointment is the way to make money for them, so 97% sure there will be lots of them for people who opt-out, and they will most likely be expensive 8) I think it is a quicker way...
I opt out
The funny thing is people who applied after us in july have booked appointments already!! Absolutely joke

ranianus
Newly Registered

Post by ranianus » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:23 pm

I applied with my husband through the tier 1 entrepreneur to ILR set(0) Category on June 8th and we received the reuse biometric email today only,through our solicitors . We have chosen to opt out however as it seems that booking a biometric appointment will yield faster decisions; of course in the end, who knows!

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Coco321 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:19 pm
Ptnbbr wrote:
Coco321 wrote:
Funny to see people who applied in July asking when they will be able to book appointment when people who applied end of march still stuck and left behind!!

May I ask if you are in the re-use group and if you decided to wait or opt-out? I believe appointment is the way to make money for them, so 97% sure there will be lots of them for people who opt-out, and they will most likely be expensive 8) I think it is a quicker way...
I opt out
The funny thing is people who applied after us in july have booked appointments already!! Absolutely joke
Same here, such a waste of time and absolutely not fare, applied in April

lucifer10896
Newly Registered
India

Post by lucifer10896 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:42 pm

Ptnbbr wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:34 pm
Coco321 wrote:
Ptnbbr wrote:
Coco321 wrote:

I opt out
can it be the case that priority is given based on what type of visa u applied?

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:45 pm

Carrington1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:33 am
this is just so unfair.. i just cant believe they are doing this to march and april applicants.

applied online - April 1

received "eligible for biometrics reuse" email on July 4.
clicked submit documents button on July 13 :(
received IDV app eligibility on August 3
saying "wait for few weeks"

i have applied on April yet i have seen June applicants receiving approval email.
I feel your pain. I am in the same boat as you. Applied in May and still stuck in their "few weeks" matrix. Don't get me wrong I am happy for the applicants that applied in June and have received their decision already, BUT it is so unfair for Mar/April/May applicants. They've literally punished us by putting us in the re-use category without our consent. (Whatever happened to their claim they made before about considering applications submitted from the earliest date to most recent) Unfair Management and an absolute joke of a system!

CanT
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by CanT » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:50 pm

Pinkychihiro wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:19 am
ap1410 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:04 am
Very useful . By any chance did you get to glance at availability in Cryodon and if any slots available next week and the price ? Will be very helpful
Hi, the earliest slot in Croydon is 26 Aug, cost £110.
Hi Pinkychihiro,

You now have the super power of seeing the available slots and you can save many lives!
Could you please use this super power to let people know when is the next availability (free or paid) for various locations in and around London (Hemel Hampstead etc.)? I believe many of us are trying to make a decision between opt-in or out of the IDV app and would be happy to drive even to Birmingham for an early appointment.

Many thanks in advance!

lucifer10896
Newly Registered
India

Post by lucifer10896 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:58 pm

Whizart wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:45 pm
Carrington1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:33 am
this is just so unfair.. i just cant believe they are doing this to march and april applicants.

applied online - April 1

received "eligible for biometrics reuse" email on July 4.
clicked submit documents button on July 13 :(
received IDV app eligibility on August 3
saying "wait for few weeks"

i have applied on April yet i have seen June applicants receiving approval email.
I feel your pain. I am in the same boat as you. Applied in May and still stuck in their "few weeks" matrix. Don't get me wrong I am happy for the applicants that applied in June and have received their decision already, BUT it is so unfair for Mar/April/May applicants. They've literally punished us by putting us in the re-use category without our consent. (Whatever happened to their claim they made before about considering applications submitted from the earliest date to most recent) Unfair Management and an absolute joke of a system!
what i am getting is the applicants who applied in April -May ,are they forced to go with bio metric reuse option automatically?
The mail u got didn't gave you choice OPT OUT?

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:01 pm

lucifer10896 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:42 pm
Ptnbbr wrote:
Coco321 wrote:
Ptnbbr wrote:

I opt out
can it be the case that priority is given based on what type of visa u applied?
set O, tier2gen as many others. It looks like those people from the same category who applied in March/April/May/June and received links to book appointment were the lucky one, and the re-use called "acceleration" is just a bizarre delay, without any explanation :roll:

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Barry465 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:36 am
I also received the email last night saying I am eligible for re use and around the app. One thing I've not done yet is upload my documents to UKVCAS and the email I received states the following 'This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI will involve you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device. '

So I take it on the new app, we will be uploading documents via this and also the photo. So is it not worth uploading the documents to UKVCAS now or just waiting until the app comes out?
hello good question

do we need to submit BOTH onto the UKVCAS portal and the new IDV app?

londonuk9
England

Post by londonuk9 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Hello all
I applied on ILR(M) on base of 5 years Brtish dependednt route.
I got invitation to use UKVCAS IDV app which I am not sure how does work.
Do I need to upload all documents on UKVCAS IDV app or can I still upload Sopra steria UKVCAS website as i alreday upload( not submited) documents ?
Please suggest your idea.
Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:08 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:02 pm
Barry465 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:36 am
I also received the email last night saying I am eligible for re use and around the app. One thing I've not done yet is upload my documents to UKVCAS and the email I received states the following 'This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI will involve you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device. '

So I take it on the new app, we will be uploading documents via this and also the photo. So is it not worth uploading the documents to UKVCAS now or just waiting until the app comes out?
hello good question

do we need to submit BOTH onto the UKVCAS portal and the new IDV app?
It is still unclear how the IDV app will function and what will be asked to upload. However, you can not loose anything if you submit on both UKVCAS portal and IDV app (if needed). The best approach would be to submit on UKVCAS portal for now.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:09 pm

londonuk9 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:07 pm
Hello all
I applied on ILR(M) on base of 5 years Brtish dependednt route.
I got invitation to use UKVCAS IDV app which I am not sure how does work.
Do I need to upload all documents on UKVCAS IDV app or can I still upload Sopra steria UKVCAS website as i alreday upload( not submited) documents ?
Please suggest your idea.
Thank you.
Refer to my previous post.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:12 pm

When everyone uploading their employment letter after the application, did HR use his/her e-signature or wet signed the letter? Mine is e-signature cos everyone is working from home atm.

Pinkychihiro
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Post by Pinkychihiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:19 pm

CanT wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:50 pm
Pinkychihiro wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:19 am
ap1410 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:04 am
Very useful . By any chance did you get to glance at availability in Cryodon and if any slots available next week and the price ? Will be very helpful
Hi, the earliest slot in Croydon is 26 Aug, cost £110.
Hi Pinkychihiro,

You now have the super power of seeing the available slots and you can save many lives!
Could you please use this super power to let people know when is the next availability (free or paid) for various locations in and around London (Hemel Hampstead etc.)? I believe many of us are trying to make a decision between opt-in or out of the IDV app and would be happy to drive even to Birmingham for an early appointment.

Many thanks in advance!
Hi sorry I don’t have the super power anymore because I booked an appointment already. I will have to cancel it to check other availabilities. As far as I can remember, there are some slots in London starting from 18th.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:29 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:12 pm
When everyone uploading their employment letter after the application, did HR use his/her e-signature or wet signed the letter? Mine is e-signature cos everyone is working from home atm.
E-signature should be fine. Personally, I have asked my boss to signed it personally and removed the e-signature. I have also asked him to signed the payslip because we get online.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:33 pm

klownking wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:29 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
E-signature should be fine. Personally, I have asked my boss to signed it personally and removed the e-signature. I have also asked him to signed the payslip because we get online.
Thank you :) Hmm I’m not sure how I can ask my HR to sign these documents as all of them are working from home

Shadyoakedive
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Shadyoakedive » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:37 pm

Does anyone know what happens if you continue to upload docs after you click submit on the UKVCAS portal? Will they be added to your application after the biometrics appt (or IDV app equivalent)?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Shadyoakedive wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:37 pm
Does anyone know what happens if you continue to upload docs after you click submit on the UKVCAS portal? Will they be added to your application after the biometrics appt (or IDV app equivalent)?
You will be able to add more documents at your UKVCAS appointment (if you are chosen to attend). Its still unclear how the IDV app will function till it rolls out.

SUMMER92
Newly Registered
China

Post by SUMMER92 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:43 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:33 pm
klownking wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
Thank you :) Hmm I’m not sure how I can ask my HR to sign these documents as all of them are working from home
E-signature is fine, so are the online payslips, my HR confirmed in my employment letter that the online payslips I provided are authentic, and as a business we don’t do paper payslips. I have received approval on my application from Home office already, so No issues or whatsoever without wet signatures. Hope this helps.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:47 pm

SUMMER92 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:43 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
klownking wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
Very helpful, thanks so much :)

E-signature is fine, so are the online payslips, my HR confirmed in my employment letter that the online payslips I provided are authentic, and as a business we don’t do paper payslips. I have received approval on my application from Home office already, so No issues or whatsoever without wet signatures. Hope this helps.

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:57 pm

SUMMER92 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:43 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
klownking wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
E-sign should be ok ,few of my colleagues got ILR already last months (june /july) with online payslip
Many Thanks .

Shadyoakedive
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Shadyoakedive » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:00 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:39 pm
Shadyoakedive wrote:
You will be able to add more documents at your UKVCAS appointment (if you are chosen to attend). Its still unclear how the IDV app will function till it rolls out.
Do you know how it happens? Do i need to physically bring it to them?

I am aware that they offer scanning services at their enhanced centers (for £50) so is this that or something else?

And as far as you are aware, does uploading stuff after submitting do nothing?

Thanks

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:39 pm
Shadyoakedive wrote:
What's the difference between scanning further documents at the centre, or uploading further documents yourself? Surely they would both be "pushed through" to UKVI at the end of your appointment.

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:05 pm

Ptnbbr wrote:
Coco321 wrote:
Ptnbbr wrote:
Coco321 wrote:

I opt out
Im so angry I applied for ilr based in 5 years rout and stuck by the idiots who said reuse fingerprint when its not even ready yet to use then let whatever applied in june get appointment and decision already!!!

usernameswan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by usernameswan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:07 pm

Coco321 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:05 pm
Ptnbbr wrote:
Coco321 wrote:
Ptnbbr wrote:

I opt out
Im so angry I applied for ilr based in 5 years rout and stuck by the idiots who said reuse fingerprint when its not even ready yet to use then let whatever applied in june get appointment and decision already!!!
Same here, applied in May...