ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing surname BRP card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taddo12

Changing surname BRP card

Post by taddo12 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:35 pm

My wife is currently living with me in the UK under a spouse visa. When she originally applied her passport still had her maiden name, but since she had to renew her passport she has updated her surname to match mine. I understand that she now needs to update her BRP card with her new surname and have gone through the relevant steps on the UK gov website (and paid the £180).

For some reason none of the UKVAS centres allow us to book appointments online, all appear to be unavailable, despite claiming that they're open. Is there any alternative option such as uploading the documents online instead?

Thanks very much

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Changing surname BRP card

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:24 pm

taddo12 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:35 pm

For some reason none of the UKVAS centres allow us to book appointments online, all appear to be unavailable, despite claiming that they're open. Is there any alternative option such as uploading the documents online instead?

Thanks very much
Apart of keep delving the date of appointment also be prepared to receive the email from UKVI/UKVCAS for further instructions either allow to reuse your biometrics or offer you appointment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

taddo12

Post by taddo12 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:16 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:24 pm
taddo12 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:35 pm

Thanks very much
Apart of keep delving the date of appointment also be prepared to receive the email from UKVI/UKVCAS for further instructions either allow to reuse your biometrics or offer you appointment.
Thanks for this, no appointments available online via any centre in the UK for the next month, we tried calling up today but were placed in a queue of 61+ people... I imagine there's a backlog due to covid but the uk gov website states that we have to inform of her change of name within a certain period, I assume there's some leniency here?

As for receiving an email about use of exiting biometrics, do you think this will come automatically?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:27 pm

taddo12 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:16 pm
website states that we have to inform of her change of name within a certain period, I assume there's some leniency here?
Usually it has to be done within three months but given the present ambience of backlogs it won't be tangibly enforced
taddo12 wrote:
As for receiving an email about use of exiting biometrics, do you think this will come automatically?
Most often these usually arrive automatically regarding which you can learn in different forums and also keep checking your email spam/trash folder too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

taddo12

Post by taddo12 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:13 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:27 pm
taddo12 wrote:
website states that we have to inform of her change of name within a certain period, I assume there's some leniency here?
Usually it has to be done within three months but given the present ambience of backlogs it won't be tangibly enforced
taddo12 wrote:
Most often these usually arrive automatically regarding which you can learn in different forums and also keep checking your email spam/trash folder too.
Thanks for this, is it worth trying to get an appointment still or do you recommend just waiting for this email?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:16 pm

taddo12 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:13 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:27 pm
taddo12 wrote:
taddo12 wrote:
Thanks for this, is it worth trying to get an appointment still or do you recommend just waiting for this email?
Rely on both whilst keep an eye on different pertinent websites too:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal

https://www.gov.uk/ukvcas

https://www.gov.uk/government/latest?de ... mmigration