ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of application super priority

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sminx12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration advisor for ILR

Post by Sminx12 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:44 pm

Thank you so much - I appreciate all your help

Sminx12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Date of application super priority

Post by Sminx12 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:41 pm

7th Aug is the earliest I can apply for ILr( 28 days before the full 5 years continuous residence). I understand that super priority service is suspended at the moment but I am just curious in case it is resumed how can I make the application on the exact date, if no booking is available for that date? Do I just submit my application and pay online on that particular day and that would be considered my date of application but then whatever is the earliest appointment available I book that? I am curious because some documents can’t be older than one month prior the application date so will HO still consider them valid if they fall within the range on the date I submit my online application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration advisor for ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:58 pm
Topics merged!! Please keep all your questions on the same application in one topic!!
Again, really!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Date of application super priority

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:45 pm

Sminx12 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:41 pm
7th Aug is the earliest I can apply for ILr( 28 days before the full 5 years continuous residence). I understand that super priority service is suspended at the moment but I am just curious in case it is resumed how can I make the application on the exact date, if no booking is available for that date? Do I just submit my application and pay online on that particular day and that would be considered my date of application but then whatever is the earliest appointment available I book that? I am curious because some documents can’t be older than one month prior the application date so will HO still consider them valid if they fall within the range on the date I submit my online application.
Super priority service has nothing to do with UKCVAS biomteric appointment. It is UKVI service, when available.

Date of application relevant to your supporting documents is the date you submit and pay online. Your biomteric appointment date is irrelevant to this. Note also it is not older than 28 days for the most recent documents, not a month.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sminx12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Rights of access of other parent

Post by Sminx12 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:14 pm

I am filling the application form for my children’s ILR and after the questions who has the responsibility for your upbringing and who do you live with, there is a question if the other parents has legal rights of access (in explanation it says to visit the child). I understand that even in the court order of sole custody and guardianship it is mentioned that the father’s visiting rights won’t be nullified. So how does this go when I am applying for their visa based on sole responsibility.

p.s . I am trying to keep the questions under one thread but how do I change the subject as it is a different topic.
Thankyou

Sminx12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Right if access other parent

Post by Sminx12 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:41 pm

I haven’t seen any replies to my question about the rights of access by the other parent when applying using sole responsibility. If anyone has experience or advice please suggest - thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Rights of access of other parent

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:50 pm

Sminx12 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:14 pm
I am filling the application form for my children’s ILR and after the questions who has the responsibility for your upbringing and who do you live with, there is a question if the other parents has legal rights of access (in explanation it says to visit the child). I understand that even in the court order of sole custody and guardianship it is mentioned that the father’s visiting rights won’t be nullified. So how does this go when I am applying for their visa based on sole responsibility.

p.s . I am trying to keep the questions under one thread but how do I change the subject as it is a different topic.
Thankyou
Sole responsibility has specific tests under the rules.
Go read on this is the official guide under Sole parental responsibility: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sminx12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sminx12 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:21 pm

Thank you Zimba

Sminx12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Date of application

Post by Sminx12 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:16 am

My earliest application date (28 days prior to eligibility of 5 years) is 7th August 2020 I.e., today. I am counting from my entry in U.K. on 4th Sept 2015. My question is technically can I apply at 1 AM or 2 AM on 7th August and it would be the correct Calender date right ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Date of application

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:31 am

Sminx12 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:16 am
My earliest application date (28 days prior to eligibility of 5 years) is 7th August 2020 I.e., today. I am counting from my entry in U.K. on 4th Sept 2015. My question is technically can I apply at 1 AM or 2 AM on 7th August and it would be the correct Calender date right ?
You should count from the date of initial visa approval
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sminx12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sminx12 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:06 am

The reason I am using date of entry instead of date of visa is because I had long breaks in residency and before 4th sept 2015 it was longer than 180 days so HO guidance says I should count from entry which resulted in continuous residence. Otherwise my first visa issuance was Dec 2010 but due to breaks in continuous residence before 4th sept 2015, I am only applying now after 5 years of fulfilling the continuous residence

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Sminx12 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:06 am
The reason I am using date of entry instead of date of visa is because I had long breaks in residency and before 4th sept 2015 it was longer than 180 days so HO guidance says I should count from entry which resulted in continuous residence. Otherwise my first visa issuance was Dec 2010 but due to breaks in continuous residence before 4th sept 2015, I am only applying now after 5 years of fulfilling the continuous residence
Then any date can be used. It does not have to be an entry date

Sminx12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Consent form

Post by Sminx12 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:14 pm

I am applying as primary ILR applicant and my sons ages 17 and 11 are dependents. I am providing one bank statement for my son (Young person's account) as he is over 16 to verify address as required. Other documents are from children's school etc. My question is that do I only sign Part 1 of this consent form (provided to sign and upload with application) or also Part 3 for my son's application. Should my 16 year old son also sign Part 1 or Part 2
(we don't have any joint account but the form says joint information also).

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Consent form

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:43 pm

Sminx12 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:14 pm
I am applying as primary ILR applicant and my sons ages 17 and 11 are dependents. I am providing one bank statement for my son (Young person's account) as he is over 16 to verify address as required. Other documents are from children's school etc. My question is that do I only sign Part 1 of this consent form (provided to sign and upload with application) or also Part 3 for my son's application. Should my 16 year old son also sign Part 1 or Part 2
(we don't have any joint account but the form says joint information also).
Just part 1

Sminx12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

IDV app document upload -sequence on laptop

Post by Sminx12 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:55 pm

I had uploaded all documents on my laptop on UKVCAS. When I got invited to use UKVI app, the documents are all seen there but the sequence is opposite. So I dowloaded such as the most important or first to be read document should be on top in laptop upload, but now on UKVI app the order is reverse. I do not want to risk going through all uploads again on the phone. But I wanted to present the documents in a sequence, which is reverse now. what should i do?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:05 pm

It makes no difference which sequence the documents are as long as they are all uploaded. UKVI know the rules and what to look for, you don't have to spoon feed them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sminx12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Update on my application

Post by Sminx12 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:49 am

I got 3 emails (myself and both kids) on 20th Nov 2020 that ''your ILR application has been successful and BRPs will be sent in 7 days''. very relieved and grateful and wanted to share the update on this forum. application date was 7th Aug- IDV app email came on 4th sept and pics on IDV submitted on 8th Sept.
yesterday i got emails for two of us (myself and younger son) about BRP Courier update from FedEx- not for my elder son- could that be an issue?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Update on my application

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:35 am

Sminx12 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:49 am
I got 3 emails (myself and both kids) on 20th Nov 2020 that ''your ILR application has been successful and BRPs will be sent in 7 days''. very relieved and grateful and wanted to share the update on this forum. application date was 7th Aug- IDV app email came on 4th sept and pics on IDV submitted on 8th Sept.
yesterday i got emails for two of us (myself and younger son) about BRP Courier update from FedEx- not for my elder son- could that be an issue?
Shouldn't be any issue because on many occasions the notifications & dispatching of BRP cards are being made under staggered pattern. Also possible that you may receive all three together.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.