ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KSrocks
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 dependent visa query

Post by KSrocks » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:56 am

I have dependent visa extension till start of 2023, which was done in start of 2020. so till 2020 I completed 3 years in UK and will be eligible for ILR in 2022 as per requirements by UK immigation. but i flew to home country to visit my relatives 5 months back and now stuck here. so my question is, do my visa will be invalid if I overstays outside UK for continuous 6 months period in a year with this pandemic situation? Also will i be ineligible for ILR in year 2022? Please guide me asap.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa query

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:27 am

so my question is, do my visa will be invalid if I overstays outside UK for continuous 6 months period in a year with this pandemic situation?
Your visa remains valid.
Also will i be ineligible for ILR in year 2022?
If you have an absence of more than 180 days, then you will not be eligible for ILR. There has been no relaxation of this absence limit rule for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KSrocks
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by KSrocks » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:28 am

Thank you for your prompt reply. :)

ryno
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by ryno » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:41 am

Hey KSrocks,
I do not agree with CR001 on this.

See page 13 on this document on calculating continuous leave: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

Quoting from the document:
On 11 January 2018 the Immigration Rules were amended to discount any absences
from the UK from counting towards the 180 day limit, where the absence was due to
the applicant assisting with a national or international economic or humanitarian
crisis, such as the Ebola crisis which began in West Africa in 2014.
This covers all Tier 1, Tier 2 and Appendix W applicants. ILR applicants should
provide evidence from their sponsor (if applicable), employer or similar organisation
to confirm that the absence was related to a crisis.
I am sure that if Ebola counted as an international economic / humanitarian crisis, the same will hold for COVID-19.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:02 am

ryno wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:41 am
Hey KSrocks,
I do not agree with CR001 on this.

See page 13 on this document on calculating continuous leave: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

Quoting from the document:
On 11 January 2018 the Immigration Rules were amended to discount any absences
from the UK from counting towards the 180 day limit, where the absence was due to
the applicant assisting with a national or international economic or humanitarian
crisis,
such as the Ebola crisis which began in West Africa in 2014.
This covers all Tier 1, Tier 2 and Appendix W applicants. ILR applicants should
provide evidence from their sponsor (if applicable), employer or similar organisation
to confirm that the absence was related to a crisis.
I am sure that if Ebola counted as an international economic / humanitarian crisis, the same will hold for COVID-19.
The piece you quote clearly states 'if the applicant was ASSISTING with......' through the employer or similar organisations, which is not the same as being in home country absence to visit relatives!! A tier 2 dependent also is not a employer sponsored migrant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cindy666
Newly Registered
China

Post by Cindy666 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi,
I hold Tier 2 working visa and my son holds Tier 2 dependant visa.
I am now eligible to apply ILR. Can please I ask if my son can still apply ILR dependant visa? If so, how long is the ILR dependant visa?

Thanks
Cindy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:01 pm

Cindy666 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:06 pm
Hi,
I hold Tier 2 working visa and my son holds Tier 2 dependant visa.
I am now eligible to apply ILR. Can please I ask if my son can still apply ILR dependant visa? If so, how long is the ILR dependant visa?

Thanks
Cindy
1. Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics!!! Start your own topic please!!

2. You were already advised last year that he can apply for a tier 2 dependent visa extension. The advice doesn't change.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1852802
Char (CR001 not Casa)