ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year route ILR - date first entered the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarabaksa
Newly Registered
Korea South

10 year route ILR - date first entered the UK

Post by sarabaksa » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:07 pm

Dear Experts,

I am applying for 10 year route Long residence ILR and I am not sure what my first date at UK should be.

I first entered the UK on the 14th January 2010 on Tier 4 child visa. However, by 14th January 2020, I went over 540 days limit because I was outside during school holidays etc.

So, I looked at the next entry date to UK and it was 31st August 2010 (on the same Tier 4 child visa, I went home during summer holiday and came back for school). And if I count the days outside UK from 31st August 2010, I am within the 540 days limit.

So the question is:
Can I put 31st August 2010 as when I first entered the UK for this application? And say that I have lived in the UK for 9 years and 11 months?

Thank you so much!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 year route ILR - date first entered the UK

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:59 pm

Yes you can
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sarabaksa
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by sarabaksa » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:24 pm

Thank you!

sarabaksa
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by sarabaksa » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:46 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:59 pm
Yes you can
Hello, thank you very much. I have now submitted the application and I have another query to ask please.

I've submitted my application based on my current address but I am moving home in about 3 weeks. I have put postal address as my future address, and current address as my current address in the application.

Now that I was looking at 'Consent for the Home Office to verify application information' to upload on UKVCAS, I'm wondering whether I should wait until I move and put future address. I haven't been able to reserve an appointment anyway and I see appointments are booked up until 11th September.

Why do they need the address of applicant? Is it to check bank statements, council tax payments etc.? What if my council tax is included in my rent that I don't pay it myself?

Many thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:15 pm

sarabaksa wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:46 pm

Hello, thank you very much. I have now submitted the application and I have another query to ask please.

I've submitted my application based on my current address but I am moving home in about 3 weeks. I have put postal address as my future address, and current address as my current address in the application.

Now that I was looking at 'Consent for the Home Office to verify application information' to upload on UKVCAS, I'm wondering whether I should wait until I move and put future address. I haven't been able to reserve an appointment anyway and I see appointments are booked up until 11th September.
Write a covering letter
sarabaksa wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:46 pm
Why do they need the address of applicant?
To write him/her in post/visit in person in rarest case scenario.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sarabaksa
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by sarabaksa » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:46 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:15 pm
Write a covering letter
Thank you, I will do that. How do I send the cover letter? Do I upload it on UKVCAS with all other documents?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:48 pm

sarabaksa wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:46 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:15 pm
Write a covering letter
Thank you, I will do that. How do I send the cover letter? Do I upload it on UKVCAS with all other documents?
Yes upload it along with other supporting documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sarabaksa
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by sarabaksa » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:08 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:48 pm
Yes upload it along with other supporting documents.
Thanks a lot!

I am considering uploading

- Current passport
- Previous passport
- BRP
- National identity card
- Consent letter to access data
- Certificate of entry and exit issued by my government (this shows entry and exit dates to and from my country)
- Offer letter from my first school (for my first Tier 4 Child Visa, 2010-2012)
- Letter of sponsorship from my school and my application for my second Tier 4 Child Visa (2012-2014)
- Degree certificate & Transcript (for my Tier 4 General Visa, 2014-2018)
- Letter of employment & Tier 2 LR approval letter from Home Office (2018 - 2021)

Do you think that's too much? Or am I missing something?

Thank you!

sarabaksa
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by sarabaksa » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:09 pm

+ cover letter to explain change of my home address :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:16 pm

sarabaksa wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:08 pm

- National identity card
-
- Certificate of entry and exit issued by my government (this shows entry and exit dates to and from my country)
- Letter of sponsorship from my school and my application for my second Tier 4 Child Visa (2012-2014)

- Letter of employment & Tier 2 LR approval letter from Home Office (2018 - 2021)

Do you think that's too much? Or am I missing something?

Thank you!
Above might not be needed.

sarabaksa
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by sarabaksa » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:08 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:16 pm

Thanks again! Uploading these additional ones won't affect the application in a negative way though right? I'm hoping they will somehow make it easy for caseworker to see there's no reason to reject me... Please share your thoughts. Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:14 pm

sarabaksa wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:08 pm
Thanks again! Uploading these additional ones won't affect the application in a negative way though right? I'm hoping they will somehow make it easy for caseworker to see there's no reason to reject me... Please share your thoughts. Thank you!

The best approach is to always submit documents which are required only.

Any additional documents are not recommended.

ILR via LR needs very minimal documents.

PS additional documents which are not required can actually do more harm than benefit.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:15 pm

sarabaksa wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:08 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:16 pm

Any unnecessary documents you submit will be completely disregarded and cause any of the mandatory documents to be missed. It adds nothing to your application because the rules and guidance are very clear on the minimal documents required and that ukvi want to see. If they wanted to see all sorts of stuff, it would be stated in the guidance.

- National identity card
-

None of this is required and is completely irrelevant to ilr based on long residence.

You are overthinking completely.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.