ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting evidence for qualification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

platea1
Newly Registered

Supporting evidence for qualification

Post by platea1 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:48 pm

It says on the UKBA website that if the applicant has not yet graduated they must provide an academic transcript and academic reference as supporting evidence. It says that "The original academic reference from the institution awarding the degree must be on official headed paper of the institution and clearly show:
 your name;
 the title of award;
 the date of award, confirming that it will be awarded; and
 the date that the certificate will be issued or confirmation that the institution is unable to issue the certifcate or award.

I have my Academic Transcript and what in NZ is called a Certificate of Attainment along with a letter from the University. According to the university the latter are accepted by the UK Home Office in place of an original graduation certificate for students awaiting graduation.

The Certificate of Attainment and letter however merely confirm my eligibility to receive the graduation certificate but don´t confirm that the certificate will be awarded (i.e. that I have applied to graduate) or of the date of conferrment of the graduation certificate.

Does anyone know if the Certificate of Attainment is indeed sufficient as the university claims?