ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reg.. Maintance funds affidavit-Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lata

Reg.. Maintance funds affidavit-Urgent

Post by lata » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi all,
I am from India and have got HSMP approval on Aug 13th. Now I am planning to go fo EC in 2 days. Iam maintaing funds in my salary account from May 5th . Cash arround 1 lakh was deposited into my account directly (50k once and 50k once) and arround 1 lakh 40,000 thousand was transferred from husband account . Do I need to show any affidavit for these?
If Yes how I have to show for the above two
i.e 1. Cash directly deposited into my account.
2. Cash transferred from husband account.

Anyone can help me out on this please.
Your quick help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lata

lata

Post by lata » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:38 am

Could anyone please reply

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:29 am

hello,

would appreciate if u let everyone know if these three transactions are within the three months statement that u will be providing for ur maint. funds. If no then it is upto u if u would like to provide this affidavit ... if yes then it will help if u show ur husband's bank statement as well and make a point in ur application letter that it is transfered from his account.

hope above helps...

Regards
lata wrote:Could anyone please reply
Thanks & Best Regards

lata

Post by lata » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:56 am

Hi, Thanks a lot for your quick response.

No, Those three tansactions are not with in 3 months which Iam showing as maitanance period. I mean those three tansactions happened in the first week of MAY. Iam planning to show my fund maintanance period from MAY 25 th to Aug 25th.
But I think I have to show my bank statement for last 5months(since I applied for HSMP) as my current emplyment salary proof.

Can you please tell me now what to do? Do need to show affidavit for those three tansactions?

And also can you please tell Do need to submit seperate covering letter for my dependent?

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:44 am

Hi Lata,
i was also in a similar situation like you.for me the deposit was done in April last week and I am showing maintainance from May 1st to to curent date. I applied for visa yesterday. I have a gift letter from my brother in U.K.
So I enquired with the VFS official. He told me that its upto us, but it is required only if there are any deposits within last 3 months.
As like you I had the same bank account for both salary and maintenance funds.
What I did was that I took as separate bank statment for the last 3 months and got a letter from the bank stating that the minimum balance from 01/05/08 to 24/08/08 was XXXX inr.I attached this as docs for maintenance funds . I also took a separate bank stmt which covers the last 7 months which I attached with the salary slips.I explained this to the VFS guy and told him that I just wanted to make things easier for the EC officer thats why I am giving separate stmts.
So I am waiting for the results.Hope my exp helps.
ukhsmp

lata

Post by lata » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi, Thanks alot for your detail explanation.
There are also some deposits into my account ( like rental advance from company and tranferring this amount to my husband account and also LTA deposit from company and one more cash depost of 45k ) in between fund maintanance period i.e May 25 th to Aug 25 th.
Can you please advice me now what to do..?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,
Lata

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:57 am

Then you must show the source of maintenance funds.
I would advise you to prepare a separate cover letter "Source of Maintenance funds" and attache the relevant documents along with the letter. for LTA and rental advance I think yoiu can get docs from your company. Explain all the points in your source of funds cover letter.
Keep it separate and explain to the the VFS guy about this and submit it .best of luck
ukhsmp

lata

Post by lata » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:22 pm

Ok.. Thanks a lot yaar. I too wish you all the best.

Satnov
Newly Registered

Post by Satnov » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:39 am

I see a lot of posts on the source of funds - Can somebody point out to me in the Tier 1 policy document or in the application or in the UKBA website- where it is stated that source and withdrawal of funds should be explained. It only states that there should be receipt and withdrawals in the account.

If someone from the High commission sents this info by mail - then it would not be an acceptable guidance as it is not publicly available.

There is a possibility that I have overlooked something - can somebody point this out to me.

Thanks

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:29 am

Hi Satnov,
The guidance notes says that source of funds must be shown for those funds which are credited into your accounts within the last 3 months.
It mentions nothing abt funds prior to that. you must be knowing abt the old HSMP rules,Where there is no such thing as maintenance funds for 3 months.So people will show funds by getting it deposited into thier account prior to applying for EC. So to prove to the EC officer that you will be using the funds shown by you for initial settlement, you have to shwo that this funds was gifted to you .
Now people are thinking of this just to be on safe side. Also if you see the date of the posts where EC was rejected because of not providing source of funds, you can see that they would have applied in the old rules not Tier-1 rules.
So for the new tier-1 rules there is no need of source of funds to be shown EXCEPT for the funds credited into your acct in the last 3 months
ukhsmp

Satnov
Newly Registered

Post by Satnov » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:15 am

You will do me a great favour - if you copy paste the section or paragraph from the guidance document which indicates that the source of funds should be explained.

I have gone through the document and I don't notice an reference

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:10 pm

Satnov wrote:You will do me a great favour - if you copy paste the section or paragraph from the guidance document which indicates that the source of funds should be explained.

I have gone through the document and I don't notice an reference
This statement was clearly noted in the policy document that was in effect until 29-Jun and was a *mandatory* requirement. Search the forum and you'll find many posts discussing this topic (look for posts uploaded before 29-Jun). It is only when Tier 1 was rolled-out for the rest of the world that this new document was uploaded on the UKBA website and this statement is missing.

It is up to you to not show evidence of source of funds during the 3 month period on basis of the arguement that it is not mentioned in the current policy document. People like me will advise you to do otherwise - there is no point in risking a rejection, waste another 5-6 weeks on admin. review and still get a refusal again.

But as I said, the decision is yours.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Satnov
Newly Registered

Post by Satnov » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:32 pm

The decision is always mine and no doubt about that. The point is we make an application based on the guidance notes. If they have removed something - I am sure that there is a logic behind it atleast we are expected to think that way.

perk_2k1
Newly Registered

ec refused

Post by perk_2k1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:26 am

hi satnov,

i applied for EC on July 18th- i had maintained 2800 pounds in 2 of my bank accounts,

1. SBI-2500 pounds, i attached its original passbook with my application n
2. HSBC- 400 pounds, i attached its e-statement which i got attested from the bank n a certificate from the bank stating the closing balance as they didnt agree to give me letter stating that these funds hav been maintained for past 3 months

i got refusal letter for EC on 21 august 2008 n the they hav given 2 reasons :

1. i attached e-statements of hsbc (which i obviously got attested by the bank)but for this they want a letter from the bank stating that these documents are authentic or a certificate from the bank stating that the funds hav been maintained in my bank account from past 3 months.
"n if u dont put this additional document from the bank then they wont cosider these documents authentic"

2. the source of fund- i showed maintenance of funds from 15th April to 15 July. but still they hav pointed out that the funds in my "SBIaccount" account increased from RS.3,636 on 20/03/2008 to RS.3,19,136 on 12/05/2008 and since I declared income of RS. 25,000 and they found other transactions in excess of this amount,they are not satisfied that this money is available to me !!!

So i think its better if you show the source of funds...

by the way I am goin re-apply for EC rectifyin these 2 points.

perk
Last edited by perk_2k1 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perk_2k1
Newly Registered

ukhsmp

Post by perk_2k1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:46 am

[quote="ukhsmp"]
I have a gift letter from my brother in U.K.
quote]

could you please help me with the format of gift letter.

regards
perk

Satnov
Newly Registered

Re: ukhsmp

Post by Satnov » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:23 pm

perk_2k1 wrote:
ukhsmp wrote: I have a gift letter from my brother in U.K.
quote]

could you please help me with the format of gift letter.

regards
perk
Thanks Perk for the clarification. You saisd that maintenance of funds was from 15 May to 15 July. This is only two months - so actually did you show from 15 April to 15 JUly and your deposit on 12 May was a high amount.

perk_2k1
Newly Registered

Post by perk_2k1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:01 pm

satnov,

sorry my bad, i maintained those funds from 15th april to 15th july and yes they have pointed out that it went high on 12th april. i didnt deposit this amount in one go, it was in the form of salary, incentives and other sources.

Satnov
Newly Registered

Post by Satnov » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:47 pm

perk_2k1 wrote:satnov,

sorry my bad, i maintained those funds from 15th april to 15th july and yes they have pointed out that it went high on 12th april. i didnt deposit this amount in one go, it was in the form of salary, incentives and other sources.
Perk - you mean they pointed this out even though the deposit was made on 12 April and your period of three months started from 15 April to 15 July. This is surprising as they are supposedly required to check during the three month period - seems to be arbitary

marchhsmp
Newly Registered

Post by marchhsmp » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:30 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for EC in the next week. I am maintaining the funds for more than 90 days as of now. However I got some money before the maintainence period from my brother, who took a personal loan for that.

To avoid the risks involved, I would like to show the source of the funds.
As of now, I had planned to do the following.

1. Get a no objection certification for the transfer of funds from an Auditor with me and my brother as the two parties
2. Get a notary certificate from a lawyer mentioning that the corresponding account holders are brothers.
3. Submit this two certificates + my brother's account statements and his pay slips apart from the normal docs to be submitted.
4. Mention the same in the cover letter.

Is this fine? Or am I overdoing/lacking something? Please let me know your suggestions.

You can also mail me @ reachharikrish@gmail.com

rely

Post by rely » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:39 am

Please read this reply from VFS banglore:
If applying from India then 15 months bank statement you have to provide and NOT 3 months but you have to fulfill all other mandatory 3 months fund requirement.
rely

"Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query:

Please be informed that Accommodation proof in U.K is not mandatory. However, we advice the applicants to provide the accommodation proof in order to support his/her application.

Please find the above attached file. For more information related to documents please visit the UK Border Agency website.

Please note that the maintenance funds should be for at least 3 months. However, the applicants are required to provide the bank statements for last 15 months and the minimum balance for the last 3 months should be 2800 GBP. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months, for which you must show bank statements/other evidence immediately preceding and dated no more than 7 days prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

Satnov wrote:
perk_2k1 wrote:satnov,

Perk - you mean they pointed this out even though the deposit was made on 12 April and your period of three months started from 15 April to 15 July. This is surprising as they are supposedly required to check during the three month period - seems to be arbitary

marchhsmp
Newly Registered

Post by marchhsmp » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:55 am

Hi Friends,

I mailed the VFS office today with the following query:

I am maintaining the required funds for more than 90 days as of now. But before the maintainance period, I got a part of the money from my brother, who got a office loan for that.But that is before the maintainance period. So what should I do now? Should I show the source of that funds which I got before the maintanancce period? Because I had read in the forums that not showing the source of funds even before the three maintainance period may lead to rejection.

and the reply I got is the following

The applicant is required to submit satisfactory proof for source of funds and it has to be maintained in his account for three months.

So we need to provide the source of funds even before the maintainance period.