ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:43 pm

amazingneo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:19 pm
Barry465 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:07 pm
Believe people seem to want to be opting out as there is an indication that it might be a 'faster process', based on the email we received. However, if literally everyone 'opts out' then surely it cancels it out - as getting an appointment will be next to impossible.
Doesn't look many will opt-out (deadline of 7th Aug already passed). So first batch of opt-outers (if thats the word) should booking slots Monday onwards, and I believe (and hope) ahead of more recent applicants. Those re-users ones who applied in March and April and May, are the only ones in that pool. I called thrice today (and around 4-5 times over last two weeks) - UKVI helpline and CIH - every-time got "we do not have any info on IDV App release date", and once got the response after a bit of probing up that "The app may not be released before 31st Aug". So I am highly sceptical for the app to be out anytime soon ("soon" is a relative word anyway, in UKVCAS' dictionary).
July applicants reported a deadline to opt out by 10th Aug 5pm.
Pre-July applicants had a deadline by today 7th Aug.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:17 pm

Hi all,
My application details:
ILR (LR) applied on 18th of July
Received biometric reuse email on the 5th of August and also been given an option to opt-out by 10th.

Just posting to see if anyone has reached a conclusive mind yet whether to stay in or opt-out? Your honest opinion will help whether to stay in or not.

On a separate matter, The recent email from UKVI clearly says “Please be reassured that your immigration status remains unaffected whilst your application is in progress” then I wonder why some members are reporting job losses due to this backlog.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:41 pm

Maazkay09 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:17 pm
Hi all,
My application details:
Received biometric reuse email on the 5th of August and also been given an option to opt-out by 10th.

Just posting to see if anyone has reached a conclusive mind yet whether to stay in or opt-out? Your honest opinion will help whether to stay in or not.

On a separate matter, The recent email from UKVI clearly says “Please be reassured that your immigration status remains unaffected whilst your application is in progress” then I wonder why some members are reporting job losses due to this backlog.
My applcation timelines are similar to yours and I also have received the IDV app and biometric reuse email.

What is the guarantee that enough appointments will be available from Aug 10 onwards if one chooses to opt out? Would it be like a lottery?

At the moment there are no slots shown when I login to the UKVCAS portal. What evidence do we have that there will be enough slots after we opt out? What if no slots are available till mid september? That will delay the process.

The same can also be said for the IDV app launch? When will it be released? Will it work ok? How much time will it take for them to process the application? Can there be technical errors? Would that delay the process?

As you would see there are pros and cons for both approaches.

I am inclined towards opt-out but there is no going back to the digital app after that. Will decide over the weekend?

What are your views?

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:15 pm
Barry465 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:07 pm
Narimane wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:59 pm
Why you all opting out? Is there any specific reasons
Believe people seem to want to be opting out as there is an indication that it might be a 'faster process', based on the email we received. However, if literally everyone 'opts out' then surely it cancels it out - as getting an appointment will be next to impossible.

How confident are we in this app, I've heard other people saying that it's something they have been using for years under other visa types?
An app has been used since 2018 for EU settlement scheme applications. Ukvi are likely adapting the app to cover the broad range of UK immigration route applications.
Thansk for pointing this.

In my view UKVI are very capable to launch a productive app, what we all are concerned is whether they have devleoped a full functional app for applicants to be launched in say 2 weeks? Whether the app is ready or getting ready is the key point.

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:58 pm

Maazkay09 wrote:
Hi all,
My application details:

UKVI have the data on how much staff they have and how many applicants to expect against availability of appointments. I think they would have done the math, plus Sopia Steria would be wanting to make back all the money they lost over the lockdown period (app is free). I bet there will be enough appointments to go around. Turnaround period of applications is likely what will be affected.

atao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by atao » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:06 pm

It's unbelievable that we have spent another week of dead silence with no updates from both parties. They haven't even bothered to announce that they'd start with July applications, they just did it... And I agree one of the posts I read here today - we all think there is a pattern here but the only pattern is there is no pattern... seems like there is no planning on their end, they just went straight into execution hence the mess.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:18 pm

I received bio-metrics reuse email yesterday (6th Aug) around 5 am.

After having some thinking, I have decided to not opt-out and keep going with the flow. Following are the main reasons which convinced me to go for an IDV app:
  • Getting a biometrics appointment doesn't means that decision will be quick, there are chances it may take longer. Nobody can say by sure that the case worker has reached on interim decision or not.
  • I had received an email from case worker stating that it may take longer than 6 months, even if that was generic auto generated email it is an important factor to consider.
  • I don't want to pay for premium appointment where I know that there is no guarantee that decision will be made quickly.
  • I have no rush. Willing to see how much they need for an IDV app. It may be ready by end of August according to signs in email. So there are chances that I will also achieve the same (in almost similar time with not much difference) like people who are opting out and going for bio-metrics appointments.
  • It would be nice to see a new technology in the form of an IDV app, that UKVCAS is take so much time and efforts to develop ; )
It would be interesting to see how things goes in next few weeks.

Timeless
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Timeless » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:28 pm

My thoughts on the so-called 'pattern'...

1) UKVI and UKVCAS has agreed clear rules on who are or are not eligible for biometric re-use
2) Profit driven, UKVCAS can quickly process all applications (to the latest one) to identify those who need to attend physical appointments. However, it finds itself some capacity for more appointments.
3) While at the same time, UKVI is still struggling to launch the app in the foreseeable coming weeks...
4) So UKVCAS and UKVI decided to allow those who are told to re-use biometic to choose on their own for opt-in or out, so UKVCAS can earn more money...

Sounds quite logic to me...

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:59 pm

Timeless wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:28 pm
My thoughts on the so-called 'pattern'...

1) UKVI and UKVCAS has agreed clear rules on who are or are not eligible for biometric re-use
2) Profit driven, UKVCAS can quickly process all applications (to the latest one) to identify those who need to attend physical appointments. However, it finds itself some capacity for more appointments.
3) While at the same time, UKVI is still struggling to launch the app in the foreseeable coming weeks...
4) So UKVCAS and UKVI decided to allow those who are told to re-use biometic to choose on their own for opt-in or out, so UKVCAS can earn more money...

Sounds quite logic to me...
This sounds convincing so I hope opting out will give us a quicker decision

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:15 pm

klownking wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:29 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:12 pm
When everyone uploading their employment letter after the application, did HR use his/her e-signature or wet signed the letter? Mine is e-signature cos everyone is working from home atm.
E-signature should be fine. Personally, I have asked my boss to signed it personally and removed the e-signature. I have also asked him to signed the payslip because we get online.
My boss signed and sent me employment letter via email. He did it via E signature too and I have also uploaded it onto UKVCAS. STILL WAITING FOR DOCUMENT SUBMISSION.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:25 pm

Gilo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:15 pm
klownking wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
When everyone uploading their employment letter after the application, did HR use his/her e-signature or wet signed the letter? Mine is e-signature cos everyone is working from home atm.
E-signature should be fine. Personally, I have asked my boss to signed it personally and removed the e-signature. I have also asked him to signed the payslip because we get online.
My boss signed and sent me employment letter via email. He did it via E signature too and I have also uploaded it onto UKVCAS. STILL WAITING FOR DOCUMENT SUBMISSION.
I am also waiting for the document submission. I am in Leeds and we only have Enhanced Service point here. There is no point for me to submit the documents. I would have to pay £70 for no reason, so, why not let them check the quality and submit. I am waiting for the UKVCAS email. :roll:

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:30 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:41 pm
Maazkay09 wrote:
Hi all,
My application details:

My applcation timelines are similar to yours and I also have received the IDV app and biometric reuse email.

What is the guarantee that enough appointments will be available from Aug 10 onwards if one chooses to opt out? Would it be like a lottery?

At the moment there are no slots shown when I login to the UKVCAS portal. What evidence do we have that there will be enough slots after we opt out? What if no slots are available till mid september? That will delay the process.

The same can also be said for the IDV app launch? When will it be released? Will it work ok? How much time will it take for them to process the application? Can there be technical errors? Would that delay the process?

As you would see there are pros and cons for both approaches.

I am inclined towards opt-out but there is no going back to the digital app after that. Will decide over the weekend?

What are your views?
My views are exactly like yours on this.
There are going to be “what if” questions in either option regardless. However, one has to go with his/her instinct feelings. I would very much agree with @atao’s comment below who wrote “we all think there is a pattern here but the only pattern is there is no pattern” and that is true. We can't predict what's next but In my opinion, HO/UKVI/UKVCAS suddenly not going to get a genie to resolve all problems they have, therefore, having high hopes for one option over another would be pointless. No matter what one does there will be resentment in some cases and who knows who that going to be.
As said above, I think it depends on individual and instinct feelings and the context of the case/individual. In my case, I am slightly more inclined to opt-out as I have forgotten to submit an important document through UKVCAS upload/submit option and hence I hope going for an appointment gives me somewhat assurance that this would be submitted at the time of appointment.
We all have different context’s and we cant compare contrast as each case has its own uniqueness. So whilst deciding on whether to opt-out or not, I think one needs to identify one’s instinct and considering the context rather than any trend.
I’m kind of going with this quote “IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET THE CHANCES WE DIDN’T TAKE”

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:33 pm

klownking wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:25 pm
Gilo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:15 pm
klownking wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
I am also waiting for the document submission. I am in Leeds and we only have Enhanced Service point here. There is no point for me to submit the documents. I would have to pay £70 for no reason, so, why not let them check the quality and submit. I am waiting for the UKVCAS email. :roll:
That’s true. Letting the staff check at the enhanced service point is wise. I am doing it through a solicitor and she said it would be fine so I just trust her.
I applied on 23.07.2020. Received biometric reuse on 05.08.2020. I’m thinking to wait for the IDV...
I just have a feeling that even if I Opt out, I will still have to compete for appointments and it won’t be my turn to get it until next month. By the time, the IDV would have been launched ... my own feeling.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:39 pm

Hello,
I applied for ILR based on long residence SET(LR) this morning. When I went to UKVCAS website to upload documents, I found no sub-category under the mandatory category. Is this normal? I thought Passport and BRP are mandatory!

Any advice please?

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:56 pm

hobba2008 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:39 pm
Hello,
I applied for ILR based on long residence SET(LR) this morning. When I went to UKVCAS website to upload documents, I found no sub-category under the mandatory category. Is this normal? I thought Passport and BRP are mandatory!

Any advice please?
I applied for SET(LR) aswell and it didn't give me the Mandatory Documents sub category. I uploaded all my docs in the Other Supporting Documents Subcategory. As long as you've uploaded all the required documents it shouldn't really matter. The case worker will pick up all your uploaded documents once uploaded and submitted successfully via the UKVCAS website.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:01 am

hobba2008 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:39 pm
Hello,

Any advice please?
This is how the website works. Its normal. As long you upload all required documents, your fine.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:34 am

Ptnbbr wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:54 pm
Coco321 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:12 pm
usernameswan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:07 pm
Coco321 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:05 pm

Im so angry I applied for ilr based in 5 years rout and stuck by the idiots who said reuse fingerprint when its not even ready yet to use then let whatever applied in june get appointment and decision already!!!
Same here, applied in May...
Applied in April and still waiting!! Complained to sopra and they said twice in the two complains that home Office asked them not to invite me for appointment and to put me in the reuse group
But now you should have received an update on IDV and there is an option to opt out, i received this email late night 31 July...clearly 5 weeks of precious time has been already stolen from us, by waiting for something which is not even ready yet :cry:
Exactly they just put us in the reuse group with no option to opt out and make us lose 5 weeks for nothing

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:35 am

Thomas_84 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:19 am
Coco321 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:19 pm
Ptnbbr wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:12 pm
Coco321 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:19 am
Funny to see people who applied in July asking when they will be able to book appointment when people who applied end of march still stuck and left behind!!
yep, waiting from the beginning of Apr...

May I ask if you are in the re-use group and if you decided to wait or opt-out? I believe appointment is the way to make money for them, so 97% sure there will be lots of them for people who opt-out, and they will most likely be expensive 8) I think it is a quicker way...
I opt out
The funny thing is people who applied after us in july have booked appointments already!! Absolutely joke
I also opted out. I hope it is enough sending opt out email to the given email address: admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com
I hope we do not need to call & confirm with them. Even when I called, I am in call waiting list no. 20 or 30 or 40.
I have the same fear here that even tho i opt out through the solicitor as i didnt apply myself that the email dont go through or the format is wrong !!

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:37 am

ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN CHANGE THE REGISTER EMAIL WITH THE UKVCAS ? As I applied through solicitor and i cant log in to the account because its the solicitor email and wonder if i can ask her to change the email to my email so i have the option to log into the account?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:37 am

Coco321 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:37 am
ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN CHANGE THE REGISTER EMAIL WITH THE UKVCAS ? As I applied through solicitor and i cant log in to the account because its the solicitor email and wonder if i can ask her to change the email to my email so i have the option to log into the account?

You cant.

kraviraj82
Newly Registered
India

Post by kraviraj82 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:01 am

Dear Members,

Please help me with my queries

Application – Set (LR) – ILR Long Residence route
Date UK Entered - 16th Sep 2010
10th Anniversary – 16th Sep 2020
28 Days before 10th Anniversary – 19th Aug 2020
Date of Application - 31st July 2020
Reuse email – 06th Aug 2020
Deadline to optout – 10th Aug 2020

I am applying through a solicitor and based on solicitor’s advice the application was submitted on 31st July 2020

Questions
1) As per UK Immigration website, application should be made only after 28 Days before the 10th Anniversary, but I applied Set (LR) on 31st July 2020, i.e. 20 Days earlier. Is this Valid ? As my solicitor says application can be made well before but the biometric should happen only after 20th August (not earlier than 28 Days before the 10th Anniversary)

2) Now that I have submitted the application and received Reuse email from UKVCAS and deadline for optout is 10th August, if I don’t opt out (OPT IN) will UKVCAS ask all the documents and consider the biometric before 20th August, which is against the 28 Day rule and eventually my application will be rejected ?

3) What happens if I OPT IN ? What are the timelines from UKVCAS ?

4) Let me ask in a simple way, considering the above timeline Should I OPT IN or OPT OUT for a successful application ?

Thanks
Ravi

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:11 am

kraviraj82 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:01 am
Dear Members,

I am applying through a solicitor and based on solicitor’s advice the application was submitted on 31st July 2020

Questions
1) As per UK Immigration website, application should be made only after 28 Days before the 10th Anniversary, but I applied Set (LR) on 31st July 2020, i.e. 20 Days earlier. Is this Valid ? As my solicitor says application can be made well before but the biometric should happen only after 20th August (not earlier than 28 Days before the 10th Anniversary)

2) Now that I have submitted the application and received Reuse email from UKVCAS and deadline for optout is 10th August, if I don’t opt out (OPT IN) will UKVCAS ask all the documents and consider the biometric before 20th August, which is against the 28 Day rule and eventually my application will be rejected ?

4) Let me ask in a simple way, considering the above timeline Should I OPT IN or OPT OUT for a successful application ?

Thanks
Ravi
The date of application is the date you pay and submit NOT the biometrics appointment date. However, in theory, yes you can apply earlier than that, and if the decision is made on the date when you actually qualify, then the Case Worker should apply discretion and approve.

Since, you only qualify after the 19th August, you should make sure you book an appointment AFTER the 19th so your application is considered/decision is made after 19th August.

I would advise you to opt out and not risk with biometrics reuse because if a decision is made before the 19th, your application can be refused.

PS: If you have not yet submitted your documents via the UKVCAS portal, you are safe even if you choose to opt in.

kraviraj82
Newly Registered
India

Post by kraviraj82 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:19 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:11 am
kraviraj82 wrote:
Dear Members,

Questions

Thanks
Ravi
The date of application is the date you pay and submit NOT the biometrics appointment date. However, in theory, yes you can apply earlier than that, and if the decision is made on the date when you actually qualify, then the Case Worker should apply discretion and approve.

Since, you only qualify after the 19th August, you should make sure you book an appointment AFTER the 19th so your application is considered/decision is made after 19th August.

I would advise you to opt out and not risk with biometrics reuse because if a decision is made before the 19th, your application can be refused.

PS: If you have not yet submitted your documents via the UKVCAS portal, you are safe even if you choose to opt in.
Thanks a lot CULLINAN. I will talk to my solicitor and opt out. But do you know what happens after OPT IN ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:31 am

kraviraj82 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:19 am
CULLINAN wrote:
kraviraj82 wrote:
Dear Members,

Questions

Thanks
Ravi

Thanks a lot CULLINAN. I will talk to my solicitor and opt out. But do you know what happens after OPT IN ?
Have you uploaded and submitted the documents via UKVCAS portal?
It is still uncertain how the submission of documents via the new feature works and if UKVI processes the applications or not.
But, if you have not, obviously UKVI can not process your application without the documents.

In that case, I would not fear even opting in. Once you opt in, you will have to wait for the IDV app to provide your facial image.

Obviously, a decision would not be made till you provide your facial image, but I would still consider opting out if my documents are already submitted.

kraviraj82
Newly Registered
India

Post by kraviraj82 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:57 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:31 am
kraviraj82 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:19 am
CULLINAN wrote:
kraviraj82 wrote:
Dear Members,

Questions

Thanks
Ravi

Have you uploaded and submitted the documents via UKVCAS portal?
It is still uncertain how the submission of documents via the new feature works and if UKVI processes the applications or not.
But, if you have not, obviously UKVI can not process your application without the documents.

In that case, I would not fear even opting in. Once you opt in, you will have to wait for the IDV app to provide your facial image.

Obviously, a decision would not be made till you provide your facial image, but I would still consider opting out if my documents are already submitted.
Thanks CULLINAN, I have NOT yet uploaded my documents via UKVCAS portal