ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shortage Occupation List

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Shortage Occupation List

Post by Rags1238 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:20 am

Hi,

My wife is working as a Senior Marine pipelines engineer in the oil and gas industry. Can anyone please tell me if this falls under SOL?

Am asking this question since our immigration consultant first made us go through the RLMT process and now submitting the application form as SOL.

I tried looking up on the GOV website, but the phrase "All occupations" seems ambiguous.

Any advice would be helpful
TIA,
Raghavendra.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Shortage Occupation List

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:11 am

You want member who are unpaid volunteers to search through appendix j and appendix k for you with just a job title???

Useful to post what the SOC is if you want help!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rags1238 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:11 am
You want member who are unpaid volunteers to search through appendix j and appendix k for you with just a job title???

Useful to post what the SOC is if you want help!!!
Apologies, that was not my intention. I wasn't completely sure and hence dint post the SOC. But it should be either 2121 or 2129.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:52 am

What do you find ambiguous about it saying "all occupations"? It is clear it means all occupations as stated and the details are available in appendix J with the salary thresholds.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rags1238 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:28 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:52 am
What do you find ambiguous about it saying "all occupations"? It is clear it means all occupations as stated and the details are available in appendix J with the salary thresholds.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work
Thanks. This definitely helps, am clear now. The job code is 2122 and title is marine engineer.

Thanks a lot again.