ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global talent visa tech nation application documents

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ET_2020
Newly Registered
England

Global talent visa tech nation application documents

Post by ET_2020 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:55 am

Hello all,

I would start by thanking all for enabling such a wonderful and informative forum for visa questions and collaboration.

I m in process of submitting the tech nation global talent visa application and have below 2 queries.

1) I have applied for stage 1 endorsement and paid in home office. I have the valid UAN number. I read in the forum that the home office will be forwarding the application to tech nation ? If so any idea how long it takes to forward the application to tech nation ? .... I also noticed that in tech nation, only the UAN number and payment reference is required to submit the application. So do we need to wait till home office forward to tech nation?

2) reg the Letter of recommendation : I have got 3 letters of recommendation . I see the relevant sections to upload each of them individually in the tech nation application. The recommendation letters itself is 3 pages. So how did we add the recommendation letter provider's CV ? Does their CV needs to be uploaded in the same section where we upload the letter of recommendation (or) does CV needs to be uploaded in the evidence section? Also do we need to give the compete CV of the recommendation letter issuer or just a one pager or even a LinkedIn profile link would be sufficient?

Appreciate a response from past applicants . Thanks in advance.

DreamerBeliever
India

Re: Global talent visa tech nation application documents

Post by DreamerBeliever » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:32 pm

ET_2020 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:55 am
Hello all,

I would start by thanking all for enabling such a wonderful and informative forum for visa questions and collaboration.

I m in process of submitting the tech nation global talent visa application and have below 2 queries.

1) I have applied for stage 1 endorsement and paid in home office. I have the valid UAN number. I read in the forum that the home office will be forwarding the application to tech nation ? If so any idea how long it takes to forward the application to tech nation ? .... I also noticed that in tech nation, only the UAN number and payment reference is required to submit the application. So do we need to wait till home office forward to tech nation?

2) reg the Letter of recommendation : I have got 3 letters of recommendation . I see the relevant sections to upload each of them individually in the tech nation application. The recommendation letters itself is 3 pages. So how did we add the recommendation letter provider's CV ? Does their CV needs to be uploaded in the same section where we upload the letter of recommendation (or) does CV needs to be uploaded in the evidence section? Also do we need to give the compete CV of the recommendation letter issuer or just a one pager or even a LinkedIn profile link would be sufficient?

Appreciate a response from past applicants . Thanks in advance.
Hi,

My understanding on your questions

1. UAN = Unique Application Number = Generated when you pay Stage-1 application fees. You are correct that we use the UAN number to start the application on the TN website. What you want is the URN - Unique Reference Number = This is the number that is generated and mailed to the applicant - once the application is sent to Tech Nation by the Home Office. This typically happens when you submit your application on the Tech Nation website (can happen earlier as well). In my own case, my application was forwarded to Tech Nation within 1 day, though I have seen one more case where it was 4 days as well. So it depends.

2. Each recommendation letter and the corresponding CV of the recommender should be 1 document only and it needs to be uploaded in the relevant section. Tech Nation guidelines allows the recommendation letter itself to be up to 3 pages, but the CV is additional and as far as I know, there is no restriction on its length. So you can decide if it is 1 pager or LinkedIn profile or something else. Totally upto you. The evidence section is for you to justify that you meet and exceed the set criteria, so I don't see how uploading recommenders CV there would help your application.

Cheers.

azad_842000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Global talent visa tech nation application documents

Post by azad_842000 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:47 pm

Hello,

I am in the early stage to apply for Global talent visa stage 1. My filed in in the Humunity. When I would fill in the application form, it shows that there is only one reference information. So, I was wondering if this is the same for all filed. Or can I fill in the only one person information as a refer in the application form and then send more than one recommendation letter by post to home office?

thank you