ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

westminster1213
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship questions

Post by westminster1213 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:17 pm

Hi,

i have some questions on the form:

1) Referee form link - will this be shared on the online portal after the application is paid for?
2) Referee form date - what should be the date of this form - before or after the application date?
3? Question - "when did you first arrive in the UK"? - i arrived in the UK almost 9 years ago as a student - is that the date that should be on this or when i first got my Tier 2 visa
4) Have you made any previous UK immigration applications - should this include my student visa applications, previous tier 2 visa applications also? Is ILR enough?
5) Jobs in the past 10 years - i did a summer internship whilst at university for two months, and i did a student caller part time job for 6 months - does this need to be included?
6) Passport documents - does every page need to be scanned as a document or only the first two pages?

Apologies for so many questions - thank you again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

British Citizenship questions

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:26 pm

westminster1213 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:17 pm
Hi,

i have some questions on the form:

1) Referee form link - will this be shared on the online portal after the application is paid for?
2) Referee form date - what should be the date of this form - before or after the application date?
3? Question - "when did you first arrive in the UK"? - i arrived in the UK almost 9 years ago as a student - is that the date that should be on this or when i first got my Tier 2 visa
4) Have you made any previous UK immigration applications - should this include my student visa applications, previous tier 2 visa applications also? Is ILR enough?
5) Jobs in the past 10 years - i did a summer internship whilst at university for two months, and i did a student caller part time job for 6 months - does this need to be included?
6) Passport documents - does every page need to be scanned as a document or only the first two pages?

Apologies for so many questions - thank you again
1. Downloaded at the end.

2. As close to application date as possible, either side of the date.

3. The questions is pretty clear on FIRST arrival.

4. ALL applications you have made.

5. ALL jobs and employment history, paid or unpaid, for the last 10 years.

6. Biometric page and all stamped pages.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

westminster1213
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Documents

Post by westminster1213 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:50 am

Hi all,

Just a quick check if i am providing the right documents:

Passport
Degree Certificate (for English language requirement)
My current ILR
The letter from home office confirming my indefinite leave to remain
P60's for the past 5 years plus current payslip - to confirm 5 year continuous living here
Referee declaration

Is there anything else that is required?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:54 am

The letter from home office confirming my indefinite leave to remain
P60's for the past 5 years plus current payslip - to confirm 5 year continuous living here
None of this is required.

For residence it is ONLY your passports covering the last 5 years and you need to upload every stamped page.

For proof of free from immigration time restrictions, it is ONLY your ILR BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

westminster1213
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship application question

Post by westminster1213 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:31 am

Hi all,

one quick question. i have asked this form before and for the date of first entry - was suggested to use the first date of entry in the UK i.e my Tier 4 visa. however, i am currently going through my ILR application and date of first entry for that was my Tier 2 visa date .. not sure which date to use now as dont want to be inconsistent between the two forms

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship application question

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:56 am

westminster1213 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:31 am
Hi all,

one quick question. i have asked this form before and for the date of first entry - was suggested to use the first date of entry in the UK i.e my Tier 4 visa. however, i am currently going through my ILR application and date of first entry for that was my Tier 2 visa date .. not sure which date to use now as dont want to be inconsistent between the two forms

Thanks
Topics Merged!!!

Do NOT confuse the ILR immigration rules for the British citizens laws. They are separate and independent of each other. What is relevant to ILR is not necessarily the same or relevant to citizenship applications.

You need to state the FIRST date as already advised when you asked previously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

westminster1213
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by westminster1213 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:12 pm

Great thank you!!

One last question - my two referees are:
1) British Citizen - Director of VAT Registered Company
2) British - Citizen, colleague of mine

This should satisfy the requirements right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:20 pm

westminster1213 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:12 pm
Great thank you!!

One last question - my two referees are:
1) British Citizen - Director of VAT Registered Company
2) British - Citizen, colleague of mine

This should satisfy the requirements right?
Fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)