ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank statement format

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saurabh_gyl

bank statement format

Post by saurabh_gyl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:21 pm

I just noticed one thing in the statement that i have taken from ICICI bank for my salary account.

My account number is mentioned on the top right corner of ever page, but it is mentioned just as a number like xxxxxxxxxx.

no where it says that it is the account number.

Can it be a problem. Or BHC can figure this out.
Regards,
Saurabh

saurabh_gyl

Post by saurabh_gyl » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:06 am

plz reply...am waiting
Regards,
Saurabh

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:15 am

Saurabh,

To be on the safe side, why dont you just get a letter from the bank stating that you have an account with them and the account number is xxxxxxx.

This way, you will be sure that there is nothing missing in your application.

Cheers

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:00 am

As long Bank statements are original, there is no need to take letter from Bank.

HSMPChile
Newly Registered

my damn bank statements

Post by HSMPChile » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi all,
I have a similar problem, not with the account number though, but with:

1. Name of transactions: Where my salary has been credited, it only says 'Deposited cheque from another bank'. And since last month my company just does an online money transfer so now it says 'Payment Service' ¬.¬'.

2. My january statement had a mistake, it said 'transactions from 31 of jan to the 31 jan' i asked the bank to correct this, and what they did was to give me a statement in a completely different format. It is a *very* different format. At least it has the right dates.

All these statements are printed in official stationery and have a very fancy watersamp from the bank though.

I'm about to give up with my bank cos they're retards really. So... do you think those issues above will be a problem for my appliaction? or do you have any suggestions? Please help.

I hope you're all well.
Kind regards

HC

saurabh_gyl

Re: my damn bank statements

Post by saurabh_gyl » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:04 am

HSMPChile wrote:Hi all,
1. Name of transactions: Where my salary has been credited, it only says 'Deposited cheque from another bank'. And since last month my company just does an online money transfer so now it says 'Payment Service' ¬.¬'.
It should not be an issue. even in my case every month has a different comment for salary. You can just highlight the salaries received in the statement and since amount would be the same as in your payslips BHC guys would easily make out. Regarding cheque payment, you can mention in your cover letter that earlier you used to receive your salary via cheque and now ur company has started direct credit.
2. My january statement had a mistake, it said 'transactions from 31 of jan to the 31 jan' i asked the bank to correct this, and what they did was to give me a statement in a completely different format. It is a *very* different format. At least it has the right dates.
Even though this may not be a problem, I would suggest you to get new statements for the whole year in a consistent format.
Regards,
Saurabh

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:04 am

Hi,
I would advise you to get a letter from ICICI bank stating that your slalary is getting credited every month from your company.
In my case the comment for salary deposit will be
"Info / Salary for the month of Jan-2008" without mentioning the company name.So I got a letter explicitly saying the

"Mr.XXXX" is holding a savings account with us from XXX date.His salary is being credited every month from ZZZZZ company"

This should solve your problem
ukhsmp

rely

Re: my damn bank statements

Post by rely » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Explain these errors very clearly,take separate letter and highlight your account nos. on each slip.
Earlier many HSMP applications were refused on similar looking cases.
rely

things
saurabh_gyl wrote:
It should not be an issue. even in my case every month has a different comment for salary. You can just highlight the salaries received in the statement and since amount would be the same as in your payslips BHC guys would easily make out. Regarding cheque payment, you can mention in your cover letter that earlier you used to receive your salary via cheque and now ur company has started direct credit.
Even though this may not be a problem, I would suggest you to get new statements for the whole year in a consistent format.

HSMPChile
Newly Registered

My damn bank statements - thank you

Post by HSMPChile » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:44 pm

Hello all,

Thank you very much! I will do as you say and keep up you updated.

saurabh_gyl: I also think a standard letter from the bank will do to state your account number. The idiots from my bank issued one for me once and it looked good. Except that it had the wrong name of the issuing branch :P. Good luck!

Best regards

HC

rely

Re: My damn bank statements - thank you

Post by rely » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:55 am

Also request your bank to mention and confirm that the balance did not fall below the min. requirement on any day during the 3 month period.
rely
HSMPChile wrote:Hello all,

Thank you very much! I will do as you say and keep up you updated.

saurabh_gyl: I also think a standard letter from the bank will do to state your account number. The idiots from my bank issued one for me once and it looked good. Except that it had the wrong name of the issuing branch :P. Good luck!

Best regards

HC