ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR m spouse visa applied, can I travel

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maria7890
Newly Registered
United States of America

FLR m spouse visa applied, can I travel

Post by Maria7890 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:14 am

So I’ve got a whole question on this travel thing after you’ve submitted your application but before biometrics and an approval has been decided.

I am currently on a Tier-2 ICT, was made redundant on June 19th, my company has NOT notified The Home Office, so I have NOT received my curtailment letter.

In the meantime, I got married and applied for a Spouse/Family visa on July 31st, was notified on August 5th that they’ll reuse biometrics.

If what people are saying is true and the facial app for the biometrics won’t be running till end of August, is it okay to travel? Is my visa status frozen? Am I on the Tier-2 ICT until the Family Visa is approved? Do you think there would be issues re-entering the U.K.?

I ask because I’d really like to go see my family in the USA during this time off, since I have the time to quarantine when I come back.

Thank you all!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR m spouse visa applied, can I travel

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:54 am

You tagged your question onto a topic in the British citizenship sub forum. Your questions are not relevant for that topic or sub forum as different revel rules apply to different applications.

You cannot travel out of the UK while you have an immigration application pending. Your application will be considered withdrawn and you will lose your fees.

Your tier 2 sponsor has an obligation to inform HO within 10 days of your last day of work that you are no longer employed and sponsored. This is part of their sponsorship obligations and requirment. Curtailment letters can take a few months but if you are out if the UK, you might not get one and your visa simply cancelled.

You should wait for your new visa and BRP before travelling.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.