ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal allowed what is next step

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eutavene1
Newly Registered

Appeal allowed what is next step

Post by eutavene1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi guys we have had our appeal allowed for my husband who is in jamacia ( spouse visa ) the determination was sent out on the 12 August I called AIT this was the only infomation they would give me ...

That they mailed a copy out to my solicitor , my husband and also to kingston my solicitor says we now have another 28 days to wait ...

Can any one tell me when can I start calling kinston regarding my husband,s visa Kingston are notourious for delays and take there time in doing anything .......

Any help would be appreciated I know there are a few people on this forumn and other sites who are waiting and I realise it is a waiting game
but what is a reasonable time scale to wait " it seems like the fight and struggle is never really over they keeps us on ours toes "

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:10 pm

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter27/#point%20ten

Go to the above link.

How long it will take before your spouse gets their visa depends entirely whether the Home Office appeal against the decision of the adjuticator or not.

How quickly AIT can inform HO and the BHC in Kingston of the decision.

How busy the BHC in Kingston is.

Normally it can take anything from 6 weeks to 3 months before your spouse will get a letter asking them to bring their passport , TB certificate to have the visa stamped.

I emailed the determination of the adjuticator to the BHC and then emailed them on a regular basis, and the visa was issued after 7 weeks of the appeal decision

eutavene1
Newly Registered

Post by eutavene1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks Batley khan for your response is the 28 days the period in which the eco and kingston can appeal I thought they had 5 days ???
after the 28 days can i start to email kingston ???
thanks

BROOMIE
Newly Registered

Post by BROOMIE » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:00 am

Thank godness I was able to contact the AIT before this silly ban came out last week or so whereby only the appellant or the representative can make enquries. From what they say they HO has 12 days to challenge and the 12 days start from the proglumated date which is on the determination papers

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks Batley khan for your response is the 28 days the period in which the eco and kingston can appeal I thought they had 5 days ???
after the 28 days can i start to email kingston ???
thanks

I have read it on these forums whereby people have said it is 5, 8, 12 and 28 days.

I would personally start ringing/emailing them after 28 days, because the staff at busy BHC offices such as Kingston, Islamabad etc work at snails pace.

eutavene1
Newly Registered

Post by eutavene1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:03 am

thanks batley khan & broomie

man1976

Post by man1976 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:46 pm

My parents appeal was allowed in Feb 08 and we are still waiting for ISlamabad embassy to contact. I have sent several emails to Home office, and Islamabad embassy but no joy for the first 5 months..

I wrote to Home Office a month ago and got a response last friday that after sitting on the determination letter for 5 months they have finally sent it to Embassy and they have reminded them again because of my enquiry...

I would strongly recommend you to write to Home office after a month asking them if they have forwarded the determination letter to the embassy in Jamica.

Its Only after Embassy gets the determination letter they can act upon it.
and they can also take some time to do this

Man1976

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:06 pm

I would strongly recommend you to write to Home office after a month asking them if they have forwarded the determination letter to the embassy in Jamica
I scanned and saved my copy of the determination and then emailed it to the BHC in Islamabad. At least the BHC could not say they havent recieved it from the HO and AIT[/quote]

man1976

Post by man1976 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:45 pm

Unfortunately ur scan does not mean anything to them. Unless they dont recieve a copy from Home office they wont put the application in the que