ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alisattar09
Pakistan

Naturalisation Queries

Post by alisattar09 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:40 am

Hello I am making a naturalisation application and at the moment finalising my application so that I can submit it in next couple of days. I got ILR on 11th Nov 2018 thorough Tier2 general 5 year route. So its been one year and 9 months since I have got the ILR.
I need few clarifications from some senior members please before I hit the submit button.

1) For previous immigration applications section, I have listed all my previous application that I have made for the UK visas, but I dont know the date of application and biometric date for my PSW application and also dont know the reference number, date of application and biometric date for my Student visa application that I made in 2009 from Pakistan. They are not mandatory fields should I provide approx dates or just leave them?

2) my last 5 year qualification period will be considered from the date of application which will be 12/Aug/2020 or from my date of ILR started? If former is the case then my absences will be counted from 13/August/2020 and I should be present in the UK on that date too?

3) For the Residence requirement section I have said 'YES' since I fulfil all the criteria, so I dont understand why I have been asked 2 question in the special circumstances seection. I am guessing they both should be NO since I am fulfilling the Residence requirement cireteria?

4) From the Documetation checklist section,
  • proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions will my BRP showing ILR visa?
  • Proof of living in the UK for 5 years will be the scan copies of my passport immigration stamps from 13/August/2020?
  • Should the Referee declaration form needs to be hand signed by the referee and gluing my photo as we are scanning this as well? Also my one referee is a Medical Doctor not my GP but my family friend will it be ok?
  • Do we need to provide any proof of our employment in last 10 years (like p60, letter from employer etc) as Document Checklist is NOT asking for anything?
5) Last question, I am planning to travel abroad on 22nd of august and aiming to submit this application by 12th August. For Biometrics I am hoping I will be selected for IDV app option and if I dont get selected I will have to book a biometric appointment which I am guessing will around october 2020.
So is it OK that I can travel after 12th August and come back to the UK just to give biometric in October and then immediately fly out of the UK and then coming back again to attend the ceremony after 6 months?

Any senior memeber reposnse will be highly appreciated thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Queries

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:27 am

1. The question does say "if known".

2. It is the date if application when you submit and pay and the 5 years immediately preceding this date.

3. Answr no if not relevant.

4a. yes ilr brp card.
4b. Yes.
4c. Yes canned and uploaded. Fine. You only need one professional referee. Drs have however been take off the referee list a long time ago. Unclear if your other referee is a professional or not.
4d. No.

5. You are free to travel. However note that you are declaring in the application that you intend to make the UK your home. Is your itention to only get citizenship and then leave the UK for good? Also, ukvi could write to you to ask for documents or additional info. The backlog will be resolved soon and there is unlikely to be long delays for months to come.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bigshak
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bigshak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:53 am

So you can't use doctor as refere

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:08 am

If you are using the doctor as the personal referee not a professional, then fine no issue.

If HO is not happy with a referee, they will ask you for another one, but it is rare.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:27 am
1. The question does say "if known".

2. It is the date if application when you submit and pay and the 5 years immediately preceding this date.

3. Answr no if not relevant.

4a. yes ilr brp card.
4b. Yes.
4c. Yes canned and uploaded. Fine. You only need one professional referee. Drs have however been take off the referee list a long time ago. Unclear if your other referee is a professional or not.
4d. No.

5. You are free to travel. However note that you are declaring in the application that you intend to make the UK your home. Is your itention to only get citizenship and then leave the UK for good? Also, ukvi could write to you to ask for documents or additional info. The backlog will be resolved soon and there is unlikely to be long delays for months to come.
Thanks for your response CR001 really appreciate.
Yes my 1st referee is an IT Business Analyst and is a professional.
I am actually going Out of the UK for next 4 months and planNing to come back around December/January time.
Hence I thought its a good idea to apply Now for citizenship and by the time I will be back I will Be doing The ceremony with a hope that I do get selected for IDV app and dont have to come Back for my biometrics in between now and end of this year.
Yes I will be living permanently in The UK after citizenship and wont be leaving this beautiful country.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Also not on the HO list of professional referees. Have you read the guidance and the list?
I am actually going Out of the UK for next 4 months and planNing to come back around December/January time.
Hence I thought its a good idea to apply Now for citizenship and by the time I will be back I will Be doing The ceremony with a hope that I do get selected for IDV app and dont have to come Back for my biometrics in between now and end of this year.
There is no guarantee that you will be selected for the biometric reuse IDV app.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:53 pm
Also not on the HO list of professional referees. Have you read the guidance and the list?
There is no guarantee that you will be selected for the biometric reuse IDV app.
Can you send me the link to the referee guidance and list please? I havent had a look at that

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:22 pm
Page 24 in link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
Thank you. So i am choosing my 1st referee an Accountant and 2nd personal one my IT business analyst friend will it be ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:08 pm

alisattar09 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
Page 24 in link below.

Thank you. So i am choosing my 1st referee an Accountant and 2nd personal one my IT business analyst friend will it be ok?
That is fine. The first professional referee does NOT have to be British, they can be any nationality. Your second (friend) referee must be British and over 25 years of age.

Both referees must have known you for 3 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:08 pm
alisattar09 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
Page 24 in link below.

That is fine. The first professional referee does NOT have to be British, they can be any nationality. Your second (friend) referee must be British and over 25 years of age.

Both referees must have known you for 3 years.
Following from the above, for how does the referee know the applicant question, both perosnal and professional are my family friends is that the acceptable relationship?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:31 pm

That's fine to state friends. There is no requirement that it must be in a professional capacity or working with the person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)