ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I make a formal complaint if my application hasn’t been decided within a month?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Elderflower5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Should I make a formal complaint if my application hasn’t been decided within a month?

Post by Elderflower5 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:36 am

I am a non-EU citizen who applied for Settled Status at the end of June. I have not received a decision on my application. The website says applications shouldn’t take longer than a month. From what I understand applications take longer than a month if the applicant has a criminal record or if they’re applying based on a relationship not used on a previous application. None of these apply to me. Should I make a formal complaint on the Home Office website as I’ve waited over a month?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Should I make a formal complaint if my application hasn’t been decided within a month?

Post by THO » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:53 am

Have you heard of Corvid 19? It has caused a lot of delays in all sorts of things.

Elderflower5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Should I make a formal complaint if my application hasn’t been decided within a month?

Post by Elderflower5 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:04 am

But some people are being granted status in a few days even with the Covid crisis.

Desi Boy
United Kingdom

Post by Desi Boy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:56 am

Hi you just wait my friend I applied my settle status on 5 June and still got no response. Usually take longer for non EU citizen

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:25 pm

Elderflower5 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:36 am
I am a non-EU citizen who applied for Settled Status at the end of June. I have not received a decision on my application. The website says applications shouldn’t take longer than a month. From what I understand applications take longer than a month if the applicant has a criminal record or if they’re applying based on a relationship not used on a previous application. None of these apply to me. Should I make a formal complaint on the Home Office website as I’ve waited over a month?
One month is nothing these days. The last case I have seen in front of me, it took them 4 months to send the final email confirming the status (Settled).

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 pm

Why not.
In similar shoes.

Post by 1878 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Yes make a formal complaint as the current timeline has not been upheld. You have nothing to lose by complaining, in fact in my experience it sped up the process as my wife (non EEA National) with permanent residence got her settled status within 2 weeks of the complaint after having waited 6 months. My complaint was upheld as well as they found the application suffered from an “administrative error”.