ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

U Aziz
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by U Aziz » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:03 pm

TheTraveller wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:20 pm
U Aziz wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:07 pm
Any idea why they can’t send the invitation letters by email as they did it with the approvals?
It’s a really long wait considering paying a hefty amount for the application!
You should receive the invitation by email!
Oh Great! I thought we have to wait for it to be arriving by post, I had the approval for my application by email mid June.
So you reckon I should be refreshing my inbox more often rather than waiting for the postman!
Many thanks for your help!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:05 pm

U Aziz wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:03 pm
TheTraveller wrote:
U Aziz wrote:
Any idea why they can’t send the invitation letters by email as they did it with the approvals?
Oh Great! I thought we have to wait for it to be arriving by post, I had the approval for my application by email mid June.
So you reckon I should be refreshing my inbox more often rather than waiting for the postman!
As of my understanding ceremony invitation letters are received via post.

I think what user “the traveller” meant was, HO should consider sending it via email.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:07 pm

Anyone who got approved May/June have received their invitation letter?

Mayo101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mayo101 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:18 pm

I applied in october last year, got approval in May, no invitation letter yet

Mayo101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Mayo101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Jayrose17
South Africa

Post by Jayrose17 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:04 pm

Can you guys give me adress of change of adress. Waiting invitation.
Do I email citezenship support?
Cant find the reference.
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:08 pm

Jayrose17 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:04 pm
Can you guys give me adress of change of adress. Waiting invitation.
Do I email citezenship support?
Cant find the reference.
Thanks
Use:

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

Also email:

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

U Aziz
Pakistan

Post by U Aziz » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:05 pm
U Aziz wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:03 pm
TheTraveller wrote:
U Aziz wrote:
As of my understanding ceremony invitation letters are received via post.

I think what user “the traveller” meant was, HO should consider sending it via email.

Oh! Sorry misunderstood it.
Thanks for clarifying

Cost Manager
United Kingdom

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:34 am

I understand the frustration people are experiencing here. I have got my approval letter on 27th of July. Since then I am waiting. This wait is killing, especially when I am that near to get my passport. Doesn't make sense to me why HO cant issue an email invitation and we can get the ceremony straight away. There is a big back log in passport application too.

Sohail222
Pakistan

Post by Sohail222 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:51 am

Even though if you have your invitation letter you still can’t have your ceremony some council resumes other are still close this is frustrating my invitation letter received 5th August 2020 dated 24 March 2020 my Croydon council still not doing ceremony very frustrating....

U Aziz
Pakistan

Post by U Aziz » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:05 pm

Is there any telephone number for HO we can call and find out if the out invitation is printed yet or not?
I am worried that what if i loose it in the post and kept blaming the delays due to covid.

Thanks

Cost Manager
United Kingdom

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:50 pm

There is a telephone number on the top right corner of your decission letter.

Mayo101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mayo101 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:03 pm

I think if we all could post our timelines that would give us some indication on when to expect our invitation letter. As I see reading through the posts only people who were approved in March got their letters.

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi all hope that you are well

My council in North Wales is doing ceremonies ( no guests ) but they have not received my certificate
I also haven't received neither an invitation nor a decision letter .I only knew that mine is approves by a HO replying email sent to on the 20th of May

Fed up

Cost Manager
United Kingdom

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:17 pm

I applied 22nd of June and approved 27th of July. Still waiting for invitation letter eventhough my council is doing private ceremonies

igheorghe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by igheorghe » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:33 pm

Still waiting?! I was told that a decision was made on my application on 5th May as a reply to my enquiry (5th May the response date not the decision date) and chased them for the actual decision confirmation for 2 months now with no response....so 3 months wait so far to know the actual outcome, nevermind an invitation letter and you were approved in one month. I'd say you are rather very lucky than still waiting... if that makes sense?

Mayo101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mayo101 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:37 pm

Approval in month is indeed quick, I applied in October and got my approval in May after chasing HO

Cost Manager
United Kingdom

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:39 pm

igheorghe wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:33 pm
Still waiting?! I was told that a decision was made on my application on 5th May as a reply to my enquiry (5th May the response date not the decision date) and chased them for the actual decision confirmation for 2 months now with no response....so 3 months wait so far to know the actual outcome, nevermind an invitation letter and you were approved in one month. I'd say you are rather very lucky than still waiting... if that makes sense?
My case was very straight forward, I gave my biometrics at 22nd of July and got approved after 5 days. However I need to get my passport to my had asap. My residence card is about to expire and I don't want to apply for new one and I have travel booked soon. Printing a letter shouldn't be so difficult.

Cost Manager
United Kingdom

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:41 pm

Problem is even if get the ceremony sorted, passport application will be another pain because of backlog

igheorghe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by igheorghe » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:50 pm

Cost Manager wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:39 pm
igheorghe wrote:
My case was very straight forward, I gave my biometrics at 22nd of July and got approved after 5 days. However I need to get my passport to my had asap. My residence card is about to expire and I don't want to apply for new one and I have travel booked soon. Printing a letter shouldn't be so difficult.

Will all due respect, what makes you think that your case is more straight forward than others? 🤔
My case, EU citizen holding DCPR and continuous employment with no incidents etc applied and done biometrics in February. Just look forward to getting over with and never having to deal again with the HO. Anyhow, good luck with receiving your invitation soonest!

Mayo101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mayo101 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:53 pm

igheorghe wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:50 pm
Cost Manager wrote:
igheorghe wrote:

Will all due respect, what makes you think that your case is more straight forward than others? 🤔
My case, EU citizen holding DCPR and continuous employment with no incidents etc applied and done biometrics in February. Just look forward to getting over with and never having to deal again with the HO. Anyhow, good luck with receiving your invitation soonest!
Its a matter of luck! I have lived in the UK for 12 straight years, long residence with 5 years of employment and no incidence, but my case still took very long for them to decide

Cost Manager
United Kingdom

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:54 pm

igheorghe wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:50 pm
Cost Manager wrote:
igheorghe wrote:

I have 2 passports one of them is EU, and working last 12 years with no break. shown finances and assets etc. yours would be fast however you are unlucky with the pandemic as HO was shut for 3-4 months. I applied while they are re-awakening. Same here, just wanna get my passport, not to deal with HO and close my account in this forum

U Aziz
Pakistan

Post by U Aziz » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:27 pm

Just spoke to Nationality support team on ‭0300 123 2253‬ this afternoon.
They are saying that we should wait for the invitation letter btw 4-8 weeks after the decision date printed on the approval.
In my case it’s another 2 weeks before I can call them again.
Thought to share as this might help to some members in the similar situation.
Thanks

Cost Manager
United Kingdom

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:37 pm

U Aziz wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:27 pm
Just spoke to Nationality support team on ‭0300 123 2253‬ this afternoon.
They are saying that we should wait for the invitation letter btw 4-8 weeks after the decision date printed on the approval.
In my case it’s another 2 weeks before I can call them again.
Thought to share as this might help to some members in the similar situation.
Thanks
Thanks. This is good news. At least they put a time deadline which we can look up for. did they give any additional info why it takes long time?