ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kuultechy29
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by kuultechy29 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:21 pm

As informed earlier:

I submitted my application in last week of April.
Got the biometric reuse email on 4th July and thereafter the IDV App or Opt Out email on 1st Aug.

I informed solicitors to Opt Out and they did early last week.

Accidentally, On Thursday last week they found me an appointment for today @ Mark Lane and booked.

Submitted my biometrics today.
Fingers crossed now.
Mine is a Set LR.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:24 pm

At the end, I made my mind for OPT OUT. No emails so far, also no appointments available in UKVCAS.

By keeping in mind previous trends, they may start inviting people anytime. So need to wait patiently and respond when there is anything.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:35 pm

I applied on 12th of April.

4th of July email received for reuse biomentric.

I was double minded to opt out or not. I waited so long till now so why not wait for this app. This process have taught me how to be super patient ha !

This reuse of biomentric better work as mentioned or else this is going to make me so mad.

Fingers crossed.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:44 pm

kuultechy29 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:21 pm
As informed earlier:

I submitted my application in last week of April.
Got the biometric reuse email on 4th July and thereafter the IDV App or Opt Out email on 1st Aug.

I informed solicitors to Opt Out and they did early last week.

Accidentally, On Thursday last week they found me an appointment for today @ Mark Lane and booked.

Submitted my biometrics today.
Fingers crossed now.
Mine is a Set LR.
Happy for you, at-least that accident helped you to book an appointment, you lucky one.

There are chances that they may had sent biometric invitation and biometric reuse emails to July applicants all by accident (as there was no official announcement). :lol:

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:45 pm

I have also opted out today after thinking a lot. I hope that comes out as a good decision in the end. Has anyone able to view any appointments yet on the ukvcas website? I just checked and not able to view any... no idea how long that's gonna take to process our opt out emails. Also I can only view 6 to 8 centres on the website.... while they are saying they have opened many more centres?

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:34 pm

Why I did not OPT OUT

If you have OPTED IN you will only be tortured once by UKVI but If you have OPTED OUT you will be tortured twice, first by UKVCAS and then UKVI.
ZR

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:02 pm

I called ukvi today and they told that there's no timeframe for the app yet when its gonna launch plus it would be available in phases for those who applied in may and june probably in date order and then for those who applied in july. I wanted urgent response as have travel plans in near future, hence opted out in hope that there might be an appointment slot free anytime sooner.
I would have waited for the app... but it's so uncertain. Well it is uncertain with the appointments availability too. I would highly appreciate if you post the updates here when some one receive any link from ukvcas for those who opted out to book an appointment. As mentioned in the email as w/c 10th August.
Let's hope to hear something soon.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:03 pm

For ILR Set 0:

Do we also need to upload the "Document Checklist" on UKVCAS portal, after tick mark on check boxes?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:05 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:03 pm
For ILR Set 0:

Do we also need to upload the "Document Checklist" on UKVCAS portal, after tick mark on check boxes?
No. It is only for your own records.

PS this question is not related to this topic. Please keep all your other questions in your existing thread.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1920598
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:19 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:05 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:03 pm
For ILR Set 0:

No. It is only for your own records.

PS this question is not related to this topic. Please keep all your other questions in your existing thread.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1920598
thanks for your inputs

Sorry, I will be careful in tagging my query in the right category.

cosmictbt
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by cosmictbt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:25 pm

Do you think the files are being examined in UKVCAS without biometrics?

Thomas_84
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thomas_84 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:55 pm

JULY APPLICANT wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:50 am
I too opted out, sent an email just now. We shall see what happens next. I keep my fingers crossed for everyone in this group.

Anyone with a magic wand can see the forecast of appointment availability in Birmingham area?
Hi,

Did you get any email today after sending out the 'OPT OUT' email last week? Let them take their own time developing their APP. Please let me know if anyone gets an email update after opting out. Thanks.

Regards,
A frustrated immigrant

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:57 pm

cosmictbt wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:25 pm
Do you think the files are being examined in UKVCAS without biometrics?
You never know...

JULY APPLICANT
Newly Registered
India

Post by JULY APPLICANT » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:00 pm

Thomas_84 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:55 pm
JULY APPLICANT wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:50 am
I too opted out, sent an email just now. We shall see what happens next. I keep my fingers crossed for everyone in this group.

Anyone with a magic wand can see the forecast of appointment availability in Birmingham area?
Hi,

Did you get any email today after sending out the 'OPT OUT' email last week? Let them take their own time developing their APP. Please let me know if anyone gets an email update after opting out. Thanks.

Regards,
A frustrated immigrant
Nothing yet

sk1984

Post by sk1984 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:04 pm

zzzindagi wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:34 pm
Why I did not OPT OUT

If you have OPTED IN you will only be tortured once by UKVI but If you have OPTED OUT you will be tortured twice, first by UKVCAS and then UKVI.
I am laughing at this comment as I had same thought while deciding not to opt out. You cannot escape bullet twice.Absolute shambles :oops:

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:53 pm

Does anyone have chance to see any appointment available / able to book appointment after opting out as 10aug is the deadline to opt out.

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:59 pm

I been waiting and waiting and waiting since they open the biometric centres and there is always another day waiting for my turn as I applied in April and then someone idiot thought to put us in new stupid NOT READY idea to use the old fingerprint and then waited and waited then they decided after wasting 6 weeks with nothing for us other than wait the f App and then send us emails saying sorry now you can opt out if you want !!!! Opted out in hope to book appointment today but guess what its like the rest of the days i been waiting NOTHING RECEIVED we been treated unfairly when people who applied in Jun and July got decision already!!! Another day to wait and guess what we almost in September just hate them and hate whole situation

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:10 pm

Coco321 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:59 pm
Another day to wait and guess what we almost in September just hate them and hate whole situation
Exactly my feelings. Another day has passed. It will be 2 weeks since they offered opt out as a quick option. Unfair, injustice, discriminating. Nonsense. And, I have been waiting since 29 March. I am fuming!

I hate it when they announce something and say "week commencing" "few weeks" like having a laugh. What kind of company gives vague deadlines like this? I am just disgusted at whole situation.

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:17 pm

tbp wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:10 pm
Coco321 wrote:
Another day to wait and guess what we almost in September just hate them and hate whole situation
Exactly my feelings. Another day has passed. It will be 2 weeks since they offered opt out as a quick option. Unfair, injustice, discriminating. Nonsense. And, I have been waiting since 29 March. I am fuming!

I hate it when they announce something and say "week commencing" "few weeks" like having a laugh. What kind of company gives vague deadlines like this? I am just disgusted at whole situation.
I applied in 16 of April you even worst than all of us as you only two days after the last lot they take to do the biometric appointment was 27 of march so if the stupid idiot one that thought about the reuse fingerprint wasn’t applied to us you would be done by now and received decision
I thought im the worst here but when i know about your story that you applied 29 of march i feel even more for you

BTY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BTY » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:29 am

I applied on 28th March with all carefully prepared documents. I am working as a General Manager and have to go meetings abroad. So frustrating as none of the tackle taken by ukvi to accelerate results did not worked for me. Firstly, promising previous finger print reusage, Later on IDP application and than if urgently situation optout.
Hoped all day to get an email for appointment would allowing me for an earlier time as having been waited from March 28.
It is really unfair as some others already got brp just applied too later after me.
I lost my trust already to this system and officials.

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:43 am

BTY wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:29 am
I applied on 28th March with all carefully prepared documents. I am working as a General Manager and have to go meetings abroad. So frustrating as none of the tackle taken by ukvi to accelerate results did not worked for me. Firstly, promising previous finger print reusage, Later on IDP application and than if urgently situation optout.
Hoped all day to get an email for appointment would allowing me for an earlier time as having been waited from March 28.
It is really unfair as some others already got brp just applied too later after me.
I lost my trust already to this system and officials.

Welcome to the club

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:57 am

This is a scandal and mess by HO.

Indirectly misleading applicants - (March, April, May applicants)

People have lost jobs, damage to career, strain on relationships, financial issues, couldnt go to family funerals, mental health issues and god knows how many long lasting issues this incompetent mismanaged unsure organisation have caused.

If they want to reduce migration then they must use a different ways, not these sly tactics.

We should be compensated like what they did for Windrush immigrants !

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:07 am

This morning I was going through LinkedIn account of UKVCAS’s managing director. In his bio he describes himself as “obsessively focusing on customers problems” 😂
It makes me really laugh at their incompetence to not even see that they’re disastrous company entrusted to resolve immigration problems.

usernameswan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by usernameswan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:18 am

Coco321 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:17 pm
tbp wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:10 pm
Coco321 wrote:

I applied in 16 of April you even worst than all of us as you only two days after the last lot they take to do the biometric appointment was 27 of march so if the stupid idiot one that thought about the reuse fingerprint wasn’t applied to us you would be done by now and received decision
I thought im the worst here but when i know about your story that you applied 29 of march i feel even more for you
May applicant, feel exactly the same way as you guys. I kept checking my email box the whole day...

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:39 am

hobba2008 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:07 am
This morning I was going through LinkedIn account of UKVCAS’s managing director. In his bio he describes himself as “obsessively focusing on customers problems” 😂
It makes me really laugh at their incompetence to not even see that they’re disastrous company entrusted to resolve immigration problems.
His customer is UKVI not us. He cares about them and the board members. We are nothing to him. Simple as that.