ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year work history for refugee applicant

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chrisybrie
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

10 year work history for refugee applicant

Post by chrisybrie » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:16 pm

Hi all,

I am helping my mum complete her application for naturalisation and just wanted to clarify something before going ahead.

She was granted refugee status on the 9 June 2010 and ILR on the 29th June 2015. We had been waiting for the 10 years to lapse so that she can apply for naturalisation with 10 years clean history.

However, when filling the application, I found that she Had this job from September 2008- September 2010 and then started a new job on 25th of October 2010.

I had put down the job starting 25th of October as the earliest Job for the 10 year work history. Let’s say I submit the application this month, will this be okay or I will have to declare the other Job that covers August and September 2010 too? I am little worried as it stretches back to the period she wasn’t allowed to work. Will it be better to wait and send the application in October instead or it’s okay to send it this month?

Sorry for the long message. Hopefully those who have experienced this in the past can help.

Thanks a lot.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 year work history for refugee applicant

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:02 pm

Hello

When someone is illegal in the UK then applies for naturalisation, what the Home Office is after is not the period when the person was illegal but when the person was working.

Working is a more serious violation than just being illegally in the UK.

So ideally, October being just around the corner, put the application on ice until then.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: 10 year work history for refugee applicant

Post by London22 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:42 pm

chrisybrie wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:16 pm
Hi all,

I am helping my mum complete her application for naturalisation and just wanted to clarify something before going ahead.

She was granted refugee status on the 9 June 2010 and ILR on the 29th June 2015. We had been waiting for the 10 years to lapse so that she can apply for naturalisation with 10 years clean history.

However, when filling the application, I found that she Had this job from September 2008- September 2010 and then started a new job on 25th of October 2010.

I had put down the job starting 25th of October as the earliest Job for the 10 year work history. Let’s say I submit the application this month, will this be okay or I will have to declare the other Job that covers August and September 2010 too? I am little worried as it stretches back to the period she wasn’t allowed to work. Will it be better to wait and send the application in October instead or it’s okay to send it this month?

Sorry for the long message. Hopefully those who have experienced this in the past can help.

Thanks a lot.
The best way to deal with such questions is just to skip the employment page as employment isn't essential to show to home office and home office simply can't refuse on this basis that an applicant hasn't provided their employment details in last 10 years ,if they refuse this would be so wicked and can easily be challenged for judicial review.Sometimes applicants should be smart enough to get away from something bothersome.Likewise some refugees when applying for ILR send payslips and bank statements and employment details which is unnecessary &have no impact on the application.Goodluck.