ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ILR English question

Post by Fahadnari » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi there

I have a question regarding English language test requirements for ILR. When I entered UK in Sept'2015 on my Tier 2 general I was awarded 10 points for a degree taught in English. Do I still need to get the degree validation done by NARIC for ILR? My company lawyers say it's not required as it was already proven that I have a degree in English but I am not able to find any reference to change being applied only from 2016 and retrospectively.

Please advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 ILR English question

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:50 pm

Fahadnari wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:00 pm
Hi there

I have a question regarding English language test requirements for ILR. When I entered UK in Sept'2015 on my Tier 2 general I was awarded 10 points for a degree taught in English. Do I still need to get the degree validation done by NARIC for ILR? My company lawyers say it's not required as it was already proven that I have a degree in English but I am not able to find any reference to change being applied only from 2016 and retrospectively.

Please advice.
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Post by Fahadnari » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Thanks. I guess i can use my degree certificate which is equivalent for B1 qualification and it was only used for my tier 2 application and nothing else. :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:29 pm

Fahadnari wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:31 pm
Thanks. I guess i can use my degree certificate which is equivalent for B1 qualification and it was only used for my tier 2 application and nothing else. :D
Yes but through NARIC comparability report instead the UKBA qualification calculator which ceases to exist from sometime.

https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ILR question

Post by Fahadnari » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:52 pm

Hi folks

Need some help/guidance from you all.

Solicitors from my office submitted ILR Set (O) application on 14th August 2020. Post my submission I haven't received email from UKVi for biometrics yet or asking for further documents.

I went on Twitter to check with UKVCAS if they have received my application and I provided my unique identification number and other details but to my surprise they said they *have not* received my application in their system 😫. UKVCAS said I need to click on some continue button on the book appointment page for it to appear in their system

I have the confirmation that application is submitted and payment has been debited but they can't find the application. I have passed on the info to my solicitors asking to double check

Can someone provide guidance on the application submission process ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Tier 2 ILR question

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:55 pm

Have you registered an account on UKVCAS or not? There is a possibility your solicitor did not register your account on UKVCAS yet and only submitted and paid via UKVI.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 ILR question

Post by Fahadnari » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:19 pm

Hey cullinan

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't registered on UKVCAS yet, my solicitor said after the application is submitted we need to wait for an email from UKVI for resuse of biometrics or we would be asked to book an appointment to submit biometrics.

How do I register on UKVCAS? Will I get an email to sign-up or do I just sign-up on my own ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Fahadnari wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:19 pm
Hey cullinan

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't registered on UKVCAS yet, my solicitor said after the application is submitted we need to wait for an email from UKVI for resuse of biometrics or we would be asked to book an appointment to submit biometrics.

How do I register on UKVCAS? Will I get an email to sign-up or do I just sign-up on my own ?
You should have registered an account on UKVCAS right away after you paid and submitted your application. Your solicitor misguided you or you misunderstood. After that, you should have waited for next steps via email.
You will see “book an appointment” tab on the further actions page Step 7.
Press book an appointment.
System will reroute you to UKVCAS website.
Create an account on UKVCAS.
You will be sent a code to verify in your registered email. Usually it lands up in junk folder.

If registered email is solicitor’s email, only he/she can do that.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Post by Fahadnari » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:29 pm

Hi Cullinan

Looks like my solicitors have missed this 2nd part of creating a UKVCAS account and linking up the application and they just stopped after payment stage.

I will get in touch with them on Monday and ask them to fix this as the application was also submitted using their UKVI account. Thanks a lot for your help.
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:21 pm
Fahadnari wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:19 pm
Hey cullinan

Thanks for your reply.

You should have registered an account on UKVCAS right away after you paid and submitted your application. Your solicitor misguided you or you misunderstood. After that, you should have waited for next steps via email.
You will see “book an appointment” tab on the further actions page Step 7.
Press book an appointment.
System will reroute you to UKVCAS website.
Create an account on UKVCAS.
You will be sent a code to verify in your registered email. Usually it lands up in junk folder.

If registered email is solicitor’s email, only he/she can do that.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:37 pm

You should ask them to register your account on UKVCAS asap. They have already wasted 19 days and most likely you will be considered in Sep pool for biometrics. Had you registered an account on UKVCAS on 14th Aug, most probably you would be attending an appointment now as the booking appointment system is open for applicants who submitted on 14th Aug.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Post by Fahadnari » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:46 pm

Yes will do that ASAP. I had no idea about this and as a legal rep they should have known better. I am going to mention this HR about this bad job they have done. I have been waiting for my ILR decision so that I can apply for my family's tier 2 PBS extension. Thanks again for your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:55 pm

apply for my family's tier 2 PBS extension
I can see from your previous history that your dependent’s visa will expire on 14th Oct. Just making you aware, you MUST apply before their visa expiry regardless if you have a decision by then or not. Just a heads up.

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Post by Fahadnari » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:06 pm

Yes I intend to apply next week, I am in the process of getting the paper work sorted and drafting the cover letter. Thanks for letting me know