ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Baydaar
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Baydaar » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:02 pm

Another working day passed and still no sign of booking offer from Sopra ,for opted out candidates. Just 3 more working days left, what a shame, they just played with the emotions of their customers. Then another week will start, I think they will keep us hanging in uncertainty and depression.

Enrique1
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Enrique1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:16 pm
Enrique1 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:47 am
Hi Cullinan,

So question is can I travel in the meantime as there are different views on this
Hello, no you can NOT travel. You most probably would have read my comments in the British Citizenship (BC) forum. Note, ILR falls under the immigration rules and British Citizenship falls under the Nationality Law.

If you have applied for ILR or any immigration application, you can NOT travel even if you have the originals. The previous user rightly pointed it out. If you do, your application will be considered withdrawn.

Anyone who ALREADY has ILR and has applied for BC, has no restrictions to travel.

Hope it is clear now.
Thank you Cullinan and Typhoon,

I knew about this detail for travel from my memory but the guy in the help call center for CIH-Covid at 0800 681767 told I can travel so thought "Is there any new procedure as goodwill support for immigrants who are in difficult situation. May be expecting too much considerate behaviour from them :).
I wish they had done this... but an not take a risk unless I receive an email reply to my enquiry on this resent yesterday after 3 weeks wait with no reply... as this call center agent did not want to send this information to me by email.
This is a bit shame on them now as they are not giving correct advise in this critical period then... £2400 fee and this is the service for better tax payers than many passport holders since birth!!!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:16 pm
Enrique1 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:47 am
Hi Cullinan,

So question is can I travel in the meantime as there are different views on this
Hello, no you can NOT travel. You most probably would have read my comments in the British Citizenship (BC) forum. Note, ILR falls under the immigration rules and British Citizenship falls under the Nationality Law.

If you have applied for ILR or any immigration application, you can NOT travel even if you have the originals. The previous user rightly pointed it out. If you do, your application will be considered withdrawn.

Anyone who ALREADY has ILR and has applied for BC, has no restrictions to travel.

Hope it is clear now.
@Enrique1
As you have seen the rules, travelling is not allowed without withdrawing the application. However, if you haven't given biometrics, you should be able to claim refund from Home Office if you do plan to travel. Please check this link for more info.
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
Cheers

imma8080
India

Post by imma8080 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:30 pm

Many people here have commented out their opinions and frustration (justifiably). I applied for ILR (Set O) along with my wife and my son in May and put into reuse group.

My belief is that, UKVI have already made the decisions for the applications that have been submitted based on emails that were sent out and the document submission option in the UKVCAS site, that went directly to UKVI.

Its only the bio-metrics piece that need to be done to get a decision. The whole exercise of the App etc is a time buying exercise, in my opinion as normally someone doesn't start things from scratch in the time of crisis, they want to manage with things that they have.

The whole crisis took the world by surprise and caught everyone off guard , UKVI is no exception to that but in my opinion, they could have handled things better.

My feeling is that, they want to clear backlog of work pertaining to British nationals or people applying to British nationality and then address the requests/issues of immigrants.

I wonder what cost someone has to pay in order for this shambles and exploitation to be over. Take away bio-metrics from post office and handing contracts to private companies who in turn exploit people with paid appo and look for money making opportunity.

I opted-out on the deadline day (Aug 7) because I don't how the efficiency of the app and will it work as expected etc .

tc988
Newly Registered
China

Post by tc988 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:41 pm

I don’t think they are making interim decisions already. I have very low expectations now.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:43 pm

Barry465 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:54 pm
tbp wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:22 pm
If they didn't close down for whole 2 months, this wouldn't happen. I can understand the immediate closure right after lockdown, but stopping an essential service for whole 2 months while doing nothing was a disaster.

Supermarkets implemented the changes super quick, protecting shoppers and their employees. In Aldi where I live, they installed the protective screens in a week for instance. Morrisons installed safe systems within weeks in the middle of pandemic. They were productive and carried on improving the queueing systems. And supermarkets didn't have appointment systems. They welcomed thousands of people a day. And these businesses have hundreds and hundreds of stores across the country.

But UKVCAS with only handful of offices, a service which accepts people by appointment only, couldn't sort out the problems for almost 5 months now. Clearly Sopra Steria is not fit for purpose.
Aerotony wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:10 pm
Just called the UKVCAS. They said 1) the Home Office randomly picked people to join the ‘biometric reuse’ group, and 2) currently there are more than 15000 applicants waiting for the appointment or IDV app 3) there’s no ETA for the appointment booking email for the applicants choose to opt out.
For me this is the biggest travesty and the biggest sign of incompetence. They should have cut off the applications, yet they continued to allow people to pay - whilst not really doing anything. Aka they were happy to accept peoples money. If they wanted to take months to get the social distancing stuff in order, fine, but then the income stream should have been cut off.

To be honest, the biggest mistake that people made was continuing to apply over lockdown. As it ensured that the urgency wasn't there.
They can't cut off because otherwise some people will be seen as "overstay" if their visa is about to expire and they aren't allowed to apply!

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:58 pm

As we are all waited and there has been nothing received from UKVACS may i sign of with this quote by Donald Rumsfeld;

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know", good evening to all.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:42 pm

tbp wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:22 pm
If they didn't close down for whole 2 months, this wouldn't happen. I can understand the immediate closure right after lockdown, but stopping an essential service for whole 2 months while doing nothing was a disaster.

Supermarkets implemented the changes super quick, protecting shoppers and their employees. In Aldi where I live, they installed the protective screens in a week for instance. Morrisons installed safe systems within weeks in the middle of pandemic. They were productive and carried on improving the queueing systems. And supermarkets didn't have appointment systems. They welcomed thousands of people a day. And these businesses have hundreds and hundreds of stores across the country.

But UKVCAS with only handful of offices, a service which accepts people by appointment only, couldn't sort out the problems for almost 5 months now. Clearly Sopra Steria is not fit for purpose.
Aerotony wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:10 pm
Just called the UKVCAS. They said 1) the Home Office randomly picked people to join the ‘biometric reuse’ group, and 2) currently there are more than 15000 applicants waiting for the appointment or IDV app 3) there’s no ETA for the appointment booking email for the applicants choose to opt out.
Bold incompetence. I still cannot come to terms with the fact that ukvi and ukvcas slept for 2 months before realising they should open to public! Where are we???

Thomas_84
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thomas_84 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:47 am

Baydaar wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:02 pm
Another working day passed and still no sign of booking offer from Sopra ,for opted out candidates. Just 3 more working days left, what a shame, they just played with the emotions of their customers. Then another week will start, I think they will keep us hanging in uncertainty and depression.
Hope they will sent us an email at least by Friday this week.

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:26 am

Just realized that I’ve sent the opt-out email to admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com . UKVAS? Is it a typo or they did it on purpose?

usernameswan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by usernameswan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:37 am

Aerotony wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:26 am
Just realized that I’ve sent the opt-out email to admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com . UKVAS? Is it a typo or they did it on purpose?
I think it's the address they included in that opt out email.

Hope it's just another 'tiny' mistake they made, like those grammar mistakes they made in their Twitter account...

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rain_ » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:53 am

Aerotony wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:26 am
I hope not! Surely they wouldn't have made such a mistake, right?

admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com - I just went back and checked, this is definitely the address that was written in the email. I copied and pasted the email as shown to avoid any typos before sending the opt-out email.

I think if it was a bad email it would have bounced back with a delivery failure, need to stay positive during these times, let's hope they don't let us down.

watsonkp
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by watsonkp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:09 am

I sent my opt-out to that email too (admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com), and I think it would've bounced back if it was wrong. I just sent a test email with a deliberate typo (admon.ukvcas) and it bounced back within minutes. Hopefully all is ok.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:17 am

watsonkp wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:09 am
I sent my opt-out to that email too (admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com), and I think it would've bounced back if it was wrong. I just sent a test email with a deliberate typo (admon.ukvcas) and it bounced back within minutes. Hopefully all is ok.
I just did a bit of googling and I think that the admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com is the email to use for those applying outside the UK, whereas admin.ukvcas@soprasteria.com is the email in the UK.

However, it doesn't mean that they are not checking the UKVAS one. Maybe worth forwarding to the UKVCAS one?

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:30 am

watsonkp wrote:
I agree, if somehow our email has ended up in the wrong email address, then we all are "Opt-ed In" category. :?

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:39 am

Is there any one who has received emails after opting out.

nbbr
Newly Registered
India

Post by nbbr » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:06 am

"If you opt out on or up to 17:00 (5 pm) on 10 August 2020, UKVCAS will send you an email during week commencing 10 August 2020 inviting you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point."

On the basis of this line, I am hoping that we will receive it within this week!

Though I am surprised that no-one has received an invite yet, anyone?

watsonkp
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by watsonkp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:13 am

saliame wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:30 am
watsonkp wrote:
I agree, if somehow our email has ended up in the wrong email address, then we all are "Opt-ed In" category. :?
Just forwarded my opt-out email to admin.ukvcas@soprasteria.com and it bounced back. Looks like the address they gave us was correct.

watsonkp
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by watsonkp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:13 am

saliame wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:30 am
watsonkp wrote:
Just forwarded my opt-out email to admin.ukvcas@soprasteria.com and it bounced back. Looks like the address they gave us was correct.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:44 am

One thing I just don’t understand is that I saw some applicants get direct email from caseworkers requesting documents. Why does it apply on SOME applicants ? Is it because they earn more money and their route is more important? While rest of the applicants need to wait ?

Thomas_84
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thomas_84 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:52 am

Gilo wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:53 pm
Does anyone have chance to see any appointment available / able to book appointment after opting out as 10aug is the deadline to opt out.
Hi guys,
Did anyone get any email update after opting out of the IDV app?
Regards,
A dejected immigrant

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:56 am

Gilo wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:44 am
One thing I just don’t understand is that I saw some applicants get direct email from caseworkers requesting documents. Why does it apply on SOME applicants ? Is it because they earn more money and their route is more important? While rest of the applicants need to wait ?
Its not the case, if you are referring Set to (O) then not all set(O) have been asked for the documents, I thing its the way they were processing in July, since Aug even in late July I haven't seen anyone who was asked for the documents. I might be wrong but thats how I look.

PS: I applied for Set (O)

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:18 am

saliame wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:56 am
Gilo wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:44 am
Its not the case, if you are referring Set to (O) then not all set(O) have been asked for the documents, I thing its the way they were processing in July, since Aug even in late July I haven't seen anyone who was asked for the documents. I might be wrong but thats how I look.

PS: I applied for Set (O)
I was asked for docs in May, applied in April, but at this stage I am not sure what is happening at all, opted out and praying to receive an email to book an appointment this week as promised :|

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:19 am

Hi All,

Here is an update from my side:

This morning I attended biometric appointment for my minor child's application (SET-F) in Norwich, as she was not selected for Biometric reuse.
- Me and my wife's application is SET (LR)- both of us are in biometric reuse pool and waiting for IDV app's communication.
- The process was smooth, with just us at the appointment center, friendly staff and the entire process was over in 30 minutes.
- They only required her passport, fingure prints, photograph and my passport.
- After collection the above and checking the documents submitted online, they finally submitted her application to UKVI as a complete application.- This means, unless the biometrics are fully collected (via appointment or via IDV app), the application is not fully submitted to UKVI.

On discussing about the application process.

-We were told that UKVCAS and UKVI are dealing with a backlog of 127,000 applications.
-They do not have any information when will IDV app will be available and asked us to contact UKVI helpline.
-They do not believe that my child's application (SET-F) will be impacted because UKVI has not given a decision our applications (Set-LR), but also mentioned that during these times UKVI should use common sense and must refer the applications of the parents that's pending with them.

Thomas_84
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thomas_84 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:29 am

SIyer wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:33 pm
Not sure if anyone has noticed but the flash message on the UKVCAS site has changed since I last noticed.

"UKVCAS service points remain closed for the safety of our staff and customers. Following the changes in Public Health England guidance we are developing plans to support a controlled, phased restart of operations in conjunction with UKVI. Our priority remains the safety of customers and staff to ensure we deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines. We appreciate customers’ patience as we develop these plans and assure that it is safe to restart services. Further information will be provided in the coming weeks. Read more detailed advice"

Looks like they're planning for when the next phase of the lockdown measures get relaxed.
Their next phase may come only next month 🤣.