ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nbbr
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by nbbr » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:40 am

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:19 am
Hi All,

Here is an update from my side:

This morning I attended biometric appointment for my minor child's application (SET-F) in Norwich, as she was not selected for Biometric reuse.
- Me and my wife's application is SET (LR)- both of us are in biometric reuse pool and waiting for IDV app's communication.
- The process was smooth, with just us at the appointment center, friendly staff and the entire process was over in 30 minutes.
- They only required her passport, fingure prints, photograph and my passport.
- After collection the above and checking the documents submitted online, they finally submitted her application to UKVI as a complete application.- This means, unless the biometrics are fully collected (via appointment or via IDV app), the application is not fully submitted to UKVI.

On discussing about the application process.

-We were told that UKVCAS and UKVI are dealing with a backlog of 127,000 applications.
-They do not have any information when will IDV app will be available and asked us to contact UKVI helpline.
-They do not believe that my child's application (SET-F) will be impacted because UKVI has not given a decision our applications (Set-LR), but also mentioned that during these times UKVI should use common sense and must refer the applications of the parents that's pending with them.
Interesting information on the application backlog, someone on page 106 said that they said to have 15000 appointment/IDV backlog. Can't imagine this big gap in appointment/IDV requests and applications.

atao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by atao » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:45 am

nbbr wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:40 am
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:19 am
Hi All,

Here is an update from my side:

This morning I attended biometric appointment for my minor child's application (SET-F) in Norwich, as she was not selected for Biometric reuse.
- Me and my wife's application is SET (LR)- both of us are in biometric reuse pool and waiting for IDV app's communication.
- The process was smooth, with just us at the appointment center, friendly staff and the entire process was over in 30 minutes.
- They only required her passport, fingure prints, photograph and my passport.
- After collection the above and checking the documents submitted online, they finally submitted her application to UKVI as a complete application.- This means, unless the biometrics are fully collected (via appointment or via IDV app), the application is not fully submitted to UKVI.

On discussing about the application process.

-We were told that UKVCAS and UKVI are dealing with a backlog of 127,000 applications.
-They do not have any information when will IDV app will be available and asked us to contact UKVI helpline.
-They do not believe that my child's application (SET-F) will be impacted because UKVI has not given a decision our applications (Set-LR), but also mentioned that during these times UKVI should use common sense and must refer the applications of the parents that's pending with them.
Interesting information on the application backlog, someone on page 106 said that they said to have 15000 appointment/IDV backlog. Can't imagine this big gap in appointment/IDV requests and applications.
According to their statistics below 127,000 doesn't sound very reasonable, I hope the person who told you that had no idea what he/she was talking about.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... statistics

Thomas_84
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thomas_84 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:52 am

usernameswan wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:18 am
Coco321 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:17 pm
tbp wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:10 pm
Coco321 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:59 pm
Another day to wait and guess what we almost in September just hate them and hate whole situation
Exactly my feelings. Another day has passed. It will be 2 weeks since they offered opt out as a quick option. Unfair, injustice, discriminating. Nonsense. And, I have been waiting since 29 March. I am fuming!

I hate it when they announce something and say "week commencing" "few weeks" like having a laugh. What kind of company gives vague deadlines like this? I am just disgusted at whole situation.
I applied in 16 of April you even worst than all of us as you only two days after the last lot they take to do the biometric appointment was 27 of march so if the stupid idiot one that thought about the reuse fingerprint wasn’t applied to us you would be done by now and received decision
I thought im the worst here but when i know about your story that you applied 29 of march i feel even more for you
May applicant, feel exactly the same way as you guys. I kept checking my email box the whole day...
Hello guys,
Yes, I also check my email every now & then. They could have just maintained the direct appointment policy itself month-wise rather than trying to innovate using some App especially under the current situation. Already, we are stuck in home this year. To add fuel to the fire, they have aggravated the situation by bringing in their Biometric re-use policy. They should at least allow us to somehow book online somewhere this month at whatever cost. We can wear face coverings & go to the visa centres. Everyone can go to Beaches, pubs, parks, shops, banks, bus station, train station, etc but can't go to the visa centres. It's absolutely unfair & I am totally upset.
Kind Regards,
A distressed immigrant

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:02 pm

Yeah, I would understand the delay if there was a lockdown still and they weren't actually accepting anybody for appointments. But there has been no lockdown for over 2 months now and they have been accepting July applicants for appointments.

So basically it is a management failure and nothing else.

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Applied --> SET (O) 06-May-2020, through reputed solicitor
Documents asked -->15 May, uploaded

No biometrics till now, Solicitor reached the HOME OFFICE as they are the Premium Partners and escalated the case. They say that Sopra Steria is not offering any credible advice. Yesterday i blasted these solicitors about my status , they said we are expecting some news this week. I guess the struggle is only for the people applied in March, April and May...

People who applied in June/July got their approvals...so frustrating...I am not sure what is the rationale of not processing the backlog applications.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:13 pm

Norwich is a new center they opened up to deal with the backlog of the appointments like many other new centers. The number he gave me was the reason the center was opened up as per him and this could be the overall number in all the categories not just ILR or non-EU visa applications.

Numbers are numbers and they should have been able to forecast based on the past year's trends, so either 15k or 127k..these numbers have not piled up overnight but increased as remained pending for 10 weeks.

We are ultimately at the receiving end as we are waiting for our biometric submission via the IDV app or via the appointment for months... with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Thomas_84
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thomas_84 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:13 pm

Gilo wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:44 am
One thing I just don’t understand is that I saw some applicants get direct email from caseworkers requesting documents. Why does it apply on SOME applicants ? Is it because they earn more money and their route is more important? While rest of the applicants need to wait ?
Hi,

Just for your information. Whether or not you get direct email from case workers, it does not make much difference. Because unless we submit our facial images, the visa process won't proceed further.

Regards,
A patient immigrant

JULY APPLICANT
Newly Registered
India

Post by JULY APPLICANT » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:15 pm

No sign of the much awaited email, not even for the people opted out before 7th August.
I keep checking my mail box every now only to find no update from UKVCAS, this is frustrating.

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:46 pm

atao wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:45 am

According to their statistics below 127,000 doesn't sound very reasonable, I hope the person who told you that had no idea what he/she was talking about.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... statistics
I totally agree with you, they as well as UKVCAS customer service don't really bother about consequences of giving out incorrect information, they don't really consider whats on stake or what level of stress someone can go through with incorrect information, basically they lack empathy which is one of the key element of Customer Service.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:56 pm

Thomas_84 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:13 pm
Gilo wrote:
One thing I just don’t understand is that I saw some applicants get direct email from caseworkers requesting documents. Why does it apply on SOME applicants ? Is it because they earn more money and their route is more important? While rest of the applicants need to wait ?
Hi,

Just for your information. Whether or not you get direct email from case workers, it does not make much difference. Because unless we submit our facial images, the visa process won't proceed further.

Regards,
A patient immigrant
I just feel the whole management is unorganized as they just want to do things that they think is good but it isn’t in reality....

iyadsalti
United Kingdom

Post by iyadsalti » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:02 pm

atto123 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:10 pm

No biometrics till now, Solicitor reached the HOME OFFICE as they are the Premium Partners and escalated the case. They say that Sopra Steria is not offering any credible advice. Yesterday i blasted these solicitors about my status , they said we are expecting some news this week. I guess the struggle is only for the people applied in March, April and May...

People who applied in June/July got their approvals...so frustrating...I am not sure what is the rationale of not processing the backlog applications.
Not very true, I applied in June, straight forward Set (o) T2G, got email from Wandscontingency to share documents and did my biometircs, but nothing yet except dead silence. I am not sure if many people are in a similar situation like mine or if I am a special case.

Thomas_84
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thomas_84 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:03 pm

Ptnbbr wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:18 am
saliame wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:56 am
Gilo wrote:
Its not the case, if you are referring Set to (O) then not all set(O) have been asked for the documents, I thing its the way they were processing in July, since Aug even in late July I haven't seen anyone who was asked for the documents. I might be wrong but thats how I look.

PS: I applied for Set (O)
I was asked for docs in May, applied in April, but at this stage I am not sure what is happening at all, opted out and praying to receive an email to book an appointment this week as promised :|
Yes I am also now praying every day to get an email this week itself before Friday 5:30 pm to book an appointment. Let's hope for the best.

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:20 pm

Thomas_84 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:03 pm
Ptnbbr wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:18 am
saliame wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:56 am
Gilo wrote:
Its not the case, if you are referring Set to (O) then not all set(O) have been asked for the documents, I thing its the way they were processing in July, since Aug even in late July I haven't seen anyone who was asked for the documents. I might be wrong but thats how I look.

PS: I applied for Set (O)
I was asked for docs in May, applied in April, but at this stage I am not sure what is happening at all, opted out and praying to receive an email to book an appointment this week as promised :|
Yes I am also now praying every day to get an email this week itself before Friday 5:30 pm to book an appointment. Let's hope for the best.
Hopefully Universe is on our side and it will happen these few days :idea:

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:28 pm

iyadsalti wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:02 pm
atto123 wrote:

Not very true, I applied in June, straight forward Set (o) T2G, got email from Wandscontingency to share documents and did my biometircs, but nothing yet except dead silence. I am not sure if many people are in a similar situation like mine or if I am a special case.
When did you enroll your bio-metrics? Did you get any email from case worker for the delay?

I also get an email from Wandscontingency for documents and later caseworker sent another email that decision may be delayed and may take more than 6 months. I am hoping that is auto-generated email but I also know that in some cases if the casewoker need to conduct checks it may take more time.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:37 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:45 pm

New Update:

Home Office replied me:

My understanding is that we are working to launch a functionality that will permit previously captured biometrics to be applied to new applications. This capability will not be ready for business use until the middle of August.

It is bad news

jafersadeq wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:11 pm
Dear Members,
Please see the email:

https://ibb.co/7tyQ15K
Dear members,
Please see my previous threads

Regards

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:44 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:37 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:45 pm

New Update:

Home Office replied me:

My understanding is that we are working to launch a functionality that will permit previously captured biometrics to be applied to new applications. This capability will not be ready for business use until the middle of August.

It is bad news

jafersadeq wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:11 pm
Dear Members,
Please see the email:

https://ibb.co/7tyQ15K
Dear members,
Please see my previous threads

Regards
Why on earth they couldn't have started the IDV enrollment once the app was ready. Creating insult to injury with this opt-in / opt-out rubbish and keeping this uncertainty going!!

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:54 pm

iyadsalti wrote:
atto123 wrote:

OK, to be frank out of the cases i have heard, yours is a bit different....I am not sure why should someone hold off the decision after biometrics are captured ?

In my opinion, after talking to solicitor, for those who have applied in may , april they are planning to reuse biometrics using some new app and it is still not ready...

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:56 pm

The result is:
ONLY LUCKY people got their appointment and approval (Full Stop)..
No procedure, no technology, no care, Sopra Strea is dealing with UK Gov as their bad customer, no rules to punish them, the Gov does not care about all immigrants, no human rights (fake), all companies returned to the work, even the gov. the UKVCAS is silly authority.
That is it....

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi,
I will be applying for ILR in coming weeks with 2 dependent in T2G Set(O) route.
We had our previous T2G VISA extension in Aug 2018. At this time my child was 5 years old and I do not exactly remember whether we submitted his bio-metrics or just photo in post office.
Can experts on this thread/forum comment on what are my chances to get selected for biometric re-use category?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:07 pm

Yash123 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:04 pm
Hi,
I will be applying for ILR in coming weeks with 2 dependent in T2G Set(O) route.
We had our previous T2G VISA extension in Aug 2018. At this time my child was 5 years old and I do not exactly remember whether we submitted his bio-metrics or just photo in post office.
Can experts on this thread/forum comment on what are my chances to get selected for biometric re-use category?
If a child is involved, the whole group will be selected to attend the Service Point.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iyadsalti
United Kingdom

Post by iyadsalti » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:10 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:28 pm
iyadsalti wrote:
atto123 wrote:

When did you enroll your bio-metrics? Did you get any email from case worker for the delay?

I also get an email from Wandscontingency for documents and later caseworker sent another email that decision may be delayed and may take more than 6 months. I am hoping that is auto-generated email but I also know that in some cases if the casewoker need to conduct checks it may take more time.
My family and myself submitted biometrics on 23rd July, and documents were sent to contingency email on 1st of July. I got the delay email before the email from caseworker. I am sure the delay email is a generic one as many people received it and got their decision in 2 working days. When did you submit yours?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:07 pm
Yash123 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:04 pm
Hi,
If a child is involved, the whole group will be selected to attend the Service Point.
My case very similar to yours. My child was 5.5 years in Jan 2019 when my visa was extended and we had submitted biometric at post office at that time. I have been chosen for reuse with my 2 dependents.

iyadsalti
United Kingdom

Post by iyadsalti » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:14 pm

atto123 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:54 pm
iyadsalti wrote:
atto123 wrote:

OK, to be frank out of the cases i have heard, yours is a bit different....I am not sure why should someone hold off the decision after biometrics are captured ?

In my opinion, after talking to solicitor, for those who have applied in may , april they are planning to reuse biometrics using some new app and it is still not ready...
Yes, maybe my case in special. On the timeline you only see the good news ones, I am not sure if more people are in my situation but they didn't share their timeline.
I don't think April or May applicants make any difference for bio-metrics reuse. The rule is straight forward, if they have for the adults bio-metrics no older than 5 years (2 years for children) then you automatically go to re-use.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:46 pm

iyadsalti wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:10 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:28 pm
iyadsalti wrote:
atto123 wrote:

My family and myself submitted biometrics on 23rd July, and documents were sent to contingency email on 1st of July. I got the delay email before the email from caseworker. I am sure the delay email is a generic one as many people received it and got their decision in 2 working days. When did you submit yours?
I applied on 15th July, received Wandscontingency document email on 21July and delay email on 28th July. I replied to delay email requesting acknowledgement to confirm if my documents were received. The case worker was kind enough to reply back to confirm that my documents are received and stored in the system.

I am still waiting for bio-metric appointment email after opting out from IDV app.

I hope that is generic email that some case workers send due to covid-19 situation, but still there is a risk of delay in my case as the email was sent by caseworker email address.

mumofmini
United Kingdom

Post by mumofmini » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:52 pm

I am one of those 'opted in' for IDV app. The email I received states that:

When will the IDV app be available?
Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. We will invite eligible customers to use the new IDV app rather than require you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.

They mentioned that the rollout will start at the beginning in August. Anyone received invite email yet?