ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LZ_90
Singapore

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by LZ_90 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:01 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:46 pm
iyadsalti wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:10 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:28 pm
iyadsalti wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:02 pm

Not very true, I applied in June, straight forward Set (o) T2G, got email from Wandscontingency to share documents and did my biometircs, but nothing yet except dead silence. I am not sure if many people are in a similar situation like mine or if I am a special case.
When did you enroll your bio-metrics? Did you get any email from case worker for the delay?

I also get an email from Wandscontingency for documents and later caseworker sent another email that decision may be delayed and may take more than 6 months. I am hoping that is auto-generated email but I also know that in some cases if the casewoker need to conduct checks it may take more time.
My family and myself submitted biometrics on 23rd July, and documents were sent to contingency email on 1st of July. I got the delay email before the email from caseworker. I am sure the delay email is a generic one as many people received it and got their decision in 2 working days. When did you submit yours?
I applied on 15th July, received Wandscontingency document email on 21July and delay email on 28th July. I replied to delay email requesting acknowledgement to confirm if my documents were received. The case worker was kind enough to reply back to confirm that my documents are received and stored in the system.

I am still waiting for bio-metric appointment email after opting out from IDV app.

I hope that is generic email that some case workers send due to covid-19 situation, but still there is a risk of delay in my case as the email was sent by caseworker email address.
Did you upload all the documents as a part of SET O online application AND via UKVCAS website? Thank you :)
Last edited by LZ_90 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:02 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:52 pm
I am one of those 'opted in' for IDV app. The email I received states that:

When will the IDV app be available?
Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. We will invite eligible customers to use the new IDV app rather than require you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.

They mentioned that the rollout will start at the beginning in August. Anyone received invite email yet?
I suppose it doesn't say "at the beginning" but just "beginning in August" which means it could even be towards the end of August.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:14 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:01 pm
GondalUK wrote:
iyadsalti wrote:
GondalUK wrote:

When did you enroll your bio-metrics? Did you get any email from case worker for the delay?

I also get an email from Wandscontingency for documents and later caseworker sent another email that decision may be delayed and may take more than 6 months. I am hoping that is auto-generated email but I also know that in some cases if the casewoker need to conduct checks it may take more time.
My family and myself submitted biometrics on 23rd July, and documents were sent to contingency email on 1st of July. I got the delay email before the email from caseworker. I am sure the delay email is a generic one as many people received it and got their decision in 2 working days. When did you submit yours?
I applied on 15th July, received Wandscontingency document email on 21July and delay email on 28th July. I replied to delay email requesting acknowledgement to confirm if my documents were received. The case worker was kind enough to reply back to confirm that my documents are received and stored in the system.

I am still waiting for bio-metric appointment email after opting out from IDV app.

I hope that is generic email that some case workers send due to covid-19 situation, but still there is a risk of delay in my case as the email was sent by caseworker email address.
Did you upload all the documents as a part of SET O online application AND via UKVCAS website? Thank you :)
Yes, I uploaded all documents using UKVCAS website and submitted using "Submit" button immediately after application submission. Later after one week got an email from Wandscontingency to send document that I sent the same day (the same set I uploded on UKVCAS).

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:17 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:14 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:01 pm
GondalUK wrote:
iyadsalti wrote:

Yes, I uploaded all documents using UKVCAS website and submitted using "Submit" button immediately after application submission. Later after one week got an email from Wandscontingency to send document that I sent the same day (the same set I uploded on UKVCAS).
That’s a bit strange cos you’ve uploaded all the documents on both platforms. The good thing is that you know someone has looked into your application.

iyadsalti
United Kingdom

Post by iyadsalti » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:35 pm

GondalUK wrote:
iyadsalti wrote:
GondalUK wrote:
iyadsalti wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:02 pm

Not very true, I applied in June, straight forward Set (o) T2G, got email from Wandscontingency to share documents and did my biometircs, but nothing yet except dead silence. I am not sure if many people are in a similar situation like mine or if I am a special case.

OK, good luck. In my case, I received both emails (delay and documents) from the same email address (Wandscontingency). I have sent 2 follow-up emails trying to receive a confirmation if they received my documents with no response. Maybe my application is in the orphanage :-) which explains why no decision has been taken yet.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:18 pm

my documents were uploaded through solicitor, when i login to my ukvcas page i can see the number of file uploaded and near it in blue colour view upload, i did not see any submit button .is it means my documents still not submitted yet and only after biometric.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:24 pm

Fivem wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:18 pm
my documents were uploaded through solicitor, when i login to my ukvcas page i can see the number of file uploaded and near it in blue colour view upload, i did not see any submit button .is it means my documents still not submitted yet and only after biometric.
If your documents are submitted, it will show “submitted” in front of each file name.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:27 pm

Fivem wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:18 pm
If you click "view upload" and then on 2nd page click on each category you should be able to see list of all documents and in front of it "submitted" text. If you can see submitted status than it means that your solicitor already submitted all documents to UKVI.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:29 pm

so do i need to press view upload document to check each document separate if it is submitted or no also if i click view upload do i ruin anything as i did not upload these documents my self.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:47 pm

Fivem wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:29 pm
so do i need to press view upload document to check each document separate if it is submitted or no also if i click view upload do i ruin anything as i did not upload these documents my self.
There shouldn't be any problem, I have tried in my side several times.

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:55 pm

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1180.html

Applied for ILR Route : Tier 2 General - 5 years (Set O) + 3 dependents
Type of application : Standard (priority is suspended)
Date application sent : 17 July 2020
Document sent to HO via UKVAS : 19 July 2020
Ack letter received (if applicable) : No
Email received asking to book Biometrics : 5 August 202
Date Biometrics Enrolled : 10 August 2020
Approval/Refusal Received : 12 August 2020
BRP Card Received : Awaiting

This person (and dependants) got their approval less than 2 days after enrolling biometrics. I am starting to think there is a strong chance that all applications have already been decided and they are just waiting to recieve biometrics so they can make final decision and approve. Does anyone else feel this way?

miche868
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by miche868 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:02 pm

Yash123 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:04 pm
Hi,
I will be applying for ILR in coming weeks with 2 dependent in T2G Set(O) route.
We had our previous T2G VISA extension in Aug 2018. At this time my child was 5 years old and I do not exactly remember whether we submitted his bio-metrics or just photo in post office.
Can experts on this thread/forum comment on what are my chances to get selected for biometric re-use category?
I applied for ILR as well SetM but I got a letter stating that my I was not selected for Biometric re-use and I had to book an appointment. My child is 9 and she had her biometrics taken twice in the past. So I am assuming if you have a child you might not be selected for biometric reuse.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:04 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:47 pm
Fivem wrote:
thank you, i tried and there is submitted button infront of each file.but it seems after submission you can not view the file it self.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:05 pm

I am waiting patiently and hoping that we will get biometrics invitation email soon.

However, by analysing all situation, it seems that many people have opted out and UKVCAS fell into another trouble. They asked people to optout by sending emails which looks like a manual process and is only appropriate for few people.

If few thousand or even few hundred people opted out at same time then it's not easily possible to process that list manually. Getting details from emails and marking in system manually is a bit of work. According to my opinion, if they don't have any automated system and they are trying to use manual approach this may be the reason of this delay.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:08 pm

Fivem wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:04 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:47 pm
Fivem wrote:
thank you, i tried and there is submitted button infront of each file.but it seems after submission you can not view the file it self.
Yes, after documents are submitted these can't be deleted or viewed.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:47 pm

Just a thought folks. Has anybody contacted their MPs to complain against these shambles?

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:50 pm

BloodofGod123 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:55 pm

This person (and dependants) got their approval less than 2 days after enrolling biometrics. I am starting to think there is a strong chance that all applications have already been decided and they are just waiting to recieve biometrics so they can make final decision and approve. Does anyone else feel this way?
When I submitted my documents through the UKVCAS website, the disclaimer clearly stated that it will be submitted to UKVI without any review by UKVCAS. It said something like "by clicking Submit I understand that UKVCAS will not be able to check my documents and they will go straight to UKVI".

Therefore, I think that the UKVI are considering our applications whilst we are waiting for biometrics.

In addition, in the citizenship forum someone reported getting a decision without biometrics submitted. Might be an exception, but it indirectly suggests the same thing.

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:51 pm

BloodofGod123 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:55 pm

If you look at the above email in conjunction with another post in this forum .... For those who havent got the bio-metric invitations may be they are trying to re-use the existing biometrics ??

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:59 pm

Posted by user krishnakumarg in the BC forum.

Thought to paste it here as it may give some insight. The following is the user’s experience quoted:

Hi, I did just now. I got through after about 70 mins of holding the line (low volume speaker in an empty office :)

Anyway, the lady who answered the phone had a standard set of answers to many of my questions. Applications are considered incomplete until biometrics are submitted. UKVCAS staff do not have the ability to know whether a home office caseworker has actually started looking at the uploaded documents. They said that there is a clear demarcation point between UKVI and UKVCAS, and that their services agreement pertains to only collecting and submitting biometrics and documents to a shared database with UKVI.

When I pushed hard for the IDV app launch date, she said that the app is likely to be launched within the end of the month. Those who applied in March and April will be invited in week 1. Candidates from May and June shall be in week 2, and July applicants will be invited by mid September. She said it's just an internal estimate, and that their customer care team works remotely and have no contact with the app-development team.

She also said that the app development is led by IT contractors of the home office, and UKVCAS have only general inputs, so that the new app can follow roughly the workflow at UKVCAS at a high level.

As for opt-out appointments, she said that sifting through emails is done through a manual process and that those who made the deadlines (Aug 7 & Aug 10) shall be sent appointment emails will be issued beginning the weeks of Aug 17 and Aug 24 respectively.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:24 pm

Yeah, so called technology and IT company uses manual process to sort out opt-out emails and it takes them 3 weeks to do it. I wonder, how they managed to get this contract with UKVI.

It feels more like stone age than 21st century. Shall we start using pigeons to post opt-out letters as well?

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:27 pm

tbp wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:24 pm
Yeah, so called technology and IT company uses manual process to sort out opt-out emails and it takes them 3 weeks to do it. I wonder, how they managed to get this contract with UKVI.

It feels more like stone age than 21st century. Shall we start using pigeons to post opt-out letters as well?
It’s a nationwide issue - think about the contact and tracing app, it’s a joke 😂 and that’s what Boris called world-leading standard

usernameswan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by usernameswan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:00 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:27 pm
tbp wrote:

It’s a nationwide issue - think about the contact and tracing app, it’s a joke 😂 and that’s what Boris called world-leading standard
Well, look at how the government handle the pandemic, we shouldn't be superised, should we?...

specialty
Newly Registered
India

Post by specialty » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ugust-2020

Above link lists Priority visa fees as well. Does this mean Priority visa has been re-started ? Has anyone tried or know of anyone who has submitted Priority visa application in the last week ?

But this link says priority is suspended - https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement . Only difference is that the former link has a date associated with it unlike the latter.

Thanks

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:21 pm

tbp wrote:

I am absolutely shocked, they clearly stated in the email that links will be sent during this week, maybe it is for BC categories, but for me this is the 6th week of artificial delay and outrageous misconduct...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:28 pm

specialty wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:18 pm
Hi

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ugust-2020

Above link lists Priority visa fees as well. Does this mean Priority visa has been re-started ? Has anyone tried or know of anyone who has submitted Priority visa application in the last week ?

But this link says priority is suspended - https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement . Only difference is that the former link has a date associated with it unlike the latter.

Thanks
Priority service is suspended. No one can use the service while it is suspended.

Just because a service is temporarily suspended doesn't mean it comes off the UKVI fees list!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.