ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British passport application help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vsivaraman1980
Newly Registered
India

First British passport application help

Post by vsivaraman1980 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 pm

Hi All,
Forgive me if any of the questions are already posted/answered, i cant find the answer in the previous recent posts.
me, wife and child all got citizenship approval and if all goes well, will have the ceremony completed (my council started ceremony now in scotland).

I'm looking to apply for First British passport for all of us. thinking which one is the right approach, (postal/online.)

I tried to do online, completed one application, it went all the way to payment section. but being first passport, no information is requested for counter signatory. not sure if the request will come later.
in the postal form, we have space for countersignatory, so it was clear. not sure how it will be done for online.

If using a postal application, the box (section 4)where it request the details of the parents, if the parent is british citizen, provide passport details. since we are applying together, i can leave it blank, but do i have to send a cover letter and a copy of our naturalization certificate with my child application?

Thanks a bunch
siva

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: First British passport application help

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:52 pm

vsivaraman1980 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 pm
The online application is very convenient and efficient. Given the recent times, I would not even consider postal route.
As far as I know, you can not save passport application. You have to fill it and submit it in one go.
Now, you only require one person to “confirm your identity.”

I cant remember if that step is after the payment, but you provide details about the person who confirms your identity online.
The systems sends that person an email and identify is confirmed online also.

No paper signatures are needed.

The whole process is tracked and you get email/text notifications also.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... ply-online
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:58 pm

“Ask someone to confirm your identity
After you’ve paid and submitted your application, you’ll need to ask someone to confirm your identity.

Let the person know that they’ll receive an email from HM Passport Office telling them what to do. They’ll confirm your identity online - they do not need to sign a printed photo.

Find out who can confirm your identity and what they need to do.“

https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-onl ... pplication
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vsivaraman1980
Newly Registered
India

Post by vsivaraman1980 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:24 am

Thank you so much Cullinan. appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Siva