ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Freetonean
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Freetonean » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:22 am

Hi yes, I submitted my ILR SET M application on the 24th July and to my surprise I received an email on the 4th August at 10pm asking me to book an appointment for biometric finger print. After paying 2,408 pounds and also because I thought i was gonna qualified for biometric reuse since I last had biometric done at the post office in Dec 2017, I didn't save any money for UKVCAS appointment. I only managed to book a Biometric appointment after 2 days and was so expensive 135 quid, 110 quid etc. I was looking for a free appointment. At last, I managed to squeeze & secure a 69.99 quid slot for Mark Lane Biometric centre in London scheduled for the 19th August. I am here now waiting for the 19th August to come.
I personally believe that in a bid to clear the hug backlog of application, case workers might be working on applications from those waiting to biometric reuse (especially those that has submitted their documens on the UKVCAS web ), all they need now is to capture their facial image and release their ILR .

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:28 am

Freetonean wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:22 am
Hi yes, I submitted my ILR SET M application on the 24th July and to my surprise I received an email on the 4th August at 10pm asking me to book an appointment for biometric finger print. After paying 2,408 pounds and also because I thought i was gonna qualified for biometric reuse since I last had biometric done at the post office in Dec 2017, I didn't save any money for UKVCAS appointment. I only managed to book a Biometric appointment after 2 days and was so expensive 135 quid, 110 quid etc. I was looking for a free appointment. At last, I managed to squeeze & secure a 69.99 quid slot for Mark Lane Biometric centre in London scheduled for the 19th August. I am here now waiting for the 19th August to come.
I personally believe that in a bid to clear the hug backlog of application, case workers might be working on applications from those waiting to biometric reuse (especially those that has submitted their documens on the UKVCAS web ), all they need now is to capture their facial image and release their ILR .
Happy for you indeed. But HO/UKVCAS should be undoubtedly more transparent about their ways of working. There are so many people from April still waiting!! It's so unfair for so many. I think randomness is the theme here!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:38 am

HBBB wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:17 am
I have been eligible for ILR since March and because my dependent had to take english test, I just applied for ILR with Set(o). On last page it says I should book an appointment. So I registered at UKVCAS. It seem it is possible for me to upload documents but there is no appointment in whole country. Is there a particular time of day that appointments are released or I have to keep checking until I can find one? I see in this thread that people could book an appointment just a few days after submission. Would appreciate your help. My current visa is T2(g) and it’s valid until Dec 2020.
The UKVCAS is opening appointments in phases.

Assuming you applied in August. The system is not open for August applicants. You will have to wait for official updates. Follow:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:52 am

They've once again post poned reopening https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:57 am

Hi guys,

I’ve submitted my application this morning but upon making the payment, I wasn’t required to upload documents via the UKVI (NOT UKVCAS) website, is this normal? As I remember some of you managed to upload documents on both UKVI and UKCVAS websites. thanks in advance for the help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:01 am

LZ_90 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:57 am
Hi guys,

I’ve submitted my application this morning but upon making the payment, I wasn’t required to upload documents via the UKVI (NOT UKVCAS) website, is this normal? As I remember some of you managed to upload documents on both UKVI and UKCVAS websites. thanks in advance for the help!
You only upload on UKCVAS and NOT on the UKVI website. There has never been an option to upload directly to UKVI. Unclear why you think this is the case.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:17 am

Spoken to ukvcas. And they were not accepting that they sent any email with deadline of 10th August but the only deadline which was given for opt out is 7th. Moreover, they were unable to find my email which I sent to opt out. So I resent these again. No news about when they would allow the biometrics of those who opted out.

Has anyone else contacted ukvcas to check if they have received your opt out emails?

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:20 am

Amy_R88 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:17 am
Spoken to ukvcas. And they were not accepting that they sent any email with deadline of 10th August but the only deadline which was given for opt out is 7th. Moreover, they were unable to find my email which I sent to opt out. So I resent these again. No news about when they would allow the biometrics of those who opted out.

Has anyone else contacted ukvcas to check if they have received your opt out emails?
This is ridiculous. Did you make any mistake on your original email?

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:23 am

Amy_R88 wrote:

I don’t want to make a 25pound phone call just to check if my email has been received.
Also it would be too late as the deadline has passed.
Could you please share the format of your previous email please?

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:23 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:01 am
LZ_90 wrote:
Hi guys,

You only upload on UKCVAS and NOT on the UKVI website. There has never been an option to upload directly to UKVI. Unclear why you think this is the case.
I must have got confused with something else I read, apologies. One more question, can I upload multiple documents under one category. Eg, under the proof of application category, they’ve asked for my passport and declaration form. Do I have to consolidate both docs into one pdf or I can upload two pdfs? Thank you very much :)

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:26 am

GondalUK wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:43 am
Thomas_84 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:04 am
GondalUK wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:05 pm
I am waiting patiently and hoping that we will get biometrics invitation email soon.

However, by analysing all situation, it seems that many people have opted out and UKVCAS fell into another trouble. They asked people to optout by sending emails which looks like a manual process and is only appropriate for few people.

If few thousand or even few hundred people opted out at same time then it's not easily possible to process that list manually. Getting details from emails and marking in system manually is a bit of work. According to my opinion, if they don't have any automated system and they are trying to use manual approach this may be the reason of this delay.
Hi,
I agree that the manual approach may be the reason for the delay. But whether it is manual or automatic approach, they should stick to the commitment of allowing people who opted out to book online at least by Friday night this week. Thanks. Regards.
They are using manual approach, it's now confirmed by UKVCAS as reported by other member in following post:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1923017

I think there could be one other reason as well for this delay, following service points were scheduled to open from 10th August and 17th August. The services point which were announced to open from 10th August are already delayed and as a result this caused delay for offering appointments to people who opted out until 10th Aug deadline. I hope as soon as these service points are opened they will start inviting people.

They failed in many of their commitments so far, no body knows how much delay will be there for IDV app, that is technically bigger challenge as compared to other issues.

Service Point Forecast to open during
Gloucester w/c 10 August
Hemel Hempstead w/c 10 August
London - Stratford w/c 10 August
Reading w/c 10 August
Wolverhampton w/c 10 August
Aberdeen w/c 17 August
Coventry w/c 17 August

The above details is taken from following UKVCAS official page:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
According to new flash message update today, the opening of above mentioned service points are 2 - 7 weeks delayed. Out of 7 planned centers, which were supposed to open at 10 Aug and 17th Aug, they manage to open only one service point in Reading on 11th Aug with 1 day delay.

This delay in service points opening suggests that this is possible reason of delay in sending appointment invitation for people who opt out. This delay could be upto 1-2 weeks as some of service points which were earlier supposed to open from 10th Aug are now opening from 24th Aug.

See below for the updated opening date for service points I posted in my previous message:

Gloucester w/c 24 August
Hemel Hempstead w/c 28 September
London - Stratford w/c 24 August
Wolverhampton w/c 24 August
Aberdeen w/c 31 August
Coventry w/c 28 September

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:32 am

LZ_90 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:23 am
CR001 wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
Hi guys,

I must have got confused with something else I read, apologies. One more question, can I upload multiple documents under one category. Eg, under the proof of application category, they’ve asked for my passport and declaration form. Do I have to consolidate both docs into one pdf or I can upload two pdfs? Thank you very much :)
You can upload multiple documents.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:40 am

For those asking, I haven't made any mistake sent the email by copying and pasting the email address provided before deadline of 10th with my UAN and opt out in the subject and my name and details in the email.

They were not accepting another deadline date of 10th August initially so I have resent them their email too.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:41 am

GondalUK wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:26 am
GondalUK wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:43 am
Thomas_84 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:04 am
GondalUK wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:05 pm
I am waiting patiently and hoping that we will get biometrics invitation email soon.

However, by analysing all situation, it seems that many people have opted out and UKVCAS fell into another trouble. They asked people to optout by sending emails which looks like a manual process and is only appropriate for few people.

If few thousand or even few hundred people opted out at same time then it's not easily possible to process that list manually. Getting details from emails and marking in system manually is a bit of work. According to my opinion, if they don't have any automated system and they are trying to use manual approach this may be the reason of this delay.
Hi,
I agree that the manual approach may be the reason for the delay. But whether it is manual or automatic approach, they should stick to the commitment of allowing people who opted out to book online at least by Friday night this week. Thanks. Regards.
They are using manual approach, it's now confirmed by UKVCAS as reported by other member in following post:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1923017

I think there could be one other reason as well for this delay, following service points were scheduled to open from 10th August and 17th August. The services point which were announced to open from 10th August are already delayed and as a result this caused delay for offering appointments to people who opted out until 10th Aug deadline. I hope as soon as these service points are opened they will start inviting people.

They failed in many of their commitments so far, no body knows how much delay will be there for IDV app, that is technically bigger challenge as compared to other issues.

Gloucester w/c 10 August
Hemel Hempstead w/c 10 August
London - Stratford w/c 10 August
Reading w/c 10 August
Wolverhampton w/c 10 August
Aberdeen w/c 17 August
Coventry w/c 17 August

According to new flash message update today, the opening of above mentioned service points are 2 - 7 weeks delayed. Out of 7 planned centers, which were supposed to open at 10 Aug and 17th Aug, they manage to open only one service point in Reading on 11th Aug with 1 day delay.

This delay in service points opening suggests that this is possible reason of delay in sending appointment invitation for people who opt out. This delay could be upto 1-2 weeks as some of service points which were earlier supposed to open from 10th Aug are now opening from 24th Aug.

See below for the updated opening date for service points I posted in my previous message:

Gloucester w/c 24 August
Hemel Hempstead w/c 28 September
London - Stratford w/c 24 August
Wolverhampton w/c 24 August
Aberdeen w/c 31 August
Coventry w/c 28 September

Luton should have been opened on 3rd aug according to both the news and the pdf. However, there is no opening hours showing on the pdf. This means like her majesty, it is not open to public. (Her majesty was announced to be open on 3rd August but opening time is only published on the 10th and no booking slot was available before 10th) I am not quite sure if her majesty has slots available now.

What I am trying to say is that Ukvcas is not trustworthy. By the pattern analysed above, the service points have 3 weeks of delay. The pdf and news contradict to each other. The information on the pdf Itself is not coordinated. How difficult is it to have the information correct and coordinated?

All the opening points info is false hope.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:52 am

Amy_R88 wrote:

This is not fair, if they don't send biometric invitation emails in this week than all members should make complain on whatever appropriate platform about this unfair and unprofessional attitude. We have evidence in the email, where they clearly mentioned 7th and 10th Aug deadlines and that invitation will be sent in week starting from 10th Aug.

This may make some impact and this may improve things in future or at-least they may stop giving false and misleading information.

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:58 am

Do not trust anything a customer representative says on the phone. They have no idea what is going on, and usually make up stuff or are not up to date with their knowledge.

But yeah, if UKVCAS fails again with optout emails then they deserve a lawsuit.

Amy_R88 wrote:

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:05 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:52 am
Amy_R88 wrote:

This is not fair, if they don't send biometric invitation emails in this week than all members should make complain on whatever appropriate platform about this unfair and unprofessional attitude. We have evidence in the email, where they clearly mentioned 7th and 10th Aug deadlines and that invitation will be sent in week starting from 10th Aug.

This may make some impact and this may improve things in future or at-least they may stop giving false and misleading information.
Has anyone opting out with deadline of 7th got the invitation yet? Bcz that's what they are stressing on and not admitting that theres any deadline given of 10th?

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:07 pm

tbp wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:58 am
Do not trust anything a customer representative says on the phone. They have no idea what is going on, and usually make up stuff or are not up to date with their knowledge.

But yeah, if UKVCAS fails again with optout emails then they deserve a lawsuit.

Amy_R88 wrote:

I will call this afternoon, but I really now lost the hope that there is at least 1 competent person there, always lie, misleading and false information. I opted out on 5 August, and yes, the week commencing 10 is almost :( over

specialty
Newly Registered
India

Post by specialty » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:28 pm
specialty wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:18 pm
Hi

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ugust-2020

Above link lists Priority visa fees as well. Does this mean Priority visa has been re-started ? Has anyone tried or know of anyone who has submitted Priority visa application in the last week ?

But this link says priority is suspended - https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement . Only difference is that the former link has a date associated with it unlike the latter.

Thanks
Priority service is suspended. No one can use the service while it is suspended.

Just because a service is temporarily suspended doesn't mean it comes off the UKVI fees list!!
Looks like Priority service is not completely suspended at all locations.

One can check here:
1.https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/en
2.Select Country
3.Find a visa application centre
4.Filter by available services
5.There are two cities in India where it is available.

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:12 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:

I don’t want to make a 25pound phone call just to check if my email has been received.
Also it would be too late as the deadline has passed.
Could you please share the format of your previous email please?
Just FYI, I've found that the cheapest way to call UKVCAS is by Skype. The total cost including UKVCAS's fee was £0.11/min. This is significantly cheaper than the £0.59/min charged by some mobile phone providers

usernameswan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by usernameswan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:20 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:52 am
Amy_R88 wrote:

Or they might end up not giving any informaiton for ages :cry: :cry:

seeweare
India

Post by seeweare » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi all,

I am currently on Tier 2 General and submitted my application for Set (LR) on 10th July. I opted out of the IDV app on 6th August, well before the 10th August deadline.
I called up the UKVCAS call centre today, waited for almost an hour in the queue only to be told that they have no visibility on when they can send the appointment booking emails. I explained him that I opted out because of the urgency (due to redundancy and unable to apply for any other job based on current visa) and asked him if there is a way to expedite the appointment, to which he declined and asked me to just wait for the email.
I asked if there is any update on IDV app and whether the app way was going to be faster, and he couldn't confirm the same. There is nothing much to do than just wait.. but i could end up being job less for months until i get ILR!

Hope we get the appointments soon. Good luck everyone.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:41 pm

specialty wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:12 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:28 pm
specialty wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:18 pm
Hi

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ugust-2020

Above link lists Priority visa fees as well. Does this mean Priority visa has been re-started ? Has anyone tried or know of anyone who has submitted Priority visa application in the last week ?

But this link says priority is suspended - https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement . Only difference is that the former link has a date associated with it unlike the latter.

Thanks
Priority service is suspended. No one can use the service while it is suspended.

Just because a service is temporarily suspended doesn't mean it comes off the UKVI fees list!!
Looks like Priority service is not completely suspended at all locations.

One can check here:
1.https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/en
2.Select Country
3.Find a visa application centre
4.Filter by available services
5.There are two cities in India where it is available.
As this is a topic in the ILR sub forum and not about applications made abroad, I was specifically referring to priority service WITHIN the UK, and NOT for applications made from abroad.

Please do not post confusing posts regarding applications and services from outside the UK as they are not relevant to this specific topic about ukcvas biometric issues within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:32 am
LZ_90 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
Hi guys,

You can upload multiple documents.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html
Thank you so much :)

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:50 pm

seeweare wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:24 pm
Hi all,

I am currently on Tier 2 General and submitted my application for Set (LR) on 10th July. I opted out of the IDV app on 6th August, well before the 10th August deadline.
I called up the UKVCAS call centre today, waited for almost an hour in the queue only to be told that they have no visibility on when they can send the appointment booking emails. I explained him that I opted out because of the urgency (due to redundancy and unable to apply for any other job based on current visa) and asked him if there is a way to expedite the appointment, to which he declined and asked me to just wait for the email.
I asked if there is any update on IDV app and whether the app way was going to be faster, and he couldn't confirm the same. There is nothing much to do than just wait.. but i could end up being job less for months until i get ILR!

Hope we get the appointments soon. Good luck everyone.
they promised emails this week, that is why we decided to opt-out (I applied in April and it is Set O), what does it mean they don't have visibility, in the beginning of the week ukvcas said they are sending emails in a few days, yesterday they told someone that next week and today they have no visibility... this is absurd, it can be going forever...