ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for babyborn in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_immigrant

Visa for babyborn in UK

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi,
I am here in UK under HSMP scheme since Jun 2006, in Feb 2008 we were blessed with a baby daughter but since the process of getting the passport from Pakistan embassy is around 2 months and in doing so there was strong chance for us to loose our time of applying FLR. So I did not apply for my baby's visa and FLR and instead applied for ours. Now I want to apply for her visa. I am on HSMP FLR (not tier 1). I have following questions.

1) What is the process of obtaining the visa for her?
2) What type of visa should I apply for her i.e. will that be normal visa which is HSMP Dependent visa applied through VAF 1 Form or it will follow the same process as my own FLR ( I am really confused about that)?
3) How mcuh fee it will incur?

Thanking in advance....
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:02 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:47 pm

Hi sushdmehta
Thankyou for your response, I have seen the form I was unable to find anthing except for this .

3) Form FLR Tier 1 (HSMP) can also be used to apply for an extension of stay (limited leave to remain) in the UK for the following dependants if they are applying at the same time as you: a spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, same-sex partner, or child under the age of 18.

4) If your dependants apply separately to you, they will need to apply on a separate form and pay the appropriate fee, if applicable. Details of the different forms are available on the UK Border Agency website.

Whereas my question is about the process itself.... i.e. what is appropriate Form and Fee... could not find anything specific to this issue on site.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Separate form shouldn't necessarily mean different form! I think the only other form which can be used is the FLR(O) form.

Best if you check with UKBA.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!