ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FD Mantainance query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karthikcap
Newly Registered

FD Mantainance query

Post by karthikcap » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:09 am

Hi All,

I have 2800 GBP in my HDFC savings account and i wanted to move from savings to FD account and the A/C number for savings and FD will be different.. Could any one of you please let me know is that ok or i need to mantain in the savings account itself?

Thanks,
Karthik

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:32 am

What does Maintenance (Funds) says?

It does not enforce any condition on the type of account. Does it? It should a fund which can be liquidate or drawn any time and it should worth / value GBP 2800.

Tier is for Highly Skilled candidates, I would suggest to apply some.

rely

Re: FD Mantainance query

Post by rely » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:17 pm

I t is advisable to break these FDs and put in savings account.Get a letter from your bank explaining that these FDs had been broken and proceeds transferred to your savings account.
rely
karthikcap wrote:Hi All,

I have 2800 GBP in my HDFC savings account and i wanted to move from savings to FD account and the A/C number for savings and FD will be different.. Could any one of you please let me know is that ok or i need to mantain in the savings account itself?

Thanks,
Karthik

platea1
Newly Registered

Post by platea1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:59 pm

@rajesh9pl

There still seems to be some difference of opinion on the forums about this - whether fixed deposits are accepted as maintenance funds. Are you (or anyone else) 100% sure that they are accepted when there is a letter from the bank confirming that it can be liquidated any time.

In my case also the deposit will mature on Sept 20 -- before I´m planning to move to the UK.

My application is on hold while I try to get a definitive answer to this question. I´d be grateful for any input.

platea1
Newly Registered

Post by platea1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:33 pm

In reponse to my own question above:

I just finally got through to the Work Permit Contact Centre in the UK and they advised me that YES fixed deposits are accepted with the letter from the bank confirming that they can be liquidated.

Actually the person I spoke with was unsure about it but went through the guidance notes, went away and checked with someone, and concluded that it would be ok.

He also said it was OK for me to include in my application reference to the conversation by citing the time of the call (which was recorded) just in case their is any confusion.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:07 pm

A fact already known

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

platea1
Newly Registered

Post by platea1 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:35 pm

And just in case any further confirmation is needed, I just received this:

Dear Applicant,

We are accepting CDs if they are accesssible. You should send a letter stating they are accessible from the financial institution.

regards

New York Visa Section