ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

in-country salary minimum criteria????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sen
Newly Registered

in-country salary minimum criteria????

Post by sen » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:17 pm

I am planning to apply for HSMP soon. I am going thru this forum for quite sometime....I came across an old post from a member named JBB whose query resembles my doubts...

Moderators kalayami, chess or senior members kindly reply to this

The original query post says "I am employed by an India company which pays arond 38K. So I do not qualify for HSMP on Salary grounds as Minimum criteria for HSMP is 40K if u r in UK."

I'm again a WP holder earning a salary paid by my indian company which is around 35k only.
1. Is it true that minimum is 40k for in-country applicants???

2. if so, can I apply like someone staying in india and wishes to settle here? but I am working here in UK....

This is really disappointing as this would crush my only hope to stay here... please clarify if there are any other options

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:05 pm

You have to apply based on the country you are RESIDENT in. so if you are working in the UK then you have no choice but to apply as an income band A country. If you apply as an Indian resident you will be declined earning points because your earnings in India for the past year will be equal £0.00

as far as whether the minimum earnings, check the forms as they clearly state the levels as well as the fact that the levels are also different for under 28 age group and over 28s. Which one do you fall in?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:26 pm

You need to read the latest guidelines documents to ascertain the details. Its all in there, all you have to do is look. JBB's case might not even be the same as yours.

As f2k said, which category are you applying for?

If you are under 28, then you will get 25 points if you earn more than £27k but you need to earn atleast £40k to get 25 points if you are over 28 years.

sen
Newly Registered

Post by sen » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:21 pm

Thank you mwazir and f2k!

I should have taken effort in detailing my query....I'll do it now

As per the guidelines I need to show 40k as I fall under the over28 yrs category. My company is india based and I get a standard indian salary during my deputation in WP along with my UK salary......

As to what f2k says even if my indian salary is fine to show as a indian applicant, I cannot do that because I live in UK for nearly a year.... is that so???