ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NTL application - Supporting document

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JT123
Newly Registered
Japan

Super premium service unavailable for COVID - NTL application

Post by JT123 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:27 pm

Hello,

I have an ILR vignette on my expired passport but have never considered applying for NTL as I have continued working for the same company. But now I'm redundancy at risk and I have found that it's required to get BRP if I needed to provide proof that I can work in UK.

I started online application form but currently' super premium service' option is not available when you try to pay. Non-premium service option and payment is only available and for that, a decision will be informed 'within 6 monhts'.

Can someone please share information/thoughts on below?:

- If UKVCAS/UKVIS would allow one to have additional services at additional price (like scanning and checking services) if I were to go to UKVCAS service points anyways (I have never been taken biometric information so will most likely required), and avoid sending original passport via post?

- If still required to send passports via post, what would be the most recommended way guaranteeing secure delivery and return of my passports (I have 3 passports in total including expired one with ILR vignette - I'd be devastated to lose them, as those are only physical proof I have!)? Can I send via recorded/tracking mail and send documents including self-addressed paid special service delivery envelope ?

- If I send passports when will they return them to me - i.e. before they make a decision, or at the time when they inform the decision, or after that? I know nothing is set in stone, but how long does it take normally? If anyone has had previous experience that can be shared it would be appreciated.

- What would be the recommended course of action - 1. wait the NTL application until I actually made redundant & get an offer (which might take time under current situation), 2. complete the application with 'normal service' ensuring posts/mails are sent/returned in secure way, or 3. hold NTL application and check status of UKVCAS / UKVIS to see if they'd re-open super premium service and apply once it's open again.

I know things are constantly changing and no one knows what will happen, but would HIGHLY appreciate if anyone could shed any lights or share your thoughts on this!

Best regards,
JT

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Super premium service unavailable for COVID - NTL application

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:34 pm

- If UKVCAS/UKVIS would allow one to have additional services at additional price (like scanning and checking services) if I were to go to UKVCAS service points anyways (I have never been taken biometric information so will most likely required), and avoid sending original passport via post?
You can scan and upload your documents yourself to the UKCVAS portal once you have applied online. It is only possible to enroll biometrics at UKCVAS anyway. They charge extra for scanning documents. NOTHING is posted to UKVI anymore.
- If still required to send passports via post, what would be the most recommended way guaranteeing secure delivery and return of my passports (I have 3 passports in total including expired one with ILR vignette - I'd be devastated to lose them, as those are only physical proof I have!)? Can I send via recorded/tracking mail and send documents including self-addressed paid special service delivery envelope ?
Not relevant anymore.
- If I send passports when will they return them to me - i.e. before they make a decision, or at the time when they inform the decision, or after that? I know nothing is set in stone, but how long does it take normally? If anyone has had previous experience that can be shared it would be appreciated.
Not relevant.
- What would be the recommended course of action - 1. wait the NTL application until I actually made redundant & get an offer (which might take time under current situation), 2. complete the application with 'normal service' ensuring posts/mails are sent/returned in secure way, or 3. hold NTL application and check status of UKVCAS / UKVIS to see if they'd re-open super premium service and apply once it's open again.
You should apply as soon as possible. The application can take up to 6 months. There is no indication at this stage of when super priority service will be available again. Also note that super priority or a quick decision is not guarnateed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:46 pm

A BRP application takes 6 months. A priority service is pointless anyway
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JT123
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by JT123 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:54 am

Many thanks for your quick reply, I have completed application.
You should apply as soon as possible. The application can take up to 6 months. There is no indication at this stage of when super priority service will be available again. Also note that super priority or a quick decision is not guarnateed.
[/quote]

Does 6 months count from when they receive biometric details, or from completion of application?

I have been trying to make an appointment but it's nearly impossible to do so at any points...I will keep trying...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:25 pm

It's from appointment day
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JT123
Newly Registered
Japan

NTL application - Supporting document

Post by JT123 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:43 am

Hello

I have applied NTL to switch my indefinite leave to remain vignette on expired passport to BRP. I have questions about supporting documents that I need to upload on UKVCAS.

1. travel history
On checklist from UKVI says any passports I have held and on UKVCAS sites, it mentions travel history - for that I believe I should upload any pages that contain personal details, visas, or immigration stamps?

2. Evidence of continuous residency
On check list it shows evidence to prove continuous residency in the UK since becoming a permanent resident. It says the document(s) must cover every year since obtaining ILR, and list examples of documents (council tax letter, GP letters, bills, or letter of employment confirmation).

I have obtained the letter of employment which states: "XX is employed in a full time, permanent basis at XX (with address) from xx xx 20xx (start of employment dates & year prior to ILR) till date". Is this sufficient to prove 'every year since obtaining ILR'? Is there any template or better phrase if not sufficient?

Alternatively I can provide additional documents that aren't listed as example, such as annual bank statement, or tax code notification, for years when I was living as a tenant - can those be used? (GP letter is not good enough either, as I didn't really go to GP that often).

3. Current & original document showing right to stay
Another evidence I have to provide is current document showing my right to stay in the UK AND original document showing grant of settlement - for me, both are the same and I only have 1 which is ILR vignette on my expired passport. On online application it was required to tick every item to complete so I had to and I only have ILR vignette to fulfill them. Any foreseeable problems?

Lastly the way how UKVI and UKVCAS categorize documents are slightly different - i.e., evidence to prove continuous residency under UKVI check list is 'other document' while on UKVCAS document uploading site it's mentioned under 'mandatory documents' under the description of 'residence in the UK'. Does it matter where to upload? If it does, which format/categorization should I be following?

Many thanks,
JT123