ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cool_Cucumber
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ILR questions

Post by Cool_Cucumber » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi

Need an advice. I am currently on Tier 2 General which expires in March 2021.
I have been eligible for ILR from April 2020. So far, I have waited for Super Priority option, but it looks like it will not open any time soon.

I last gave my biometrics in April 2018 for Tier 2 General Extension at the Post Office.

I am a bit confused because of all the developments regarding IDV app.

Looking for suggestions, whether I should wait for Super Priority option to open, or should I file under Standard option and wait.

I know there is an element of "wait" and "unknown" in both :)

Thanks

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ILR questions

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 pm

Cool_Cucumber wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:22 pm
Hi

I have been eligible for ILR from April 2020. So far, I have waited for Super Priority option, but it looks like it will not open any time soon.

I last gave my biometrics in April 2018 for Tier 2 General Extension at the Post Office.

Looking for suggestions, whether I should wait for Super Priority option to open, or should I file under Standard option and wait.

Thanks
It's taking about a month and a half for most cases right now since June/July to get a decision. Definitely it's worth applying already. The IDV app should speed it up further. By the time the super priority resumes, you might as well get the ILR already. This is my personal view ofcourse.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ILR questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:35 pm

@ Cool_Cucumber - Please do not post your general ILR queries in the COVID Biometrics Appointment ONLY topic. That topic is only for those who have applied already and awaiting biometrics with delays due to the pandemic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cool_Cucumber
Newly Registered
India

Post by Cool_Cucumber » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:35 pm
@ Cool_Cucumber - Please do not post your general ILR queries in the COVID Biometrics Appointment ONLY topic. That topic is only for those who have applied already and awaiting biometrics with delays due to the pandemic.
sure CR001, thanks for letting me know.

Cool_Cucumber
Newly Registered
India

Post by Cool_Cucumber » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:59 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 pm
Cool_Cucumber wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:22 pm
Hi

Thanks
It's taking about a month and a half for most cases right now since June/July to get a decision. Definitely it's worth applying already. The IDV app should speed it up further. By the time the super priority resumes, you might as well get the ILR already. This is my personal view ofcourse.

Thank you ! Yes, that is exactly my thinking as well. Fingers crossed.