ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Amy_R88 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:03 pm

kbridge wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:33 am
ilr_applicant_2020 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:29 pm
Hello Everyone,
Can someone please let me know the number for contacting UKVCAS. I get disconnected after a few minutes every time I call the number 0844 8920232
call 03301231199 it's free don't let them rip u off they don't deserve your money. i waited for an hour on the phone that will cost u around £50
I dialed that free number suggested by member. It was a very long hold and nobody picked up. Has someone else called ukvcas today?

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:03 pm

Did all the succussful OPT OUT seekers receive email invitation for biometric?

or

Did they search for slots on the UKVCAS portal and found the slots based on luck /random pattern?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:06 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:03 pm
kbridge wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Can someone please let me know the number for contacting UKVCAS. I get disconnected after a few minutes every time I call the number 0844 8920232
call 03301231199 it's free don't let them rip u off they don't deserve your money. i waited for an hour on the phone that will cost u around £50
I dialed that free number suggested by member. It was a very long hold and nobody picked up. Has someone else called ukvcas today?
I also tried calling and after long wait I disconnected the call as no body was picking.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:09 pm

I double checked checklist my AUN and and it is 16 number like this xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and there is no /xx

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:11 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:59 pm
Fivem wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:54 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 pm
Maddy_1992 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:44 pm

So I used: OPT OUT - XX-0001-XXX-55XX/XX

And the following email wording
Dear Sirs,

Re My Full Name - XXx-xXxx-XXX-5546/00 - ILR Set (o)

i would like to opt out and attend the appointment centre in person.

Best wishes
Hmm, I had missing "/XX" the last two digits "/00" from my UAN that I used in subject line. Also didn't include UAN in email body.

This may be the reason that they see it as invalid UAN and didn't send email invitation. Bad luck.
I have used the format with "/XX" in the end I.e. full UAN after OPT OUT in the subject. But not mentioned UAN again in the email body. Just my name, my application route, date of application and I want to opt out of the app and require biometric appointment.

And haven't got anything....
Thanks for sharing the format you used, this has ruled out the chance that we didn't get email due to difference in UAN format. I think we will get email invitation soon, hopefully by end of the day.

There are chances that they may be still processing the remaining people who opted out.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:26 pm

I think the emails are pushed through in date order of opting out - irrespective of the deadlines given to applicants i.e. 7th Aug or 10th Aug 5pm for all applicants up until June and July respectively.

Seems like all applicants who have received emails to book appointments opted out on/before 7th Aug (seems like a cut off time on 7th).

Maybe the next pool who opted out between 7th (after the cut off time) - 10th Aug will start receiving emails later on or in a few days.

I think UKVCAS has divided applicants in two groups in date order to avoid massive rush at the Service Points.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:26 pm
I think the emails are pushed through in date order of opting out - irrespective of the deadlines given to applicants i.e. 7th Aug or 10th Aug 5pm for all applicants up until June and July respectively.

Seems like all applicants who have received emails to book appointments opted out on/before 7th Aug (seems like a cut off time on 7th).

Maybe the next pool who opted out between 7th (after the cut off time) - 10th Aug will start receiving emails later on or in a few days.

I think UKVCAS has divided applicants in two groups in date order to avoid massive rush at the Service Points.
I think they are not following date order, according to post from one person today the opt-date was 7th August 1 pm and no invitation so far. I also opted out on 7th Aug 10 pm and no invitation yet, on the other hand one person reported that he opted out on 10th august and got invitation already yesterday.

So there is no verified pattern so far.

But it make sense that they may have divided all people to two groups.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:42 pm

I personally think, UKVCAS will try to open up August applicants only after 31st August. Previous pattern shows that.

I think UKVCAS would probably invite everyone for appointments or IDV app before the 31st August to clear the previous backlog before moving on.

I think IDV app will sooner be rolled out too.

Just my speculation.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:44 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:31 pm
greyhawk wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:23 pm
From those who got invitation emails to book appointment yesterday, can someone please confirm the format for Opt-out email? I opted out on 7th Aug at 1.21 PM with subject line "OPT OUT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx". Did anyone who opted out in similar fashion receive email to book appointment already? Guess I'm trying to find out if this format of subject line is in any way dictating the reason for some getting invitations while others are not. Thanks!
Did you received email invitation yet? I also opted out on 7th Aug at 10 pm and no email so far.

I used following format:

Email Subject: OPT OUT - XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Email Body:
Full Name: XXXXXX
And text that I want to opt out from idv app.
I have just found out that the UAN number in my Application Form downloaded from application portal is different from UAN number mentioned in the subject line of email received from W&S Contingency(Case Worker) requesting documents? Has anyone else observed this? Is this normal? Does Home Office use a different number compared to UKVCAS?

Simre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Simre » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:15 pm

Coco321 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:49 pm
Simre wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:28 pm
Coco321 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:36 am
FINALLY BOOKED APPOINTMENT!!!

After long time of stress and let down from ukvcas finally received email to book appointment
I applied 16 of April
And stuck with the reuse app for long time months and months decided opt out
Opt out 4 of August

Received email invitation yesterday booked appointment for the next week
Thanks God
I applied on 19th of April and opt out 5th of August very similar with you.
Could you share your appointment date and location please? Thank you!
Hi appointment location is Ipswich in Essex
Did you receive the invitation email yesterday?
Yes I received the email yesterday and arranged my appointment for the next week as well.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:32 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:44 pm
GondalUK wrote:
greyhawk wrote:
From those who got invitation emails to book appointment yesterday, can someone please confirm the format for Opt-out email? I opted out on 7th Aug at 1.21 PM with subject line "OPT OUT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx". Did anyone who opted out in similar fashion receive email to book appointment already? Guess I'm trying to find out if this format of subject line is in any way dictating the reason for some getting invitations while others are not. Thanks!
Did you received email invitation yet? I also opted out on 7th Aug at 10 pm and no email so far.

I used following format:

Email Body:
I have just found out that the UAN number in my Application Form downloaded from application portal is different from UAN number mentioned in the subject line of email received from W&S Contingency(Case Worker) requesting documents? Has anyone else observed this? Is this normal? Does Home Office use a different number compared to UKVCAS?
If the first 16 digits of UAN are same then nothing to worry about. There are last two digits /00 that UKVCAS uses but not used in the email from W&S Contingency.

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:36 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:32 pm
iamawonder wrote:
GondalUK wrote:
greyhawk wrote:

I used following format:

Email Body:
If the first 16 digits of UAN are same then nothing to worry about. There are last two digits /00 that UKVCAS uses but not used in the email from W&S Contingency.
When did the appointment links started to arrive yesterday? We need to be vigilant that time.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:41 pm

Im happy that people who opted out are getting appointments but had UKVCAS mentioned that IDV will become available in September and if you need appointment in August then opt-out then it would have been clearer and I would have opted out also.

But they said IDV will start 1st August.. so it did not make sense to opt-out.

But they miscommunicated again.. as usual..

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:41 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:36 pm
GondalUK wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
GondalUK wrote:

I used following format:

Email Body:
When did the appointment links started to arrive yesterday? We need to be vigilant that time.
There is no link in the email. I was able to book before receiving the email so best to check UKCVAS directly for availability. I think yesterday people were able to see appointments from around 5 and emails around 6

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:10 pm

GondalUK wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
GondalUK wrote:
greyhawk wrote:

I used following format:

Email Body:
In my case the 16 digits are different between Application Form and Email Subject of email received from caseworker (W&S Contingency). Only first 8 digits are same. Is that normal? Please see the image here

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:14 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:10 pm
In my case the 16 digits are different between Application Form and Email Subject of email received from caseworker (W&S Contingency). Only first 8 digits are same. Is that normal? Please see the image here
That's strange. The case worker do mistakes.

Do you have different UAN number for each dependent? Try to see if UAN number of any dependent matches to the one mentioned in the (W&S Contingency) email.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:19 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:14 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:10 pm
That's strange. The case worker do mistakes.

Do you have different UAN number for each dependent? Try to see if UAN number of any dependent matches to the one mentioned in the (W&S Contingency) email.
As far as I know UAN number is unique for an application if applied with dependents. Don't think there is a separate UAN for each dependent. Can anyone else confirm whether the UAN in email from caseworker matches or doesn't match your application UAn number which you see in your application form?

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:32 pm

kbridge wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Thank you so much for this kbridge. Highly appreciate it. Saved me some money today :D

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:37 pm

farazk86 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:41 pm
Im happy that people who opted out are getting appointments but had UKVCAS mentioned that IDV will become available in September and if you need appointment in August then opt-out then it would have been clearer and I would have opted out also.

But they said IDV will start 1st August.. so it did not make sense to opt-out.

But they miscommunicated again.. as usual..
I decided not to opt out as well. Where have you heard that the app will be released in Spetember?

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:32 am
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:29 am
LZ_90 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:11 am
Hello Everyone,
This is the correct number, the reason why you got hang up is likely due to the fact that there’s a cap on your monthly spending on your mobile bills. Calling UKVCAS is extremely expensive - 4p per minute is just the standard charge, there’s also network access charge which is expensive and varies -, and the information you’ll receive is of very little help.
Thank you LZ_90
If you give them a ring today would you ask about those customers who haven't got the invitation for biometrics and opted out before deadline date of 10th 5pm... it would be highly appreciated.
I did ring them today and got through after waiting for 50 minutes approximately. Here are the updates:
1. Update for those who OPTed OUT - Anyone who has OPTed OUT before the deadline specified should expect to receive an email invite for booking appointments soon. No timeline provided.

2. Update for IDV app users - IDV app was planned to be launched in this week but some more tests are being carried out. Should be launched soon. Again, no timeline provided.

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:46 pm

Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:

This is the correct number, the reason why you got hang up is likely due to the fact that there’s a cap on your monthly spending on your mobile bills. Calling UKVCAS is extremely expensive - 4p per minute is just the standard charge, there’s also network access charge which is expensive and varies -, and the information you’ll receive is of very little help.
Thank you LZ_90
If you give them a ring today would you ask about those customers who haven't got the invitation for biometrics and opted out before deadline date of 10th 5pm... it would be highly appreciated.
I did ring them today and got through after waiting for 50 minutes approximately. Here are the updates:
1. Update for those who OPTed OUT - Anyone who has OPTed OUT before the deadline specified should expect to receive an email invite for booking appointments soon. No timeline provided.

2. Update for IDV app users - IDV app was planned to be launched in this week but some more tests are being carried out. Should be launched soon. Again, no timeline provided.
Thanks for sharing this information.
Hope to see something soon.

Good luck

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:47 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:

Thank you LZ_90

Apparently they are aware that some are still waiting for invitations.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:14 pm

User cosmictbt first broke the news about appointment's opening yesterday at 4:31 pm who very excitingly wrote "appointments opened !!!"
Good on those who managed to get appointments so far.
Its 17:15 pm and I checked so far they haven't opened appointments for remaining opt-outers

Fingers crossed for remaining people and also fro IDV app users.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:47 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:

Thank you LZ_90

Apparently they are aware that some are still waiting for invitations.
Thank you for the info. They may also be reading through the forum (at least I hope they do) :)

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:17 pm

Maazkay09 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:14 pm
User cosmictbt first broke the news about appointment's opening yesterday at 4:31 pm who very excitingly wrote "appointments opened !!!"
Good on those who managed to get appointments so far.
Its 17:15 pm and I checked so far they haven't opened appointments for remaining opt-outers

Fingers crossed for remaining people and also fro IDV app users.
The forum time in 1 hour behind UK time, so 4:31 pm == 5:31 pm. Fingers crossed!