ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fivem
Egypt

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Fivem » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:17 pm

Maazkay09 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:14 pm
User cosmictbt first broke the news about appointment's opening yesterday at 4:31 pm who very excitingly wrote "appointments opened !!!"
Good on those who managed to get appointments so far.
Its 17:15 pm and I checked so far they haven't opened appointments for remaining opt-outers

Fingers crossed for remaining people and also fro IDV app users.
i checked mine also nothing yet even if i change postcode and search other cities.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:19 pm

I think post are being posted here with correct UK time. Not sure about one hour delayed post.

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Gone through all centers even in other cities. Nothing. No email yet. Please share if someone has any update.

kbridge

Post by kbridge » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:57 pm

another day wasted waiting for UKVCAS to release appointments for the rest of the opt-outers. See u on Monday 😤🤣

greyhawk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by greyhawk » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:35 pm

Has anybody got appointment emails? Anybody can see/book appointments yet?

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:40 pm

No emails yet. Haven't checked ukvcas website yet. Has anybody able to view or book appointments? Any emails etc?

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:40 pm
No emails yet. Haven't checked ukvcas website yet. Has anybody able to view or book appointments? Any emails etc?
Just checked ukvcas website and nothing viewable yet. What are the updates from other remaining opt outers?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Unfortunately no email invitation so far, can't see any appointments in UKVCAS.

masouds
Iran

Post by masouds » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:55 pm

Nothing.

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Nada

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:18 pm

When the emailed week commencing 10th August, does Saturday and Sunday come under that although non working days. If so, is it worth waiting next two days or now everything has been postponed until next week for us?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:21 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:18 pm
When the emailed week commencing 10th August, does Saturday and Sunday come under that although non working days. If so, is it worth waiting next two days or now everything has been postponed until next week for us?
There are low chances but they may send invites tomorrow (Saturday).

Amz1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amz1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi iv got an appointment to submit my biometrics next week after opting out from the app. It states that we need to take all the supporting documents to the appointment even if we have uploaded them online. Iv sent some off some of my documents for something else such as a few bank statements and utility bills. Is everyone else taking all their supportung documents with them to the appointment if they have already submitted it online? My solicitor says that i just need to take my passports and my original brp card and they should not ask to see the documents again as she has already submitted them for me.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:44 pm

Amz1 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:33 pm
Hi iv got an appointment to submit my biometrics next week after opting out from the app. It states that we need to take all the supporting documents to the appointment even if we have uploaded them online. Iv sent some off some of my documents for something else such as a few bank statements and utility bills. Is everyone else taking all their supportung documents with them to the appointment if they have already submitted it online? My solicitor says that i just need to take my passports and my original brp card and they should not ask to see the documents again as she has already submitted them for me.
I had an appointment this morning. I took all my documents. The staff browsed through my upload. She told me police registration has to be under other category, therefore she scanned it and added it. Better to bring all with you.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:49 pm

I have seen some posts on various Facebook forums that IDV app will be available in the w/c 17th August - has anyone else heard the same officially?
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

box11
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by box11 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:01 pm

Take your documents! I had an appointment today. My documents had previously been uploaded by my solicitor and showed as submitted on my computer but when I got to appointment they did not show up on the UKVCAS comptuter there as submitted and had to be rescanned and uploaded again. Better safe than sorry!

Amz1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amz1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:16 pm

Thank you. I will.

Simre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Simre » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:30 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:44 pm
Amz1 wrote:
I had an appointment this morning. I took all my documents. The staff browsed through my upload. She told me police registration has to be under other category, therefore she scanned it and added it. Better to bring all with you.
Did they check all the documents (one by one) to see if there is any missing?

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:45 pm

Simre wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:30 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Amz1 wrote:
She checked the mandatory ones but seriously don’t rely on UKvcas. For example, She doesn’t know how many passports I have and can’t tell if some are missing. The appointment was half an hour and I understand for some people was ten min only. Better do multiple checking yourself beforehand.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:23 pm

daenyt wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:37 pm
farazk86 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:41 pm
Im happy that people who opted out are getting appointments but had UKVCAS mentioned that IDV will become available in September and if you need appointment in August then opt-out then it would have been clearer and I would have opted out also.

But they said IDV will start 1st August.. so it did not make sense to opt-out.

But they miscommunicated again.. as usual..
I decided not to opt out as well. Where have you heard that the app will be released in Spetember?
No, I havent read that anywhere. It just looks that way.

However they said that IDV app is ready and rollout starting 1st August.. this is what made me not opt-out.

What I'm saying is, had they been clear about this and said that it will be ready or roll-out in September then I would have opted out as well.

But they said its ready in August, so for me it did not make sense to opt-out.. which I am regretting now..

As there is no news of IDV and from the calls made to their helpline, as reported by users here, the IDV app is not even ready =/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:30 pm

farazk86 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:23 pm
daenyt wrote:
farazk86 wrote:
Im happy that people who opted out are getting appointments but had UKVCAS mentioned that IDV will become available in September and if you need appointment in August then opt-out then it would have been clearer and I would have opted out also.

I decided not to opt out as well. Where have you heard that the app will be released in Spetember?

However they said that IDV app is ready and rollout starting 1st August.. this is what made me not opt-out.

What I'm saying is, had they been clear about this and said that it will be ready or roll-out in September then I would have opted out as well.

But they said its ready in August, so for me it did not make sense to opt-out.. which I am regretting now..

As there is no news of IDV and from the calls made to their helpline, as reported by users here, the IDV app is not even ready =/
Nowhere did they announced it would be 1st August. You misread or misunderstood.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:30 pm
farazk86 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:23 pm
daenyt wrote:
farazk86 wrote:

Nowhere did they announced it would be 1st August. You misread or misunderstood.
You're right.. I had to go back and read the email they sent me again:
Off Topic
When will the IDV app be available?
Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August.
I read that and in my hopes just read it as start of August.....

Baydaar
Pakistan

Post by Baydaar » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:54 am

Hi, can anybody please tell me that, is it necessary to take bar code page print out with you to attend biometric appointment, I don't got printer, can I just show them barcode by phone , I shall be very grateful if some one reply.

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:21 am

Baydaar wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:54 am
Hi, can anybody please tell me that, is it necessary to take bar code page print out with you to attend biometric appointment, I don't got printer, can I just show them barcode by phone , I shall be very grateful if some one reply.
The copy on your phone should be fine. My print-out couldn't be scanned (poor ink quality as my ink was running out!) and they asked to scan the PDF on my phone instead.

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:08 am

gc362952246 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:45 pm
Simre wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:30 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Amz1 wrote:
She checked the mandatory ones but seriously don’t rely on UKvcas. For example, She doesn’t know how many passports I have and can’t tell if some are missing. The appointment was half an hour and I understand for some people was ten min only. Better do multiple checking yourself beforehand.

Hi , how long did you have to wait , is there a long queue when you get there ? I am asking since we have a young baby with us and will help us plan . Finally which location was your appointment? thank you