ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kinder
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by kinder » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:38 pm

I opted out on 10th August and got an email today to book an appointment. I managed to get one at Lansdowne Road one next week, received a barcode and confirmation. It is at 6pm, I just checked Appointment Points pdf document on UKVCAS website, opening hours for Lansdowne Road is 9am-5pm, I got worried that 6pm appointment was an error on the system. Anyone else got a 6pm appointment at Lansdowne Road? Thanks.

box11
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by box11 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:50 pm

I had an appointment Friday at 5:30 so they are opened past 5pm.

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:03 pm

kinder wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:38 pm
I opted out on 10th August and got an email today to book an appointment. I managed to get one at Lansdowne Road one next week, received a barcode and confirmation. It is at 6pm, I just checked Appointment Points pdf document on UKVCAS website, opening hours for Lansdowne Road is 9am-5pm, I got worried that 6pm appointment was an error on the system. Anyone else got a 6pm appointment at Lansdowne Road? Thanks.
I was there this Friday and the guy who did my finger prints said they are open till 7-8pm

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:15 pm

BTY wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:45 pm
Hi all,
I applied on 28th March. Opted out on 7th August at 20:10.
I got my appointment email 1hr ago, booked immediately for Monday 17th August at Gloucester Library. I know I have to drive from Colchester to there but that is the earliest I can book.

Wishing good luck to all applicants.
I find one in Ipswich why you didnt book in Ipswich its closer to you

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:33 pm

Hello everyone

Am i the only one who opted out before 7th of aug and have not received an email and is unable to book?

My application date was in April.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:35 pm

alyo wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:33 pm
Hello everyone

Am i the only one who opted out before 7th of aug and have not received an email and is unable to book?

Thanks
Did you check your junk folder?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:38 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:35 pm
alyo wrote:
Hello everyone

Thanks
Did you check your junk folder?
Yes i did.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:41 pm

alyo wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:38 pm
Probably wait till Monday. Otherwise would be good to call UKVCAS and check.
If I understood correct, you can not even see any slots if you log in your UKVCAS account?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:51 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:41 pm
alyo wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:38 pm
Probably wait till Monday. Otherwise would be good to call UKVCAS and check.
If I understood correct, you can not even see any slots if you log in your UKVCAS account?
Tried every possible post code . Scotland. Etc

Anusuyaag
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Anusuyaag » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:21 pm

Applied for ILR Set (o) on 28 Jul 2020 via solicitor. Solicitor didn't receive an email whether I am eligible for biometrics reuse or not till today.
Is there any email address to check the status of my application with UAN?
My solicitor is not willing to check with UKVI. Her standard reply is none of her clients received who has applied in July 2020. She is saying she won't upload my documents in UKVCAS portal until I get an email saying whether I am eligible for biometrics reuse or not.
She is making me scarier that if documents are uploaded in to UKVCAS site it is of no use and if she uploads then I might not be able to upload later or might not be able to upload in IDV app in the future.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Anusuyaag wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:21 pm
Uploading documents onto the UKVCAS website

If you upload documents to the UKVCAS website, you can submit them to UKVI before completing your biometric or identity verification check. Don’t worry. You only need to upload each document once. This can be via the website, at a Service Point, or through the UKVCAS Identify Verification app
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Uploading and submitting documents via UKVCAS portal has nothing to do with biometrics reuse or attending an appointment. Plus you can add more documents later on via appointment/IDV app whatever your circumstance be.

You probably can call UKVCAS helpline and they maybe can tell you something.

This solicitor seems really unhelpful.

PS. Usually emails fall in junk folders. Not sure if solicitor is vigilant enough.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:39 pm

Anusuyaag wrote:
Applied for ILR Set (o) on 28 Jul 2020 via solicitor. Solicitor didn't receive an email whether I am eligible for biometrics reuse or not till today.
My solicitor is not willing to check with UKVI. Her standard reply is none of her clients received who has applied in July 2020. She is saying she won't upload my documents in UKVCAS portal until I get an email saying whether I am eligible for biometrics reuse or not.
She is making me scarier that if documents are uploaded in to UKVCAS site it is of no use and if she uploads then I might not be able to upload later or might not be able to upload in IDV app in the future.
Usually the first communication you would receive from Ukvi is the standard email that you have applied for standard route and that it may be delayed 6 months due to covid etc.

This is usually sent about 2 weeks after your app date.

Have you received this initial email

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:45 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:39 pm
Anusuyaag wrote:
Usually the first communication you would receive from Ukvi is the standard email that you have applied for standard route and that it may be delayed 6 months due to covid etc.

All July applicants who applied up until 31st were invited to book appointments OR sent biometrics reuse email. Those who were sent biometrics reuse email were also given an option to opt out by 10th August. The ones who opted out, majority RE-booked appointments by now. Receiving no email at all is indeed concerning for OP.

The email your talking about is a system auto generated email. Many get it but some dont get it at all.

Anusuyaag
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Anusuyaag » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:50 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:45 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Anusuyaag wrote:

All July applicants who applied up until 31st were invited to book appointments OR sent biometrics reuse email. Those who were sent biometrics reuse email were also given an option to opt out by 10th August. The ones who opted out, majority RE-booked appointments by now. Receiving no email at all is indeed concerning for OP.

The email your talking about is a system auto generated email. Many get it but some dont get it at all.
I haven't recieved the initial email. My solicitor was saying on Friday that she hasn't received it. She keep saying none of her clients applied in July received the initial email as well.

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:10 pm

We're currently on the FLR(M) route but this info may be useful to ILR applicants:

I submitted documents to UKVI via the new "submit" button on the UKVCAS website 1 month ago. At the time of biometric appointment yesterday, we had one extra document to submit - I had uploaded it to UKVCAS but couldn't submit it as you can only submit once online. The staff at the centre commented "you have one document not yet submitted, it will be done tonight" and hey presto, when logging in today, that one extra document now shows "submitted". So it is definitely possible to submit extra documents at the time of your appointment (presumably with the IDV app also).

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:17 pm

alyo wrote:
Hello everyone

Thanks
I think your format of opt out must be wrong
Can you check the email you send to ukvcas and see if the email wrong or application number wrong ?

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rain_ » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:48 pm

We managed to book an appointment at an Enhanced Service Point for next week.

A few weeks ago we submitted our documents via the submit button on the UKVCAS website, when we attend the appointment, if there are any problems/mistakes with the documents that were submitted, are the staff at the service point able to make any changes to our documents? Or if we are missing documents are we able to scan and upload them there and then during the appointment?

Also, if anyone has attended an appointment at an enhanced service point, can you please share your experience? How are the documents checked to be exact, is it checked by a member of staff or are you sat down at a monitor and asked to check yourself?

amjadani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by amjadani » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi everyone,
this is my first ever Q in this forum, I have few questions if anyone kind enough to guide me.
Q 1 I Submitted my application on 8th July but since then waiting for biometric appointment, has anyone in similar situation?
Q2. what is OPT Out? i saw few post people talking that they opt out, is it beneficial and how can i opt out?

Q, on UKVCAS website it say applicants who applied till 31 July can book appointment but how?? shall i wait for their email and when likely they are emailing to applicants?
Thank you so much..have Great weekend

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:19 pm

The "document checking" we encountered yesterday was very brief - it was done at the desk after fingerprints were taken. UKVCAS staff are not employed by UKVI and don't know which documents are required for a successful application. They simply check the quality, i.e. are all documents legible and clear.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:20 pm

Anusuyaag wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:50 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:45 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Anusuyaag wrote:

I haven't recieved the initial email. My solicitor was saying on Friday that she hasn't received it. She keep saying none of her clients applied in July received the initial email as well.
Wait maybe until MOnday to receive the initial email

The biometric reuse email (if one is eligible) is usually sent a week or so after the initial email

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:22 pm

rarbg wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:19 pm
The "document checking" we encountered yesterday was very brief - it was done at the desk after fingerprints were taken. UKVCAS staff are not employed by UKVI and don't know which documents are required for a successful application. They simply check the quality, i.e. are all documents legible and clear.
Thanks so at the center did they check the quality of all the documnets as per the checklist of documents?

Did you take a colour print out or black and white of documents to the center?

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:25 pm

rain_ wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:48 pm
A few weeks ago we submitted our documents via the submit button on the UKVCAS website, when we attend the appointment, if there are any problems/mistakes with the documents that were submitted, are the staff at the service point able to make any changes to our documents? Or if we are missing documents are we able to scan and upload them there and then during the appointment?
You can self-scan and upload extra/corrected/missing documents before your appointment, and they'll be submitted to UKVI after your biometrics are taken. UKVCAS can also scan them for you free at an enhanced centre.

If there were any mistakes, best to explain in a new cover letter so UKVI don't accidentally overlook the corrected documents.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:29 pm

amjadani wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 pm
Hi everyone,
this is my first ever Q in this forum, I have few questions if anyone kind enough to guide me.
Q 1 I Submitted my application on 8th July but since then waiting for biometric appointment, has anyone in similar situation?
Q2. what is OPT Out? i saw few post people talking that they opt out, is it beneficial and how can i opt out?

Q, on UKVCAS website it say applicants who applied till 31 July can book appointment but how?? shall i wait for their email and when likely they are emailing to applicants?
Thank you so much..have Great weekend
Did you by any chance check your junk folder for any missed emails?

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:29 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:22 pm
Thanks so at the center did they check the quality of all the documnets as per the checklist of documents?

Did you take a colour print out or black and white of documents to the center?
We didn't take ANY original documents to the centre, except the passport as proof of ID. Everything had been scanned at home and uploaded already. I don't trust them to scan anything and prefer to have more control at home, but that's my preference.

They didn't refer to the checklist. The only thing they were looking for was the sponsor consent form (we had FLR application, not ILR). They just quickly looked through all the other documents I'd uploaded (without knowing if they were required or not) and checked the quality.

kraviraj82
Newly Registered
India

Post by kraviraj82 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi All, I got email and booked the appointment @ Lansdowne, Croydon. pl let me know if we have car parking in this facility, if not what is the alternative approach. Thanks