ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILRGB
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ILRGB » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:48 pm

rarbg wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:29 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:22 pm
Thanks so at the center did they check the quality of all the documnets as per the checklist of documents?

Did you take a colour print out or black and white of documents to the center?
We didn't take ANY original documents to the centre, except the passport as proof of ID. Everything had been scanned at home and uploaded already. I don't trust them to scan anything and prefer to have more control at home, but that's my preference.

They didn't refer to the checklist. The only thing they were looking for was the sponsor consent form (we had FLR application, not ILR). They just quickly looked through all the other documents I'd uploaded (without knowing if they were required or not) and checked the quality.
Thanks I have uploaded all my documents on UKVCAS portal and clicked on submit and will be attending an enhanced center with my passport and BRP

Should I bother printing the documents per checklist and taking them to the center or will they check the uploaded digital copies in front of me and their own computer?

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:06 pm

As long as you've correctly uploaded all the documents, there's no need to take print-outs to the centre. They would just be scanning the same documents a second time and it will lead to confusion.

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:11 pm

I applied towards end of May'20 and OPTed OUT on 8th Aug'20. Didn't receive any email for booking an appointment but logged into the UKVCAS website when I saw the messages on this thread. Booked the appointment. Very thankful to each and every member as well as the moderators of this group.

With reference to the documents to be uploaded for the appointment, I've uploaded all documents but is it necessary to submit them to UKVI? Perhaps its better to submit them at the time of appointment as they can be submitted only once. Can someone please confirm?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:16 pm

ilr_applicant_2020 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:11 pm
I applied towards end of May'20 and OPTed OUT on 8th Aug'20. Didn't receive any email for booking an appointment but logged into the UKVCAS website when I saw the messages on this thread. Booked the appointment. Very thankful to each and every member as well as the moderators of this group.

With reference to the documents to be uploaded for the appointment, I've uploaded all documents but is it necessary to submit them to UKVI? Perhaps its better to submit them at the time of appointment as they can be submitted only once. Can someone please confirm?
Since you are attending the appointment in person, best approach is to let them submit for you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:50 am

Are they sending links to upload documents as well, or is it just biometric appointment only? If for appointment only, can the documents be uploaded before that? I will be submitting my application in few days time. Just wanted some suggestions on that. Thanks.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:02 am

We opted to use the app, but now regretting it as it doesn’t seem to be coming any time soon. We applied June 7th.
Has anyone tried opting out after the 7th August, Do you think we could?

pinku09
Newly Registered
India

Post by pinku09 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:18 am

Sez30 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:02 am
We opted to use the app, but now regretting it as it doesn’t seem to be coming any time soon. We applied June 7th.
Has anyone tried opting out after the 7th August, Do you think we could?
I'm in the same situation, i tried to opt out (14/08) lets see what happens. Ideally they should allow as the app is no where ready and is expected to launch in trial early September.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:26 am

Have to let me know what happens, I was thinking about phoning UKVCAS about it, but I doubt they would have even a clue. I didn’t realise the app wasn’t ready until early September. We are in the middle of a mortgage offer and waiting for the new visa to come through so it’s a bit stressful.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:39 am

Sez30 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:26 am
Have to let me know what happens, I was thinking about phoning UKVCAS about it, but I doubt they would have even a clue. I didn’t realise the app wasn’t ready until early September. We are in the middle of a mortgage offer and waiting for the new visa to come through so it’s a bit stressful.
Where did you see September launch date? There is no official update saying september. These sound nothing but rumours. I infact called UKVCAS on friday and they were very hopeful of launching it in August as promised.

MrBarry465
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MrBarry465 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:19 am

Whats the sitution with colour document scans, is that an issue or is it ok?

arethere
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arethere » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:38 am

Anusuyaag wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:50 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:45 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:39 pm
Anusuyaag wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:21 pm
Applied for ILR Set (o) on 28 Jul 2020 via solicitor. Solicitor didn't receive an email whether I am eligible for biometrics reuse or not till today.
Is there any email address to check the status of my application with UAN?
My solicitor is not willing to check with UKVI. Her standard reply is none of her clients received who has applied in July 2020. She is saying she won't upload my documents in UKVCAS portal until I get an email saying whether I am eligible for biometrics reuse or not.
She is making me scarier that if documents are uploaded in to UKVCAS site it is of no use and if she uploads then I might not be able to upload later or might not be able to upload in IDV app in the future.
Usually the first communication you would receive from Ukvi is the standard email that you have applied for standard route and that it may be delayed 6 months due to covid etc.

This is usually sent about 2 weeks after your app date.

Have you received this initial email

All July applicants who applied up until 31st were invited to book appointments OR sent biometrics reuse email. Those who were sent biometrics reuse email were also given an option to opt out by 10th August. The ones who opted out, majority RE-booked appointments by now. Receiving no email at all is indeed concerning for OP.

The email your talking about is a system auto generated email. Many get it but some dont get it at all.
I haven't recieved the initial email. My solicitor was saying on Friday that she hasn't received it. She keep saying none of her clients applied in July received the initial email as well.
I applied before OP in july and have received only payment confirmation as correspondence. No delay email and no biometric reuse email.

BTY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BTY » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:03 am

Coco321 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:15 pm
BTY wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:45 pm
Hi all,
I applied on 28th March. Opted out on 7th August at 20:10.
I got my appointment email 1hr ago, booked immediately for Monday 17th August at Gloucester Library. I know I have to drive from Colchester to there but that is the earliest I can book.

Wishing good luck to all applicants.
I find one in Ipswich why you didnt book in Ipswich its closer to you
Hi,
Weirdly the earliest available booking in Ipswich was showing 26th August on my portal. As I need asap, I searched other centers by the time and found Gloucester for tomorrow. That’s why I had to book far distance, but it’s ok, I am happy to drive up there.

rarbg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rarbg » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:23 am

BTY wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:03 am
Weirdly the earliest available booking in Ipswich was showing 26th August on my portal.
That seems to be quite common, I also had the same situation - last week I couldn't see ANY appointments at ANY of the 6 London centres for the next 3 weeks, so had to book another city, but others on Twitter were booking appointments in London no problem. The London appointments seemed to be blocked out on my account. The whole system is a joke really.

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:00 pm

BTY wrote:
Coco321 wrote:
BTY wrote:
Hi all,
I got my appointment email 1hr ago, booked immediately for Monday 17th August at Gloucester Library. I know I have to drive from Colchester to there but that is the earliest I can book.

Hi,
Weirdly the earliest available booking in Ipswich was showing 26th August on my portal. As I need asap, I searched other centers by the time and found Gloucester for tomorrow. That’s why I had to book far distance, but it’s ok, I am happy to drive up there.
Thats good you have appointment tomorrow as you are in hurry i booked one Wednesday so not really far
Do you need to take anything other than the passport and brp ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:16 pm

ruzfactor wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:50 am
Are they sending links to upload documents as well, or is it just biometric appointment only? If for appointment only, can the documents be uploaded before that? I will be submitting my application in few days time. Just wanted some suggestions on that. Thanks.
Uploading documents onto the UKVCAS website

If you upload documents to the UKVCAS website, you can submit them to UKVI before completing your biometric or identity verification check. Don’t worry. You only need to upload each document once. This can be via the website, at a Service Point, or through the UKVCAS Identify Verification app. - UKVCAS flash message
Last edited by CULLINAN on Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:18 pm

MrBarry465 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:19 am
Whats the sitution with colour document scans, is that an issue or is it ok?
Colour scans are fine as long no file exceeds 6MB.

BTY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BTY » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Coco321 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:00 pm
BTY wrote:
Coco321 wrote:
BTY wrote:
Hi all,

Hi,
Thats good you have appointment tomorrow as you are in hurry i booked one Wednesday so not really far
Do you need to take anything other than the passport and brp ?
In the email they asked for documents. I will take them with me as I don’t want anymore surprise. If you ask my opinion, I believe as all my documents were already submitted before, they would only check passport and old brp to be sure right person is presenting them. Only they would ask other documents incase any of them unclear on scans previously uploaded.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:30 pm

I thought to share as this post may help new applicants joining the forum or applicants from August and onwards.
Also it may answer some frequently asked questions.

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Booking an appointment is opening up in phases. Check the UKVCAS flash message for updates. As of now, it is only open for applicants who submitted applications before 31st July.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Step 3: Booking system is not open for August applicants as of now.

Next step will be communicated to you via email; either you will be chosen to attend the biometrics appointment OR UKVI will reuse your biometrics from a previous application.

If you fall under the latter group, you will have to wait for IDV app to launch to provide your facial image (which is expected to launch in August).

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Ignore that, you will not be penalised even if you can not fulfil it.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you submit.
You will be able to add more documents via your appointment/IDV app on a later stage whatever your circumstance be.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new feature.

Note: For certain categories/cases, the CW may request for the documents to be submitted via email. It does not matter if you already have submitted via UKVCAS portal, you can still submit documents via email if requested.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Be vigilant and regularly check your email as all communication for next steps will be sent via email.

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:33 pm

Coco321 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:17 pm
alyo wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:33 pm
Hello everyone

Am i the only one who opted out before 7th of aug and have not received an email and is unable to book?

My application date was in April.

Thanks
I think your format of opt out must be wrong
Can you check the email you send to ukvcas and see if the email wrong or application number wrong ?
I have sent it to this email. Is this correct?

admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com

Billydkid
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Billydkid » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:45 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:39 pm
Anusuyaag wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:21 pm
Applied for ILR Set (o) on 28 Jul 2020 via solicitor. Solicitor didn't receive an email whether I am eligible for biometrics reuse or not till today.
Is there any email address to check the status of my application with UAN?
My solicitor is not willing to check with UKVI. Her standard reply is none of her clients received who has applied in July 2020. She is saying she won't upload my documents in UKVCAS portal until I get an email saying whether I am eligible for biometrics reuse or not.
She is making me scarier that if documents are uploaded in to UKVCAS site it is of no use and if she uploads then I might not be able to upload later or might not be able to upload in IDV app in the future.
Usually the first communication you would receive from Ukvi is the standard email that you have applied for standard route and that it may be delayed 6 months due to covid etc.

This is usually sent about 2 weeks after your app date.

Have you received this initial email

All July applicants who applied up until 31st were invited to book appointments OR sent biometrics reuse email. Those who were sent biometrics reuse email were also given an option to opt out by 10th August. The ones who opted out, majority RE-booked appointments by now. Receiving no email at all is indeed concerning for OP.

The email your talking about is a system auto generated email. Many get it but some dont get it at all.
This sounds really scary now.... :? I applied ilr set o on 29th July and to date there is no update at all. I asked my solicitor but she is saying there is no communication whatsoever. I log in to my application portal and I can see two options on the top right side of the page which says book appointment and download consent form. Now when I select the option book appointment the next option is username and password which I believe my solicitor knows. Also on the application portal it says I must book an appointment before 30th September 2020. This is getting really scary now :? :?

Billydkid
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Billydkid » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:13 pm

This sounds really scary now.... :? I applied ilr set o on 29th July and to date there is no update at all. I asked my solicitor but she is saying there is no communication whatsoever. I log in to my application portal and I can see two options on the top right side of the page which says book appointment and download consent form. Now when I select the option book appointment the next option is username and password which I believe my solicitor knows. Also on the application portal it says I must book an appointment before 30th September 2020. This is getting really scary now :? :?

kinder
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kinder » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:24 pm

box11 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:50 pm
I had an appointment Friday at 5:30 so they are opened past 5pm.
Thank you for letting me know.

kinder
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kinder » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:25 pm

whdkfk wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:03 pm
kinder wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:38 pm
I opted out on 10th August and got an email today to book an appointment. I managed to get one at Lansdowne Road one next week, received a barcode and confirmation. It is at 6pm, I just checked Appointment Points pdf document on UKVCAS website, opening hours for Lansdowne Road is 9am-5pm, I got worried that 6pm appointment was an error on the system. Anyone else got a 6pm appointment at Lansdowne Road? Thanks.
I was there this Friday and the guy who did my finger prints said they are open till 7-8pm
That is a relief, thank you very much.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:32 pm

When we uploaded to ukvcas we put spaces in our doc names instead of dashes does anyone know if this will still be accepted or if we need to submit it all again when we get the app info?

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:15 pm

Billydkid wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:13 pm
ask your solicitor to give you your ukvcas login page details then you have access and you can look your self for appointment at any time of the day or night.